• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Purchase Without Account Updated & Admin Functionality

Ok, after 4 hours Ive had enough of trying to get this contribution to work.

I get a blank page on the create_account.php page when checking out ... done all the searches, no luck ... looks like this is just the beginning of a massive saga that Im going to pull the plug on right now before it gets out of control.

I suspect the problem is to do with other contributions eg STS ... but I also just dont know.

I really like your idea here - I will PM you soon no doubt ... but wouldnt it be better to post it here so everyone who is as frustrated as I am can bale out too?

Thanks for that great idea.

This is brilliant -

just open checkout_shipping.php and change:

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN, '', 'SSL'));

to

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CREATE_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL'));

Basically, when non logged-in customer clicks checkout button, they are redirected to the page for creating an account, instead of being redirected to the login page. Theres still the default blurb reminding to login if they have an account. If logged in they proceed to confirm delivery address and so on through the process as normal.

Apart from being one of the smallest possible edits, the most brilliant thing is that you still get customers registering - without them neccessarily being conscious of the whole "im now creating an account" thing. Its far more convenient for everyone concerned for them to have an account - its just customers paranoia and ignorance that makes them want to avoid it.

And its one less mouse click to make the purchase!

I think some simple edits to the semantics could make this approach even more subtle.

I havent tested it out much yet, so hopefully its really that simple.

Many thanks for that idea bgentryk

Edited by garlicbred

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to remove the password creation & password verification.

Anybody has done this before ?

I have check the Guest Account version 2.2 contribution but it's not seem's to work correctly.

thanks

Lenamtl

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to remove the password creation & password verification.

Anybody has done this before ?

I have check the Guest Account version 2.2 contribution but it's not seem's to work correctly.

thanks

You could try the purchase without account. You should (imho) also have the option of creating an account.

• 1 month later...

I've used an older version of PWA before (the one with the separate Order_info page), and recently tried to do a project with the newest version, which I noticed now just uses a "guest" parameter in create_account. This seems fine, except for one thing - the customer_id seems to be manually set to 0. So when people change their shipping address and it gets entered in the address_book table, they're all being entered as customer_id 0. This means that someone who went to change their address was seeing entries from 5 other people on the change address screen. Obviously, not ideal! Has anyone else experienced this problem? I've tried solving it by getting what the customer_id should be (getting auto_increment from the customer table, and then updating it and upping auto_increment...I also tried just doing the customer_table insert), and both of those methods seem to clobber the session and break everything.

Any advice people have would be very much appreciated. Thank you!

Hi All, I am new at this whole OSCommerce. I like the software alot. I tried to add this mod into the store and I got this as an error when I clicked "Checkout" without registering an account.

Warning: main(includes/languages/english/FILENAME_CREATE_ACCOUNT_PROCESS) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home2/lippinco/public_html/store/Order_Info_Process.php on line 21

Warning: main(includes/languages/english/FILENAME_CREATE_ACCOUNT_PROCESS) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home2/lippinco/public_html/store/Order_Info_Process.php on line 21

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/languages/english/FILENAME_CREATE_ACCOUNT_PROCESS' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home2/lippinco/public_html/store/Order_Info_Process.php on line 21

Anybody know how to fix this?

Thanks,

Michael

PWA and SSL problem####

Hi all - anybody had any experience of this problem??

PWA - installed on several stores and it runs fine.

On one store with a shared SSL I can get normal customers logged in no problem - however PWA gives a 404 error after create_account.php - the url it is looking for is showing up as the same one it used to get to create_account.php

e.g /catalog/create_account.php?guest=guest&osCsid=4936907a097940a3cf742f1bc632e028

Remove SSL and it works. Set it up on a server with a private SSL - it works.

No entries in error logs - just the 404

Any ideas??

Graeme

Edited by sakwoya

PWA and SSL problem####

Hi all - anybody had any experience of this problem??

PWA - installed on several stores and it runs fine.

On one store with a shared SSL I can get normal customers logged in no problem - however PWA gives a 404 error after create_account.php - the url it is looking for is showing up as the same one it used to get to create_account.php

e.g /catalog/create_account.php?guest=guest&osCsid=4936907a097940a3cf742f1bc632e028

Remove SSL and it works. Set it up on a server with a private SSL - it works.

No entries in error logs - just the 404

Any ideas??

Graeme

Replying to my own posts - bad form?

Traced this one to an error in the admin/includes/configure.php file. Absolute path was shown as public_html/blah blah/ - that's the folde rname used for ftp. However running a server info php on it showed that the root folder was really /home/domain/public_html/blah blah - changed the config files and it's a runner.

Graeme

Hello,

I am new to oscommerce. I installed 2.2RC version. It was working all right.

Then I installed "PWA MS2 by Petsk dated 3 Jul 2006". Now it stopped working (complaining about register_globals, when I enabled that, it still didn't help).

I am not totally surprised PWA broke 2.2RC, because when I first saw PWA contributions, I was puzzled how could I tell which version of PWA I should download.

In fact, I compared the dates on the files that appear both in 2.2RC and PWA release, some files in 2.2RC are newer than the same files in PWA. I don't believe I can use PWA with 2.2RC.

Is there a version of PWA that can work with 2.2RC? or is there a recommendation for something else if I want to let visitors to purchase without an account?

thanks in advance.

I have only 2 days experience with osc so far. Please forgive me if I miss something badly. I really would like to hear opinions from some veterans

I installed 2.2rc, it was runnning all right. Then I downloaded July 3, 2006 version of PWA. I hesitated before I applied the module, because 2.2rc is newer than your PWA contribution.

I took the risk. First problem I had was register_globals. I had to turn it on for PWA to work. I wonder if there is solution so I don't need to turn the global on?

The second problem really baffles me. I wonder how it could it have ever worked before?

I had to move the following part (around line 300 in the orignal checkout_confirmation.php to about line 239).

// begin move form header here

if (isset($$payment->form_action_url)) {

$form_action_url = $$payment->form_action_url;

} else {

$form_action_url = tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PROCESS, '', 'SSL');

}

// end move form header here

echo tep_draw_form('checkout_confirmation', $form_action_url, 'post');

otherwise, all the credit card <input> text fields would appear outside the <form> block, therefore, when I submit my data, I always got this error 'TEXT_CCVAL_ERROR_UNKNOWN_CARD', 'The first four digits of the number entered are:<br>If that number is correct, we do not accept that type of credit card.<br>If it is wrong, please try again.'

because none of the values was submitted.

I wonder if I should not use PWA with 2.2rc release?

Hi

For some reason, after I duplicate a new store with PWA previously installed, PWA wouldn't work...

When I click check out without account, it brings me back to the same page and my shopping cart is zeroed!!

What did I do wrong here?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All,

For some reason, in the checkout_confirmation.php the shipping cost isnt aded to the billing (and not charging the customer at all).

Any ideas? i have sat for long hours exploring this problem but nada!

Can anyone help on this issue?

Thanks, Sharon

Installed contributions:

Ultimate_SEO, Article Manager 1.5, Dynamic SiteMap 2.0, Infopages, Google SiteMap XMl w/admin 2.1, HeaderTagControler 2.6.1, FCKosc 2.21, X-sell 2.3, Google Analytics Modul, All Products, Page Cache 1.5, EasyPopulate2.7d, Multi Product Manager 2.5, Define Main Page, and probably few others...

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I have PWA installed and I did some slight modifications to stip down the site. The PWA works fine except for when filing out the /create_account.php page and an impropper credit card is used. Instead of notifying the user of ther error, it will bring you to the login.php page. I can not figure this out?? Wny help on htis matter would be greatly appreciate.

Andrew

I am installing PWA_1_2_5b, and have tried many times and ways to settle the following problems, but am almost giving up. These problems do not occur when I entered as a registered member, but when I enter and process an order without account.

(1) When I proceed from create_account to checkout_shipping, I always get a blank page, and then the page after re-loaded the page.

(2) Checkout_Payment page does not show payment method selection box as per attached image.

I am using oScommerce-2.2MS1j-R7, an old and Japanese version, for my shop is all in Japanese. But I have been successfully installing many constributions developed for oScommerce-2.2MS2.

Appreciate if anyone helps me to solve this problem.

Thanks.

Harada

(Sorry. I forgot attaching the screen shot)

I am installing PWA_1_2_5b, and have tried many times and ways to settle the following problems, but am almost giving up. These problems do not occur when I entered as a registered member, but when I enter and process an order without account.

(1) When I proceed from create_account to checkout_shipping, I always get a blank page, and then the page after re-loaded the page.

(2) Checkout_Payment page does not show payment method selection box as this screen shot. http://www.chikyunetwork.org/images/checkout_payment_trouble_screenshot_71109.jpg

I am using oScommerce-2.2MS1j-R7, an old and Japanese version, for my shop is all in Japanese. But I have been successfully installing many constributions developed for oScommerce-2.2MS2.

Appreciate if anyone helps me to solve this problem.

Harada

Edited by kmiweb00

• 4 weeks later...
I've used an older version of PWA before (the one with the separate Order_info page), and recently tried to do a project with the newest version, which I noticed now just uses a "guest" parameter in create_account. This seems fine, except for one thing - the customer_id seems to be manually set to 0. So when people change their shipping address and it gets entered in the address_book table, they're all being entered as customer_id 0. This means that someone who went to change their address was seeing entries from 5 other people on the change address screen. Obviously, not ideal! Has anyone else experienced this problem? I've tried solving it by getting what the customer_id should be (getting auto_increment from the customer table, and then updating it and upping auto_increment...I also tried just doing the customer_table insert), and both of those methods seem to clobber the session and break everything.

i am facing the same problem. anyone help? Thanks!

Hello, I set up osCommerce 2.2 MS2 and installed purchase without account, pwa_1_2_5b and pwa0910-jhfix1.

I'm testing it and facing a problem I can't solve.

I'm using shared SSL for pages which should be secured.

When I go straight to checkout process, 'My Account Information' page is in SSL mode.

But the next page 'Delivery Information Shipping Address' page is not in SSL.

If I go to the next step, the page is in SSL again. Only shipping address page is not in SSL.

I have no idea how to fix it.

Could anyone give me some advice?

Thanks

Hello, I set up osCommerce 2.2 MS2 and installed purchase without account, pwa_1_2_5b and pwa0910-jhfix1.

I'm testing it and facing a problem I can't solve.

I'm using shared SSL for pages which should be secured.

When I go straight to checkout process, 'My Account Information' page is in SSL mode.

But the next page 'Delivery Information Shipping Address' page is not in SSL.

If I go to the next step, the page is in SSL again. Only shipping address page is not in SSL.

I have no idea how to fix it.

Could anyone give me some advice?

Thanks

I'm not that technical...yet...was it doing this before you installed the PWA contrib? If so, it could be something in your configure.php file. Otherwise, check the my account information page and find where it is defining the continue button to go to. it is possible that it is just telling it to go to an http instead of an https....hope you get it sorted.

---------

I am also in a bit of a pickle...mmm pickles :D ...two things, ill start with the most important:

1- the attributes do not come through when adding to cart. I dont know which version it is, but I believe it is the one submitted by "alarian"

2- When a user clicks Confirm, the order is placed, but they do not receive a confirmation page, it brings them straight to the homepage, so the user is confused as to whether or not they palced the order...how can I fix this?

Does this PWA work with templates such as templatemonster for example? or is it built from the ground up for the default oscommerce? also, have anyone had any succes with doing this with a template? I have had many long days and nights over this contribution.

Thanks,

Tim

I have used a template and have the STS contribution installed plus a few others and I have the system working except for the fact that it does not pass along the attributes on the first attempt. If this is not a problem for you, than give it a try. Just use a compare program (I used winmerge) and find the differences between the original file and the contribution file.

I'm not that technical...yet...was it doing this before you installed the PWA contrib? If so, it could be something in your configure.php file. Otherwise, check the my account information page and find where it is defining the continue button to go to. it is possible that it is just telling it to go to an http instead of an https....hope you get it sorted.

Thanks Joe Garite II.

I changed create_account.php and the shipping address page is shown in SSL mode!

I changed line 258 in Purchase without account ver. pwa_1_2_5b

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['guest']) or isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['guest'])) tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING));

to

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['guest']) or isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['guest'])) tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL'));

Thanks again!

i am facing the same problem. anyone help? Thanks!

This is a major security problem and this mod should either be removed until it is fixed or just thrown out completely. Whenever you get to the option during checkout of "changing the shipping address" after clicking this you suddenly get to see every single persons full name and address that ordered using the purchase without account mod

Several people are having the same problem, THIS MOD SHOULD NOT BE USED until this problem is fixed, how pissed off are your customers going to get once they realize their full name and address are public information thanks to this security problem