• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Purchase Without Account Updated & Admin Functionality

Use a file compare program to compare the included files. Look for Code surrounded by // PWA BOF and // PWA EOF. ----> Uhm, there is a file which I cant find any PWA, it's the shopping_cart.php. What should I do now?

Yes this threw me as well .. I ended up backing up my original file and then replacing shopping_cart.php with the one in this contribution.

The whole mod works, so great, ..... B U T ...

The most recent security update to MS2 included an update to this very file. Could someone who's been active on the project update the contribution to include the // PWA comments in this file, as there are quite a few changes from the stock install on this file.

Could someone also shed some light on whether we need to make changes to the shopping_cart.php file to bring the file into line with the most upto date version please .. I'm willing to help.

Kind Regards,

Ket

--------------------------------------

I was wondering if someone would tell me where and which .php I need to edit to change the message:

"Do you want to go straight to the checkout process?

Would like like to check out without creating a customer account? Please note that all of our services will not be available to customers that do not wish to create an account. Also, you can not view the order status of your order, and each time you have to shop with us you will have to re-enter all of your data.

Creating an account is Free. If you still wish to continue to checkout please click the checkout button to your right."

I wanted to add a small statement explaining that the customer would still be asked for shipping info but not actually become a registered customer, because the account sign up screen pops up immediately after they agree to "checkout without registering" (clicking on the lower checkout link).

Thanks for your time.

I'm using Barry's version 58 fix and are getting this error. Anybody know what is causing this and advise on a solution? Thanks

Warning: main(includes/languages/english/Order_Info_Process.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/httpd/vhosts/ticketstobuy.com/httpdocs/osc2/catalog/Order_Info_Process.php on line 21

Warning: main(includes/languages/english/Order_Info_Process.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/httpd/vhosts/ticketstobuy.com/httpdocs/osc2/catalog/Order_Info_Process.php on line 21

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/languages/english/Order_Info_Process.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /home/httpd/vhosts/ticketstobuy.com/httpdocs/osc2/catalog/Order_Info_Process.php on line 21

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

I have installed the latest version of PWA and when i go to the Checkout all i get is the normal looking login.php.

There is no straight to checkout button.

I have tried a few versions and they all do the same thing.

Does any one have any idea where I might be going wrong?

I have check all the files and most of them are identical to the file that I download.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Rob

Any one got any idea why is cent see the

Proceed Directly to Checkout button

i have install as the readme say to and nothering has change

Any help would be great

Thanks That Got it working up to a point.

I can get up to the point where i can put in the shipping detals and when i click continue.

the page changes to checkout_shipping.php but is Blank.

i have checked all the fiiles with beyond Compare and they all look the same.

is there some thing else some where i need to change.

any one have any ideas.

thanks

I'm trying to install PWA (07182006 - Alarian) on the latest snapshot as of 060817. My problem is the catalog/includes/classes/shopping_cart. The only file not clearly marked with the PWA changes. I tried to edit and that didn't work. I even tried replacing my file with the included file in the contrib. It didn't work either.... got a parse error. The file was just copied and pasted into my site... no edits done and a parse error?

Anyway, I'm asking for help to get this file edited. I've got the others done. Then I can begin testing. I hope. This is on a local install so I can't post a link.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Still struggling with this. The error I receive when I try to access the catalog is this:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in C:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\catalog\includes\classes\shopping_cart.php on line 434

Line 434 is the end of the file.

Can anyone give me a clue how to fix this? :-"

Thanks for looking.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

In checkout_process.php i added the following code to determine if the customer created an account

and depending of the customer_id to put the URL in the email for the order confirmation only when

an account was created:

(($customer_id == 0)? '' : EMAIL_TEXT_INVOICE_URL . ' ' . "<A HREF='" . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT_HISTORY_INFO, 'order_id=' . $insert_id, 'SSL', false) . "'>" . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT_HISTORY_INFO, 'order_id=' . $insert_id, 'SSL', false) . "<A>\n") .//////////////

I wanted to do the same change in the update emails created by orders.php in the map /admin,

but unfortunately the same code doesn't work because the customers_id is not known.

How can i get the value for the customers_id when updating the status of an order using

orders.php in the admin?

I use the latest version 1.25 of PWA.

Thanks for your help!

Cheers,

Eric :D :D :D

Edited by Dynatech

• 2 weeks later...

All,

Being a guy of the male gender, I recognize that I am not the most observant of people. Therefore, it comes as no surprise to me that I am completely at a loss as to how to go about installing the latest version of PWA. I downloaded it. I looked for a comprehensive installation file that would explain to me how to install the thing, but I am not finding it. I hope that I am not the only one that doesn't understand how to install this thing. I've searched through this forum for any mention of installation instructions, but have found nothing. It seems everyone else here is far smarter than I am, which I have no problem with.

The only text file that I could find that had even the remotest possible inclination towards installation instructions was the file called "Purchase_without_account.txt" which says this:

1) Execute the "english.sql" with PHPMyAdmin or another MySQL-Client

2) Use a file compare program to compare the included files.

Look for Code surrounded by // PWA BOF and // PWA EOF.

When I first read this, I thought it made perfect sense. My only question was "huh?"

Seriously, am I the only person trying to implement this that doesn't understand what this means? Everyone else seems to have some inkling of what to do, but I can't seem to figure it out. An earlier version of PWA came with a rather extensive set of instructions. The one dated in October of 2006 has...well, what I quoted above.

I hope that my post isn't arrogant or rude. I am just frustrated because I'd really like to implement this on my site, Twilight Teez. Maybe I'm missing an obvious support forum on this, but all of my searches bring me back to this one, and as I said, I don't see any help in this regard.

Thanks. Happy New Year to everyone!

Brian (Schadeboy) Schade

CIO and Webmaster

Twilight Teez, LLC

"Camping is nature's way of promoting the hotel industry."

-Dave Barry

Well, after waiting two days for an answer to this, I decided to just bit the bullet and upload the files and let the chips fall where they may. I ran the SQL query that was appropriate, and so far things seem to have worked. I am curious about something, though. If a user of my site wants to write a comment or review of a product, they are taken to the same login page as if they are about to buy something. They are presented with the same three options - to sign in if they are a currently registered customer, to create an account, or just blaze on by without creating one or logging in. But the page is exactly the same as if they were buying something. To me, this is very confusing. I'm wondering if anyone else has run into this and what solution they came up with?

I suppose I could go through this message thread and check on that myself...

Brian (Schadeboy) Schade

CIO and Webmaster

Twilight Teez, LLC

"Camping is nature's way of promoting the hotel industry."

-Dave Barry

Great contribution - no troubles installing! Thanks so much!

I am, however, receiving one error... when the confirmation email is sent, there is a link to the "order history" - which I can delete, that's not a problem at all. However, if my non-logged-in-customer selects "Account Information" after they've placed their order, I get this error:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected '}' in /home/XXXXXX/public_html/account_history_info.php on line 30

I've compared my account_history_info.php with a clean version, but I have the CCGV contribution added too. Here is the line causing the problems:

Copyright © 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

require('includes/application_top.php');

if (!tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) {

$navigation->set_snapshot();

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN, '', 'SSL'));

}

if (!tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) {

$navigation->set_snapshot();

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN, '', 'SSL'));

}

tep_db_perform(TABLE_ADDRESS_BOOK, $sql_data_array);

$billto = tep_db_insert_id();

if (tep_session_is_registered('payment')) tep_session_unregister('payment');

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, '', 'SSL')); (line 29)

} (line 30)

// process the selected billing destination

} elseif (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['address'])) {

$reset_payment = false;

if (tep_session_is_registered('billto')) {

if ($billto != $HTTP_POST_VARS['address']) {

if (tep_session_is_registered('payment')) {

$reset_payment = true;

}

}

} else {

tep_session_register('billto');

}

$billto = $HTTP_POST_VARS['address'];

$check_address_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_ADDRESS_BOOK . " where customers_id = '" . $customer_id . "' and address_book_id = '" . $billto . "'");

$check_address = tep_db_fetch_array($check_address_query);

Any ideas? I tried simply deleting the }, but then it moves on to the same error on line 32, etc...

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hi,

I've installed the latest version of pwa 1.2.5a.

Seems to be working but i have these to concerns/questions:

1) When someone has gone through checkout without creating an account on the checkout success page they still get the option to tick 'recieve notifications' on the products they bought - surely this doesn't actually do anything so how can I change the code to stop this happening?

2) Can I remove the bos int he ckecout process that asked for comments?

3) Is there a contribution that works with PWA to make the checkout shorter - i.e combine the payment and shipping pages?

4) Probably the same is happening to mine as in the post above - when someone reviews a product they are taken to the login.php screen which is the same for the checkout.

Many thanks

Becki

I need help to install PWA along with Address Book Enhancer. I can't figure out how to merge the code for checkout_shipping.php.

With address book enhancer:

//rmh addr-enhancer begin
// process the selected shipping destination  
 if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['action']) && ($HTTP_POST_VARS['action'] == 'update')) {  
if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['shipto'])) {
  $reset_shipping = false;
  if (tep_session_is_registered('sendto')) {
	if ($sendto != $HTTP_POST_VARS['shipto']) {
	  if (tep_session_is_registered('shipping')) {
		$reset_shipping = true;
	  }
	}
  } else {
	tep_session_register('sendto');
  }

$sendto = $HTTP_POST_VARS['shipto'];

// verify the selected shipping address
  $check_address_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_ADDRESS_BOOK . " where customers_id = '" . (int)$customer_id . "' and address_book_id = '" . (int)$sendto . "'");

if ($check_address['total'] == '1') {
	if ($reset_shipping == true) tep_session_unregister('shipping');
	tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL'));
  } else {
	tep_session_unregister('sendto');
  }
} else {
  if (!tep_session_is_registered('sendto')) tep_session_register('sendto');
  $sendto = ($customer_shipto_address_id == 0 ? $customer_default_address_id : $customer_shipto_address_id); //rmh addr-enhancer

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL'));
}
 }

// if no shipping destination address was selected, use their own address as default
 if (tep_session_is_registered('sendto')) {
$check_address_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_ADDRESS_BOOK . " where customers_id = '" . (int)$customer_id . "' and address_book_id = '" . (int)$sendto . "'");

if ($check_address['total'] != '1') {
  $sendto = ($customer_shipto_address_id == 0 ? $customer_default_address_id : $customer_shipto_address_id); //rmh addr-enhancer
}
 } else {
 }
//rmh addr-enhancer end

With PWA:

// if no shipping destination address was selected, use the customers own address as default
 if (!tep_session_is_registered('sendto')) {
$sendto = $customer_default_address_id;
 } else {
// PWA BOF
if ($customer_id == 0) {
  $sendto = 1;
} else {

if ($check_address['total'] != '1') {
	$sendto = $customer_default_address_id;
	if (tep_session_is_registered('shipping')) tep_session_unregister('shipping');
  }
}
 }
 // PWA EOF

Well, after waiting two days for an answer to this, I decided to just bit the bullet and upload the files and let the chips fall where they may. I ran the SQL query that was appropriate, and so far things seem to have worked. I am curious about something, though. If a user of my site wants to write a comment or review of a product, they are taken to the same login page as if they are about to buy something. They are presented with the same three options - to sign in if they are a currently registered customer, to create an account, or just blaze on by without creating one or logging in. But the page is exactly the same as if they were buying something. To me, this is very confusing. I'm wondering if anyone else has run into this and what solution they came up with?

I suppose I could go through this message thread and check on that myself...

I haven't tried it yet but there is a fix on the contribution page that stops the PWA checkout box appearing if there is nothing in the cart - this helps a bit.

But still needs something to say don't display PWA checkout box if they have clicked on review?

Becki

• 1 month later...

I apologize if this has been addressed already, but...I simply cannot read this entire thread to find my answer.

Does PWA generate emails to the customer when an order's status is updated?

I just had someone write and ask if I had received their money order yet. I received it on the 8th, updated the status to processing. Shipped on the 9th and updated the status to shipped. Yet, this person received no emails from the website when this was done; though Admin shows that the customer was notified.

She made it clear that she had not created an account and had checked out with PWA.

She's an AOL user, so I asked her to check her spam folder and see if they were there, and...nothing.

So...are order update emails sent if the customer checks out with PWA? Thanks!

I apologize if this has been addressed already, but...I simply cannot read this entire thread to find my answer.

Does PWA generate emails to the customer when an order's status is updated?

I just had someone write and ask if I had received their money order yet. I received it on the 8th, updated the status to processing. Shipped on the 9th and updated the status to shipped. Yet, this person received no emails from the website when this was done; though Admin shows that the customer was notified.

She made it clear that she had not created an account and had checked out with PWA.

She's an AOL user, so I asked her to check her spam folder and see if they were there, and...nothing.

So...are order update emails sent if the customer checks out with PWA? Thanks!

I do not no the answer to this but it's easily to check!

Please let me know what the outcome was - if i get time i'll check myself.

Becki

I do not no the answer to this but it's easily to check!

Please let me know what the outcome was - if i get time i'll check myself.

Becki

PWA= no account

no account = no email address

no email address = no notification.

PWA= no account

no account = no email address

no email address = no notification.

Good Point! It would be nice for them to receive emails on order status and then say the email address deleted once the item is marked as shipped or something.

Anyway...

• 1 month later...

None of my billing or shipping addresses are being passed properly using PWA1.2.5a. The problem does not occur when using the standard account login, and is not affected by changing "purchase without account shippingaddress" or "address book entries" in admin. My register_globals is off.

<edit> To be more precise, the billing address appears to be passed, it can be accessed on the final checkout page, but the shipping address cannot, and does not seem to be passed from the billing address as it waas previously. Niether address appears on the packing slips or invoices!

You can see whats happening on my development shop here:

http://www.nomadictreasures.com/

and click "catalog."

the "address_format table" is not empty, all address format codes are set correctly in admin.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Andrew

Edited by monkeytribe