Latest News: (loading..)
Blue Penguin

Change the language to currency association paradigm

I could not find anything like this in a search so I will create a new post.

Right now in 2.3.4 I am observing that there is an association of a language to a type of currency.  I would recommend changing this.

As in.

Countries have:

- languages

- currencies

- flags

Languages have:

- words

- characters

- reading order of text.

I state the following example of this issue.

The english language packet seemed to have the flag for the UK included with it and default to USD <?> as the currency.  I searched in the mods to find a "fix" that gives a USA flag.  Here are 3 major countries that claim their language is english.

$ - dollar, USA

£ - pound, UK
₹ - Rupee, India

So in order to foster future international peace I recommend separation of language and country content.

unless we should enter the conversation of how Zed is really Zero and the like :)

-Blue Penguin

Currently a flag is associated with a language and that is the issue.

if you were to look at my system you find 2 special flags, one combining the US and UK flag and another one the belgian and dutch flags.

Now I dropped these since a long time from the display as it is no longer common practice to use flags as a (terrible) shortcut for the selection of languages. The bootstrap version doesn't show flags anymore , think the problem will be solved soon

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt