• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Integrate ReCaptcha With Wholesale Contact Page

I have osc recaptcha installed for my "contact us", "create account", etc pages because the install info explained how to edit the code...I would like to know how to add the recaptcha to my "wholesale contact page"...

has anyone already done this? if so would you please share how you did it or point me to a link that explains it?

thanks.

I'm running v2.3.4

Can you just not use the same code as used in the other pages altered if necessary to match your new pages code.If I remeber the captcha code is not that difficult to make work, but it does depend on the addon used.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

If there is no "canned" installation (e.g., add-on) for what you want to do, you'll have to dive into the PHP code (and maybe Javascript too) and see how the reCaptcha for one instance modified the code, and fit that into the new place. This unfortunately will require some coding skills on your part.

Be aware that CAPTCHAs (including reCaptcha) are not a panacea for keeping bots out. Most visual puzzles (including CAPTCHAS) were automatically broken long ago, and cranking up the difficulty to the point where bots are stopped will result in lots of complaints from your customers who can't read the puzzles. Still, they're probably better than nothing, but don't expect miracles.