• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

use smtp to send mail

maomdq

Hi,

i go to admin area and set the mail sending method as smtp,

but it seems there is no option for me to set the auth. info.

i search with http://www.inmotionhosting.com/support/edu/oscommerce/testing-ecommerce-functionality/setting-up-smtp-with-oscommerce and follow it to modify,

but i get some issues,

1. for new order,user can get order summart mail well,

but it's charset is wrong with "Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1",

how can i fix it with utf-8 ?

2. new order's mail will be sent well,

but "Send Email To Customers" at tool area,

no matter how i did a try,no mail be sent to my mailbox,

how can i fix it ?

thank you.

@@maomdq

some reason the webservers not sure that contains SMTP service so you have to use SMTP class for example PHPMailer or other SMTP web service. oscommerce mail class not do it. Search for PHPMailer and oscommerce or something else.

:blink:
osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

@@maomdq

some reason the webservers not sure that contains SMTP service so you have to use SMTP class for example PHPMailer or other SMTP web service. oscommerce mail class not do it. Search for PHPMailer and oscommerce or something else.

Hi,

with http://www.inmotionhosting.com/support/edu/oscommerce/testing-ecommerce-functionality/setting-up-smtp-with-oscommerce

i download PHPMailer and modify my email.php,

and the "order notify to user" and "contactus to admin " can get the mail well,

but im nt sure why the /admin/mail.php can not send mail out well.

thank you.

Its a very poor usage description. There are conflicts with send to mail address and more.

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/94340-smtp-authentication-and-oscommerce/

:blink:
osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

• 3 weeks later...

In all the years with oscommerce there has never been an easy way to send smtp email from oscommerce using a relay server. A simple add-on would be nice. people using a windows server seem to have the hardest time with it. Sitting at home with nothing to do after cancer surgery on Tuesday, so I will put one together for 3.2.1-2.3.4 > i am using a relay server for mail in 2.3.4.

Archived