• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

modding up a 2.3.4BS Gold

greasemonkey

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey All, working on intergrating HMTL emails from @Gergely  using his git fork here https://github.com/tgely/osCommerce-234-bootstrap/commits/cleaned_email_templates

I have pulled out all the new files and will start updating the core as a test this weekend.

@greasemonkey

Have you tested the password forgotten / reset function, and is it working properly?

@@Hotclutch I've done up copy & paste instructions (for myself originally) and drop on top files (as I've been trying to do for most of the addon's I've converted to BS... for release when I'm done and live) for adding this to 2.3.4 BS GOLD and was going to ask @ permission to upload as an addon.... PM me your email and I will send them your way....

@@Hotclutch I've done up copy & paste instructions (for myself originally) and drop on top files (as I've been trying to do for most of the addon's I've converted to BS... for release when I'm done and live) for adding this to 2.3.4 BS GOLD and was going to ask @@Gergely permission to upload as an addon.... PM me your email and I will send them your way....

Thank you

PM sent

Hi All, so far so good... The first weekend under bootstrap was not a disaster ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

The earth is still round... The sky is still blue... And orders came in. Thanks all who PM'ed for a link and provided feedback!

Approx 40 orders came in over the weekend - with a notable increase in dollar value which I attribute to a rather old module (from 2009) - Amount to free shipping... I hacked up to work with BS. I'm really not sure why I didn't use this before?

The very basics are in includes/modules/boxes/bm_shopping_cart.php

// BOF Amount Till Free Shipping		
       $free_shipping_mount = MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_SHIPPING_FREE_SHIPPING_OVER; 
         if ($cart->count_contents() > 0) {

if ($cart->show_total() < $free_shipping_mount) {
           //$cart_contents_string .= '<li class="text-left"><hr>'  . BOX_SHIPPING_CART_FREE_SHIPPING . $currencies->format($free_shipping_mount) . '</li>'   ;
           $cart_contents_string .= '<li class="text-left">' . BOX_SHIPPING_CART_FREE_SHIPPING . $currencies->format($free_shipping_mount - $cart->show_total()) . BOX_SHIPPING_CART_LEFT_TO_QUALIFY. '</li>';							 							 

} else if ($cart->show_total() > $free_shipping_mount) {
           $cart_contents_string .= '<li class="text-left"><hr>' . BOX_SHIPPING_CART_QUALIFIES_FREE_SHIPPING . '</li>'   ;
         }    
       }  

} else {
        $cart_contents_string .= '<p>' . MODULE_BOXES_SHOPPING_CART_BOX_CART_EMPTY . '</p>';
      }
// EOF Amount Till Free Shipping

I've made a couple other mods to since launch...

The most important is the btn-success in checkout_shipping, payment and confimation... I've added the class btn-lg (btn-success btn-lg)... super simple... and makes the Continue and Order Confirmation buttons stand out just a little more.

However, I have an on going (forever on going issue) with double clicks (duplicate orders) on checkout_confirmation.

I've been trying to implement one of the many solutions (like; here, here or here).

However ALL fail... It seems to have something to do with my primary payment method.... as soon as the javascript is added to checkout_confirmation it fails (transaction failed).... I have no errors in the logs... the payment API just returns transaction failed and then redirects back to checkout_payment.

I'm really not clear as to why... I had javascript in checkout_confirmation in 2.3.x... So why now with bootstrap? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

For move forward development. I have created a duplicate copy, in a "test directory" with a copy of the DB, of my now live 2.3.4 BS site to trial and test addons.

I will also be downloading a fresh copy of 2.3.4 BS into another test dir to start trialing addons I have ported over for release.

The trick to preventing double click on osCommerce buttons is applying the click prevention to a div or span surrounding the button and not to the button itself. I'll dig up the code if you can't figure it out from this.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

• 3 weeks later...

@@firstbizsoft please post your question in the support thread for the addon.

That said, I see you asked the same question in the support thread and did not receive an answer.... The reason why you didn't receive an answer was probably because your question had already been answered (just 2 post previous to your question... With a YouTube tutorial).

Starting new store and been seeing alot; f good things about 2.3.4BS but i can; nly of nd the download to the standard 2.3.4 can someone share a nk with me or tell me how to get the BS version.

Thank You for the help.

I'm gonna try and use the Edge 2.3.4BS Gold I'm very new to all this and i know nothing about codeing. So any advice will be greatly appreciated. I am trying to build a lingerie business. Is there a way to import my products in xls format?

@@Intimate1 this isn't a general support thread, although Scott is very helpful it would be better if you start your own and we can help you navigate the world of oscommerce to get where you want to go. But put briefly: not out of the box, you need to install a suitable addon - and I'm going to refrain from going any further as it'll just start a discussion here!

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Looking for a payment or shipping module? Maybe I've already done it.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

• 1 month later...

Ok, discount codes are done.... However, having some trouble getting the javascript to validate the code to work... below is the scrip - that in standard OsC versions goes in checkout_payment. I didn't think it would work... and it doesn't. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated????

I think it needs to go in includes/template_bottom.php but no joy...

<?php
  // Discount Code 3.1.1 - start
  if (MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_DISCOUNT_STATUS == 'true') {
?><script>
$(document).ready(function() {
var a = 0;
discount_code_process();
$('#discount_code').blur(function() { if (a == 0) discount_code_process(); a = 0 });
$("#discount_code").keypress(function(event) { if (event.which == 13) { event.preventDefault(); a = 1; discount_code_process() } });
function discount_code_process() { if ($("#discount_code").val() != "") { $("#discount_code").attr("readonly", "readonly"); $("#discount_code_status").empty().append('<?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_ICONS . 'dc_progress.gif'); ?>'); $.post("discount_code.php", { discount_code: $("#discount_code").val() }, function(data) { data == 1 ? $("#discount_code_status").empty().append('<?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_ICONS . 'dc_success.gif'); ?>') : $("#discount_code_status").empty().append('<?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_ICONS . 'dc_failed.gif'); ?>'); $("#discount_code").removeAttr("readonly") }); } }
});</script>
<?php
  }
  // Discount Code 3.1.1 - end
?>

The coupon code seems to work in testing - just not giving the "green check" "red x"....

Also had to redo the input fields from tables to divs... Like this;

<label for="inputComments" class="control-label col-sm-4"><?php echo TEXT_DISCOUNT_CODE; ?></label>
		<div class="col-sm-8">
		<?php 
		echo '  '.tep_draw_input_field('discount_code', $sess_discount_code, 'id="discount_code" size="10"'); 
		?>
	   </div>

@@greasemonkey

Scott did you ever figure this out?

Dan

• 2 weeks later...

Archived