• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Pollbooth Update Soon

Ian

I'm just putting the finishing touches to a major upgrade to the Pollbooth contribution.

The upgrade adds the following.

Full multi-language support. Poll questions & answers can now be defined in multiple languages.

Category based polls (e.g. Poll only appears when in a certain category) Multiple polls for different vategories can be defined.

Comment on polls. Now have a rudimentary comments system.

You can see an alpha version at www.zenwarehouse.com/new_credit_class/catalog/

A lot of the layout still needs tidying up, as well as error checking on post comments. You can see an example of a category based poll by clicking on any DVD product.

Comments/feedback etc welcome.

Trust me, I'm an Accountant.

I've got a small suggestion...

I've used the pollbooth v1.2 before and found it nicely done. One thing I wanted, but gave up because to much to change (I was lazy... :)), was to change the background colour of the pollbooth. Problem was that you used the same css classes as the other boxes. So when changing one, they all changed.

Do you think it would be possible to code your pollbooth with a different CSS class for the background. It would have to be added to the stylesheet file then, but it would also be much easier from then on to change the background of the pollbooth. Giving it an extra "standup" from all the other boxes...

anyway... it's just a suggestion... I'm sure I'll like it as it is also :)

cya!

_____.:::.________###__________|/______

:(o o): . (o o) (o o)

ooO--(_)--Ooo-ooO--(_)--Ooo-ooO--(_)--Ooo-

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Ian

Just to get an idea, when is the update likely to be ready, should I go with 1.3 in the meantime? Thanks for all your effort.

Fatal error: Failed opening required 'includes/boxes/polls.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php/:/usr/lib/php/pear/:/home/cvs/') in /var/www/html/new_credit_class/catalog/includes/column_right.php on line 14

That's the error I get from http://www.zenwarehouse.com/new_credit_class/catalog/.

Here's the contrib url for anyone else searching this forum...

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,20

K

When the going get's tough,

the tough get going.

It should be ready in 3-4 days.

Sorry about the site error, I'm changing things around to demo a few more of my contributions, I'll stick up a fresh link later on.

Trust me, I'm an Accountant.