• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Custom P C Creator v1 Released!!!!!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I managed to solve the problem of setting the order of attributes by adding "Order by ccc_id" to the end of each database query.

$grab = tep_db_query("SELECT ccc_cname FROM ccc");

becomes

$grab = tep_db_query("SELECT ccc_cname FROM ccc Order BY ccc_id");

You need to change this for each $grab statement;

There are 3 instances in /catalog/build.php,

3 in instances /catalog/custom_checkout.php,

1 instance in /catalog/jave.php,and

2 instances in /catalog/includes/functions/custom_computer.php

Once you have done this the order will be determined by the ccc_id field for each category name.

Hope that helps.

Hi, I tried your code but couldn't get it to work. I am using OScommerce 2.2MS1. I tried this many different times. Usually I got TEP Stop error or something like that. I had to usually cut and paste php from original java.php and customer_computer.php to fix it. For some reason, just modifing back and deleting changes I made was not enough.

I'm trying to figure out way now to organize by product ID so that items in dropdown are organized.

after installing johns version i took your and went into it...finally got most to work. I just got this error though:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in /var/www/html/catalog/includes/languages/english.php on line 93

here is what my line 93 looks like(actually line 93 is my modems line):

// categories box text in includes/boxes/categories.php

define('BOX_HEADING_CATEGORIES', 'Categories');

//categories for custom computer creator

define('CATEGORY_Intel_Motherboards', '27'); //category that has your intel motherboards in it

define('CATEGORY_Intel_Processors', '28'); //category that has your intel processors in it

define('CATEGORY_AMD_MotherBoard', '29'); //category that has your amd motherboards in it

define('CATEGORY_AMD_Processors', '30'); //category that has your amd processors in it

define('CATEGORY_DDR_Memory', '31'); //category that has your ddr memory in it

define('CATEGORY_Hard_Drives', '32'); //category that has your hard drives in it

define('CATEGORY_Video_Cards', '33'); //category that has your video cards in it

define('CATEGORY_Computer_Cases', '34'); //category that has your computer cases in it

define('CATEGORY_Operating_Systems', '35'); //category that has your operating system software in it

define('CATEGORY_Sound_Cards', '36'); //category that has your sound cards in it

define('CATEGORY_Modems', '37'); //category that has your modems in it

define('CATEGORY_Network_Cards', '38'); //category that has your network cards in it

define('CATEGORY_CD-ReWriters', '39'); //category that has your cd-rewriters in it

define('CATEGORY_DVD_Roms', '40'); //category that has your dvd-rom's in it

// whats_new box text in includes/boxes/whats_new.php

define('BOX_HEADING_WHATS_NEW', 'What's New?');

Ok, I have zipped and uploaded all of the new and modified files for this contribution as they are on my site. This seems to work properly on MS2.2. All of the new files are named as they should be in you catalog. The files that need to be modified according to the instructions, are there to(complete file) but they have been renamed with ".modified" at the end of their name.

I would recommend strongly that you do not simply copy over you existing files since I have many contributions installed and did not clean those extras out of any of these files.

Also the first time I looked at PHP was about 2 months ago so this were done through trial and error, as I do not truly understand the syntax, so you are all warned (they seem to work though).

I have also removed the Tax calculation and grand total. If you need them your will have to modify both build.php and java.php to add them back in.

You can download the zip from:

http://www.fastlanecomputers.ca/tmp/custom...eator_ms2.2.zip

You can also look at the running version at:

http://www.fastlanecomputers.ca/build.php

Hope this helps everyone.

ok just installed all your files and it helped me out greatly, just two things

1. should I move the original files and rename yours back to the original name or just install as is?

2. It gave me a coolmenu error with the coolmenu.php file could you send me that file via email [email protected]

overall a much easier install. thanks.

jrickard,

also got this in the admin area:

Fatal error: Failed opening required 'includes/boxes/gv_admin.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /var/www/html/catalog/admin/includes/column_left.php on line 21

I think i may be missing some files along the way it seems the gv_admin.php file and coolmenu.php file is still needed to run your files. Would you mind sending those to me at [email protected]

thanks bud. i like your site man looks and feels great to go through.

I'm not sure, but I think that gv_admin.php might be from one of the Coupon/GV (Gift Voucher) contributions. Unfortunately, I'm not familiar enough with them to tell you which one (there are several).

Hth,

Matt

ok just installed all your files and it helped me out greatly, just two things

1. should I move the original files and rename yours back to the original name or just install as is?

2. It gave me a coolmenu error with the coolmenu.php file could you send me that file via email [email protected]

The reason you are getting these errors is because I simply provided copies of my files. Coolmenu is one of the about 20 contributions I have installed in my store. To install this your best bet is to take you own files, locate the parts between "// BEGIN CHANGE CUSTOM PC CREATOR" and "// END CHANGE CUSTOM PC CREATOR" in each file. You can then copy those changes into your own files at the same location. Keep in mind that this code replaces the existing code so you will need to look at the code to figure out which line have been removed. This is normally just 2 or 3 lines.

How did you organize your RAM so that it starts from lower MB RAM and goes to higher?

I didn't OSCommece sorts by default by the name. My product name begins with the quantity "256mb" so for the most part they will end up in order, it's just a coincidence.

ok got everything cookin pretty well now.......just one question how did you create the infobox to go to your custom build page? could you post that box or send it in to go with the contribution? thanks again for all the help.

Sorry I forgot about that part, I created an infobox called cccbuild.php for the image and placed it in /catalog/includes/boxes/

Here's the code:

<?php

/*

CCC Infobox, v 1.0 2002/12/04 by Kevin Park

osCommerce

http://www.oscommerce.com/

Copyright (c) 2000,2001 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

?>

<!-- CCC Info Box //-->

<tr>

<td>

<?php 

$info_box_contents = array(); 

$info_box_contents[] = array('align' => 'left', 

'text'  => BOX_HEADING_CCC 

); 

new infoBoxHeading($info_box_contents, false, false); 

$info_box_contents = array(); 

$info_box_contents[] = array('align' => 'center', 

'text'  => '<a href="build.php">' .  tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'buildccc.gif', BOX_INFORMATION_CCC) . '</a><br>'

);

new infoBox($info_box_contents);

?>

</td></tr>

<!-- ccc_eof //-->

Added this code to /catalog/includes/languages/english.php :

// categories box text in includes/boxes/buildccc.php

define('BOX_HEADING_CCC', 'Build-Your-Own Computer Designer');

define('BOX_INFORMATION_CCC', 'Build-Your-Own Custom Built Computers');

and added this code to /catalog/includes/column_right.php

include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'buildccc.php');

I then created a picture for the box in Photoshop, called it buildccc.gif and uploaded it to /catalog/images.

Hope that helps.

There seems to be a big browser issue with the java script on any Mozilla/Netscape , opera browser version. Works out of the box with IE. Does anyone have any updates or alternatives to the existing java.php?

I am going to replace this with some simpler java which worked at one point but I "lost" my backups and everything:

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">

function ChangePrice(listid,inputid,price,bprice)

{

dp=0;

pd=0;

p=listid.options[listid.selectedIndex].value.split("@");

inputid.value = p[0];

for(i=0;i<document.upgrade.elements.length;i++)

{

if (document.upgrade.elements[i].type=="select-one")

{

p=document.upgrade.elements[i].options[document.upgrade.elements[i].selectedIndex].value.split("@");

if (p[1])

{

pd += eval(p[0]);

}

}

}

price.value = (Math.round((eval(dp) + eval(pd))*100))/100+bprice;

}

</SCRIPT>

I've taken this from a previous build where I simply used the sku as listid, inputid as product name, the price and updated price.

This script snippet is simply called with an onchange in the forms:

<?php

$ds = "ds".$dbpog->f("pog_id");

$pd = "pd".$dbpog->f("pog_id");

?>

<select onChange="ChangePrice(<?php echo $ds; ?>,<?php echo $pd; ?>,tprice,<?php echo $price["product_$

$ds; ?>" size="1">

ofcourse the above has to be changed to this contribs vars etc etc. Can anyone help with this?

This mod never really interested me but after having a read through the thread I got thinking.

Does this mod (or any other similar mod) take into account compatability between products?

Ie. If someone selects an AMD motherboard and then select an INTEL chip are they told that the two products don't go together? If so when are they told (I didn;t want to play around with the fastlane shop as I wasn't sure if it was live or not).

The reason i ask is that , while I don't sell computers (or computer parts) i have a need to have certain products (to be solder with certain other products) basically it would vreate a relationship between products (and attributes)

Just wondering what peoples thoughts on this was?

• 1 month later...

actually for the computers end of things......

If ya don't know what you are doing with computers enough to tell the difference between a amd or intel mobo and the relation to a processor ..... ya prob shouldn't be customizing a pc to begin with by yourself. Much like my store, in a round about way, suggests give us a call and we can help you customize one to your liking. Mostly I see the custom build area as something for people that have some sort of sence to pick a mobo that has an "AMD" or "Pentium" at the begining and also pick a processor that corresponds to "AMD" or "Pentium".

I can understand though that for some other shops having some sort of code that helps tie products together would be helpful. :P :D