• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Custom P C Creator v1 Released!!!!!

it would be cool to add this property to custom pc creator:

when you create a category like motherboard you must be able to grab components from more than one category.

a more advanced one: when you select a certain type of processor let the user select a motherboard from a certain category.

thanks.

zam

Serban Ghita - my blog

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I installed this version (kjun) and worked right out of the box (I installed it on a clean loaded 5)   One question I have.... Once you get the email saying you have a new order... it doesnt tell you what to build!!  

It just says 1 custom computer!!!

For this to work properly you need to add the changes as documented (confusingly) in the original document from stephen walker. This document is included with my custom PC Creator, so you should be able to add them without too much trouble, I'll try to make it easier to understand and update my contribution with an improved readme when i get chance

Thanks for pointing this out tails

I did the modifications like the instructions told me to. Now when I go to the order confirmation page it gives me a Parse error: parse error, unexpected $ in /www/d/digx55/htdocs/catalog/checkout_confirmation.php on line 375

This is the code that is causing this (and i know for a fact it's this code cuz I tried getting the $ signs out and it won't give me that error but a worse one.)

for ($i=0; $i<sizeof($order->products); $i++) {

if ($order->products[$i]['name'] == "Custom Built Computer"){

$desc_query == tep_db_query("select products_description from products_description where products_id ='" . $order->products[$i]['id'] . "'");

$desc = tep_db_fetch_array(desc_query);

echo '          <tr>' . "n" .

'            <td class="main" align="right" valign="top" width="30">' . $order->products[$i]['qty'] . ' x</td>' . "n" .

'            <td class="main" valign="top">' . $order->products[$i]['name'] . '<small><i>' . $desc('products_description') . '</i></small>';

}else{

echo '          <tr>' . "n" .

'            <td class="main" align="right" valign="top" width="30">' . $order->products[$i]['qty'] . ' x</td>' . "n" .

'            <td class="main" valign="top">' . $order->products[$i]['name'];

}

[/b]

Please help, need this URGENT!

digx55

Such a simple signature, yet original

Hi,

Does anyone have this working where I can take a look at it?

I would really like to see it in operation, and perhaps test it for you, and report back.

I did a simple one on my web site. Just to add products.

BG

Making the internet community better. Knowledge is power.

Greetings,

Did any of you check why the mod grap the original price even if the product was on sale. For example, if a monitor was on sale the mod will just list its original price not the special one.

If you got this fixed would you mind let us know how ? Also, where in the code we can modify the sub total, tax and total information. I want to postpone this process until the customer checkout the custom system. Usually, customers start building the system and then if interested they go ahead and check it out. So, calculating the taxes and order total would be redundant if done twice(personal opinion).

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

to explain a bit more...when i click on the "ADD TO CART" button ..it takes me to the shopping_cart.php page where it says

"Your Shopping Cart is empty!"

so for some reason it dont connect to the shopping cart at all...could someone help me

• 1 month later...
to explain a bit more...when i click on the "ADD TO CART" button ..it takes me to the shopping_cart.php page where it says

"Your Shopping Cart is empty!"

so for some reason it dont connect to the shopping cart at all...could someone help me

I'm getting exactly the same - "Your Shopping Cart is empty!"

Please can someone help me... Urgent requirement (as usual, but this is!)

Cheers

Simon.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok several problems

First: I have Oscommerce MS2. Installation works like a charm, except that you have to change one tep_array somewhere. But I got several problems.

I also would like to let the customers choice between AMD and Intel system. I say some guys emailing eachother about it, isn't it more concenient to post the code/solution here?

I tried to change sentences/words, but it doesn't seem to stick. e.g. I removed the arkansas statement in /build.php and includes/functions/custom_computer.php, but nothing changes. Am I thinking wrong? Because when I upload the files, refresh they don't show.

Could it be that somewhere in the file it refers to /catalog/build.php while I am uploading and using catalog2/build.php?

How do you make hidden catagories. There is a contibution called Hidden Products v1.0. I try to install that, see of it works with custom PC creator and post it here.

I got checkout problems to, I reckon it has to do with not applying changes stated in the other readme file called

original ccc documentation.txt

The problem with my shopping cart is, that it shows the price, but no product. Also no order entered into admin-panel

I would like to remove the radio buttons with extended warranty and building cost. Where should I look

Can I set Custom PC Creator up so that the prices are shown after the products in the selection drop-down menu.

e.g. mem 256 mb EUR 54

I think alot of people want this to have this to

Thanks in for your work Kjun, and thanks in advance to the person(s) who help me.

I got checkout problems to, I reckon it has to do with not applying changes stated in the other readme file called

original ccc documentation.txt

The problem with my shopping cart is, that it shows the price, but no product. Also no order entered into admin-panel

I tried to fill in the all the changes, sorry I don't want to be a prick but what a crappy .txt, especially for newbies.

I cannot find

/includes/modules/order_details.php

MS2 doesn't have it or is renamed/replaced

Also I didn't do:

if you have an error with tep_parse_input_data put this into your includes/functions/Html_Output.php

because I had an tep_parse error in admin and removed and now it's ok. I am not sure I should add this anyway.

This contribution is not really ms2 compatible

Parse error: parse error, unexpected $ in /home/httpd/vhosts/compusite.nl/httpdocs/catalog2/checkout_confirmation.php on line 392

Very strange because there is no line 392

this is line 392

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php'); ?>

:?

woekiewoekie: How did you get rid of the tep_parse error?

Has anyone figured out where to put the code for order_details.php which no longer exists in MS2?

Other than these two things I believe that everything should work so I eagerly await any help that others more knowledgeable than I can provide.

Well when you see the error it reffers to a file in the admin folder, open this file with an editor-programm (I use winsyntax)

go to the line mentioned and you see in this line "tep_array_blablabla"

Remove "tep_" so it says "array_blablabla"

Save and upload file to folder and refresh

• 2 weeks later...

I've been playing around with PC Computer Creator for some time now but can't figure out how stuff is organized. When I add products in OSC, some of them pop up in build.php and some don't. I edited the categories for product to have same ccc_id or ccc_category # so that products will popup in right places. However, it isn't working. I can' t seem to organize anything!! Anyone else figured this out yet?

Ok, I am starting to get stuff organized now. I have to edit stuff in database to put items in their proper place.

Also in the pulldown menus, does anyone know if Product Attributes Sorter will work to sort out arrangement within pulldown menu? I need to organize pulldown menus.

I also want to create like 2 or 3 different systems. I don't want all the options on page to be the same. I want to hide some of the pulldown menus for certain systems and am not sure how to do this. Anyone done this before?

Well, by modifying build.php, I have eliminated some things such as the option to build your own PC.

I then played around a little and added entry to ccc database and that new category popped right up in build.php.

When looking in build.php I notice motherboard entry and other stuff. I'm wondering how I can delete categories in file, but when I add item to database, it pops up right away without me having to enter anything into file.

I'm trying to figure out best way of having 2 or 3 different systems with different pricing for each and different categories. I'm thinking I could add more items to ccc database and maybe make different php pages for each one. Or, maybe if I create 3 separate databases for each one. Not sure yet.

I managed to solve the problem of setting the order of attributes by adding "Order by ccc_id" to the end of each database query.

$grab = tep_db_query("SELECT ccc_cname FROM ccc");

becomes

$grab = tep_db_query("SELECT ccc_cname FROM ccc Order BY ccc_id");

You need to change this for each $grab statement;

There are 3 instances in /catalog/build.php,

3 in instances /catalog/custom_checkout.php,

1 instance in /catalog/jave.php,and

2 instances in /catalog/includes/functions/custom_computer.php

Once you have done this the order will be determined by the ccc_id field for each category name.

Hope that helps.

Ok I found another potential problem here. As released, Custom PC Creator will show items that are disabled in the product Catalog allowing your customers to order these items as part of a system.

Here is the fix:

Around Line 40 of /catalog/includes/functions/custom_computer.php change..

this:

$mb1=tep_db_query("select products_to_categories.products_id, categories_id, products_price, products_image, products_model, products_name, products_description from products_to_categories, products_description, products where products.products_id = products_to_categories.products_id AND products_description.products_id = products_to_categories.products_id AND categories_id = " . $temp_id[$i] . " AND products_price != 0 order by products_name");

To this:

$mb1=tep_db_query("select products_to_categories.products_id, categories_id, products_price, products_image, products_model, products_name, products_description from products_to_categories, products_description, products where products.products_id = products_to_categories.products_id AND products_description.products_id = products_to_categories.products_id AND categories_id = " . $temp_id[$i] . " AND products_price != 0 AND products_status = '1' order by products_name");

Now disabled items will not appear in your drop down lists.

I also created new ccc table and called it cccu. I renamed all the stuff inside from ccc to cccu. I cannot browse database, though. Also, for some reason I now get duplicate pulldown menus in build.php. I thought that since I renamed everything it wouldn't pull from that database unless I rename stuff in build.php file.

I have recently installed this contribution got most of it to work too. amazing for me....new to php and all. Anyway I have a wierd problem that popped up . My header now shows my index.php file coding and then changed my index.php file to html. Is there a way to fix this or have I just done something wrong?