• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Custom P C Creator v1 Released!!!!!

Just released this as referenced in my previous post in the 'Custom Computer Creator 7' thread.

This is basically the same idea, but much easier to customise to your needs, feedback please 8)

And if anyone is interested in making a donation, thats always appreciated too :lol:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps I'm a moron and I don't want to cross post, but I'm new at this and I've spent several hours reading over posts in here and can't find what I need... I loaded the PC Configurer after many failed attempts to get the original CCC to work and am having the same problem... In my admin I only have the ability to change the category number... Is there something I'm missing?? How do you actually put products to the categorys?? How do you get the whole thing out into the catalog??

Keep in mind I'm new to both PHP and osCommerce... I thought I would give something besides Microsoft a whirl, but I feel like a turtle in peanut butter... Can someone help a new convert feel welcome??

I havent used this since way back...

But as far as I remember there was an english file that you set the category number in, and it linked that to the db and picked up your products.

Obviusly this has to match your products existing categories, so make sure you have some categories and products on your site first.

CC.

This part of the code works the same as the original version, basically, You create your products for the creator as normal OSC products, creating a category for each of the categories in the list. Then you give each category an id within admin that matches the relevant product category id from OSC

I hope that explains it, if you still have trouble Lloyd drop me another email and i'll try to guide you through it better.

:)

Chris - It works great except the following need to be done:

1) Get it not to show in best sellers etc...

2) Add required fields...

3) Only allow the CCC ID (In My Case) 1 and 2 / 3 and 4. To disable the mix up of amd/intel...

Otherwise, it is good - saved me a lot of time!!

PS - Do you want me to upload my version?

Warren, I believe the things that you asked about were mentioned in the readme.txt of my package, I personally dont need those functions, and atm the immediate focus for me is to get my employers site live

However, I hope to have the time to either add these things later, or maybe some one else will take my code and add them, there is probably only a little bit of work required for that

cheers for the feedback though anyway :)

Hi Kjun,

I have just installed your contribution and ran into a problem that maybe you can help me with. It seems that the SubTotal, Tax and Total prices are not calculated when a product is added to the configurator. Also, I was wondering if there is a way to enable and disable certain categories from appearing in the build list.

Thanks,

David

Hello,

please help me!

i just have installed the Custom Computer Creator, :D

it works very fine, :lol:

but how can i make, that the default value in each DropDown "Please Select" is selected, :?:

at the moment is always the last product from the dropdown selected...

you can see it on http://www.techway.de/shop/build.php

Thanks for Your Help!

Hi Stephen,

I was looking at your website and it looks cool. I was wondering if you installed "kjun" computer creator contribution? I noticed that you have split the build into an "AMD" and "Intel" configurator. I was wondering if you can email me the files so that I can installed in onto my computer?

Thanks,

StrictlyPC

[email protected]

Hey,

i just have found the reason for these effect:

you have to comment the Line 612 at the includes/functions/custom_computer.php

like this:

//   $field .= ' SELECTED';

thanx  

steve

Yes Steve, are you usin the KJUN custom computer?

Thanks,

Warren

hi,

im sorry but i do not follow how to install this. You use the original pc creator but that just says u will notice the changes. i run a current snapshot and can someone please help me. like make it instructions like replace this .... with this..... So i actually know what i am replacing.

thanks

kristofor

Don't die with the music in you!!!

Failure is just another boundary to sucess!!! But that doesn't mean your getting somewhere...

Steve,

Can you send the files to me [email protected] i did not

get an email the first time "Thanks" :)

Kristofor,

I am using the load 5 from http://www.phesis.co.uk and all i did was place the files in the folders that the came form after unziping and changed one file "Can not remeber which one" in the admin so that I could edit it in the admin and then add the sql.

"can not remeber which one" : place the ccc on the left side of the admin panel by adding a line.

To add more categories add more in the sql follow the other ones

for examples.

Then go to http://www.yoursite.com/"path to:"/catalog/build.php

Hope this helps,

Jason

would this be different if we arent using loaded 5. I didnt go for hat because it sometimes has trouble with adding mods, and isnt quite what i am looking for. The original files are not that hard to follow. im just not sure what to replace the code with. Thats all.

thanks anyway

kristofor

Failure is just another boundary to sucess!!! But that doesn't mean your getting somewhere...

Kjun,

How many change would have to be made to run 2 ccc on the same oscommerce or would that even work. One for intel and one amd.

any insight would great

jason

Ok I installed this version (kjun) and worked right out of the box (I installed it on a clean loaded 5) One question I have.... Once you get the email saying you have a new order... it doesnt tell you what to build!!

It just says 1 custom computer!!!

hi, can someone actually make a proper installation instructions for this, it says around line ... u will notice the changes, i cant follow what i am ment to change, in everything.

can someone help me???

thanks