• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Finally complete enough to show the public

dreamscape

Hello all,

Finally I have my new site finished enough to show to the OSC community. I've been working hard, and I know it's not *quite* finished yet. We are going live next weekend, so between now and then I will be adding the rest of our products in and cleaning up any odds and ends that I've missed.

Really did alot of work on this one... stripping out alot of OSC's "extra" features, adding in some of my own, and so forth to make the site operate very smoothly.

Please feel free to look around and try things out. I have a test account set up for anyone who would like to use it:

login: [email protected]

pass: tester

http://www.madmacgames.com

Thank you all for your time.

The only thing necessary for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing

- Edmund Burke

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nice job 8)

nice layout, great colors, love your info boxes

been trying to create a header like yours... no luck so far.... :cry:

but overall its a cool looking site 8)

whats the contribution that puts the login and new acct create on the same page - I have seen a few people using it... :?

Don't know if this is what you are looking for, but...

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=31021

From stuff in that thread, I was able to make it so that if you click on create an account, you don't see the login boxes, but if you go to the checkout and you are not logged it, you will see the login boxes and the create account boxes on the same page. :)

V nice. Good work. Stuff to think about:

Shopping Cart - why have it showing if it's empty ?

Categories - I always like this above the "fold" in the page

checkout_shipping.php - if chosen to pay by Check/MO, there is no name to make it payable to.

Excellent info on the Product Pages - when I'm buying I like to read, then read some more. Then maybe buy...so yours is good.

I like your Print Order page. Is that something you've coded up yourself ?

Overall, very very nice. My main concern would be load time for 56k ?

V nice.  Good work.  Stuff to think about:

Categories - I always like this above the "fold" in the page

checkout_shipping.php - if chosen to pay by Check/MO, there is no name to make it payable to.

Excellent info on the Product Pages - when I'm buying I like to read, then read some more.  Then maybe buy...so yours is good.

I like your Print Order page.  Is that something you've coded up yourself ?

Overall, very very nice.  My main concern would be load time for 56k ?

thanks for the comments burt... when the site goes live, we will not be accepting Check/MO. its just turned on right now to enable testing the checkout and such.

the print order page was originally the "Print Receipt" contribution, and then I changed the layout to my liking, and also put a link to it on the checkout success page.

- Edmund Burke

that's a good question burt, the more I think about it...

yes it makes sense to me know... I've changed the cart info box to show if there is something in the cart or if the user is logged in... thanks for the suggestion.

- Edmund Burke

Hey I just went and checked things out... not sure if it's just my connection over to you or not but things were loading *VERY* slow (Images)

I'm pulling though a full oc48 here on a sunday...

Nice layout, colors and everything :)

Beautiful site. I too prefer to have the category links above the fold, but your layout is clean and very nice to look at.

The one problem that I came across is that the table seems to breakdown and spread out when I'm logged on and I go to the "My Profile" page.

It happens on my PC in both IE 6.0 and Netscape 7.0

mark

Looking good. I think you have managed to capture the Mac look and feel without making a direct copy of it, well done.

The one problem that I came across is that the table seems to breakdown and spread out when I'm logged on and I go to the "My Profile" page.

It happens on my PC in both IE 6.0 and Netscape 7.0

mark

thanks mark... was a problem with the table when no purchases had been made... I've been testing on my own account which I've made some test purchases on, so I didn't catch it..

thanks for pointing it out... should be fixed now.

- Edmund Burke

i got this error just not

1016 - Can't open file: 'whos_online.MYI'. (errno: 145)

delete from whos_online where time_last_click < '1049668951'

[TEP STOP]

yes phpmyadmin ran an automatic update and some people were on the site at the time, thus corrupting that table.

luckily it happened to a friend just minutes before it happened to me and I pulled the structure of the whos_online table to send to him so he could get his back up... then it happened to me a few minutes later... lol

- Edmund Burke

also your shopping cart (which is not suppose to show when empty) appears back once you add product and remove from the cart

Example: when i loaded the site, shopping cart was not visible. as soon as i added product it appeared in the left column, but when i removed the product from the cart, it didnt disappear

am i making sens?

yes u are but I am not getting this problem...

are u logged in? the shopping cart box shows if u are logged in whether its empty or not...

- Edmund Burke

Hello dreamscape, you site is really really cool, I really love it, by the way, can you help me, I would like to know which mod have you used for the screensshot in product detail page, I searched out the site, but can't find any related.

I have built my own mod (inspired by MoPics) to show the screenshots...

at the request of some I have controibuted it... many u just missed that thread:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1114

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=39300

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=39306

P.S... if a few mac users could just be sure the site loads and look OK on their macs, I'd appriciate it.

- Edmund Burke

Archived