• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Convert a magento extension to oscommerce addon

mascharanas

I have an already developed Magento shipping module extension. I would like to replicate that same feature into oscommerce add-on. 

How should I go about it? 

Is there an easier way to convert it, considering the magento extension code is quite complex?

Atleast, I need to know where to start from.

The code is quite different, so you would probably just have to start over. First, though, go search the Addons section to see if we already have one. What is the shipping module?

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

International Shipping Extension

I haven't started it yet because that is something which is expected in near future from me. But so far based on my research, I believe I will need to start it from the scratch after going through the basics of developing the oscommerce modules/extensions.

Afterwards we would be able to integrate this module with the clients oscommerce sites aswell. Currently this international shipping extension is integrated in lots of Magento websites online.

Edited by burt
removal of links to two shops. Spam in other words.

• 4 years later...

The source codes of Magento and osCommerce are quite different, it is true, so if you really need a similar Magento module for osCommerce, I believe you will need to rely on custom development 

Edited by DannisF

• 4 months later...

Hi, I've been with Magento for a year and I'm fed up. I want to look for an alternative to migrate everything to another CMS, and from what I see it is relatively easy to move from Magento to osCommerce.

Any advice to keep in mind?

Thank you very much!

Edited by burt

4 hours ago, ArchieJ said:

Hi, I've been with Magento for a year and I'm fed up.

I'm hearing this more and more. The main problem you will have is with the database conversion, if you need to keep your current customers, orders and products. Once the database is working, then you just need to make sure whatever options you have in your Magento shop are in the oscommerce one. There won't be direct replacements but you should be able to find something close, though some older addons will need to be converted.

As for the oscommerce shop, be sure to use the Phoenix version of you will waste a lot of time.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

4 hours ago, ArchieJ said:

Any advice to keep in mind?

Yup...make sure you start out with the right version of the osC software. 

Dan