• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Upcoming Changes

@@RaVlaNa

Henry is working on this and while I don't know what features he will be including I'm sure he'll see your input here.  Just to clarify do you want the ability to add an image beside attribute list, that perhaps changes as the attributed selected changes, or did you want the various images to show beside the attribute list regardless of whether an attribute is selected or not...or something other than those?

Dan

To be quite honest, I would like a change of picture when you change the attribute through the drop-down list.

That would look extremely good

Thank you.

to me.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I notice that people are trying to improve the attributes that come in the core file. has anyone considered adding stock control to this area. That is the one area that has always stopped me using attributes for many products. Before anyone says Yes I do know there are addons available to achieve this, but everyone I tried to add, always messes with another price addon which was more important.

It would improve the attributes setup immensely.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

I notice that people are trying to improve the attributes that come in the core file. has anyone considered adding stock control to this area. That is the one area that has always stopped me using attributes for many products. Before anyone says Yes I do know there are addons available to achieve this, but everyone I tried to add, always messes with another price addon which was more important.

It would improve the attributes setup immensely.

Its request table structure changing or master products.

:blink:
osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies if this has already been discussed but I didn't find it.

I'm trying out the bootstrap front end over migrated live data and hit some layout problems; the product names vary quite a bit in length, so wrap differently. I've attached a screenshot of the new products grid at normal desktop fullish width.

I've also updated one of the products in the shopowners' store - the wrap there works ok at desktop and mobile widths but goes wrong around tablet size.

Is there a way of tackling this short of renaming products?

post-220375-0-13606500-1427196360_thumb.jpg

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Looking for a payment or shipping module? Maybe I've already done it.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

Apologies if this has already been discussed but I didn't find it.

I'm trying out the bootstrap front end over migrated live data and hit some layout problems; the product names vary quite a bit in length, so wrap differently. I've attached a screenshot of the new products grid at normal desktop fullish width.

I've also updated one of the products in the shopowners' store - the wrap there works ok at desktop and mobile widths but goes wrong around tablet size.

Is there a way of tackling this short of renaming products?

attachicon.gifbs-product-name-wrap.jpg

search the forum for threads about bootstrap and equal heights, there are solutions documented in different threads

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

search the forum for threads about bootstrap and equal heights, there are solutions documented in different threads

Thanks Carine. I'll put any future similar questions in their own thread, as I should have this time.

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

Hi all,

It looks like you guys working hard to make oscommerce look nice thats a good idea this old look is pushing ppl back.

I can add some images as well and video if needed as my wife shop is with handmade products and images are ours own, if jewelry is ok with dog food XD

I gonna updated my old 2.2rca to this new one as host stoping using php 4.2 (damn).

Let me know if thats OK or pm me then I will give link to my website then you can choose product or products then I will edit them to the correct sizes.

Regards.

@@snakelimit  You're welcome to add any products you want to. PM me and I'll give you Admin access. Put up your best products and help us make osC look good.

Also, PHP 4.2? That's really ancient. I didn't think anybody was still running that.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

I did PM you, yes I know I tried to update but was custom work and didn't work after I trying update, plus not going to pay them again for it I will jump to the new version and do it myself.

That's awesome Marek...I look forward to seeing some new items posted.   After you add them please add a brief post to the Shop-owners Bootstrap Demo thread which you'll find at...

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/407244-shop-owners-bootstrap-demo/?p=1724756

...so we can have a look.   I'm the guy posting the Aquarium Products.

Thanks in advance for helping out.

Dan 

• 3 weeks later...

2.7 product lists in category pages

Does this mean submodularisation of product_listing module? Sorry for the made-up word.

Seems like a pre-requisite for drop-in addons. Has it been discussed at all? Surprisingly, I didn't find any other mention of 'lists' in this thread. 'list' on the other hand... 

@@BrockleyJohn

John I'm not sure I understand your question (love the made up word though - are you sure it's made up?) but I think the intention is that all pages will be modularized at some point.  A question of time...

Dan

One of the next things on my list is to download this and have a play, but I guess that the modularisation that's been done for product_info would have separate little content modules for stuff like name, price, images, description, reviews (and in time, addons like cross-sell, family products, etc).

This allows you to organise things differently on the page without rewriting the code, but I guess that addons that change these things, eg. Quantity Price Breaks Per Product, would have their own little content module that eg. outputs the price differently.

Similarly, that addon affects the price display in the product listing module, and maybe there's also a desire to be able to manipulate the content within the product list view more than just turning bits of it on and off. So I was asking if that's what this item on Gary's list means.

@@BrockleyJohn

2.7 product lists in category pages

Ahhh....now I see the connection.   Not sure...he is talking the about index.php but I'm not clear on what the 2.7 reference is to.

This allows you to organise things differently on the page without rewriting the code, but I guess that addons that change these things, eg. Quantity Price Breaks Per Product, would have their own little content module that eg. outputs the price differently.

Similarly, that addon affects the price display in the product listing module, and maybe there's also a desire to be able to manipulate the content within the product list view more than just turning bits of it on and off. So I was asking if that's what this item on Gary's list means.

I'm thinking we might see some sort of price or product class that will help with these types of issues but otherwise, yes, some sort of mini content module might be necessary so you don't hae to impose your will on the core.

Dan

If submodularisation is the word for it, I'll go with that. We've had the capability in the code for some time now. Look in the Product Social Bookmarks module and you'll find that it pulls in its own set of submodules from the Social Bookmarks modules. I used the same trick to create a Resources module for the Product Info page that has a bunch of submodules for various product-related links.

Of course that's for box modules and not content modules, so there would need to be some changes, but the concept is there. I don't know what else you would use submodules for, but I'm sure somebody will come up with some.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Actually, suspect I'm jumping the gun and it means a content module for the whole lump of product listing... submodularisation for the next phase! Now I just need to find the work so far and see if I'm up to adding to it...

Archived