• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

New Live OSC site - Bowlzilla.com

Hi all,

After finding an excellent programmer to help me get all the customizations I wanted done on our site, I'm thrilled with the results and would love some feedback.

I still need to change some of the default text and OSC clipart images in places, but otherwise, it's gettin' close to done.

Feel free to browse around and such. Since the site is live though, and all we accept are credit cards, I won't be able to have you place test orders - unless you actually want some bowling equipment :lol:

http://www.Bowlzilla.com

We've used a lot of contributions from this site, made a number of modifications to those contributions, and done some of our own stuff too.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

All the best,

Laura

Hi Laura!

Long time no see! The site is looking good. You sure have put in a lot of work. Seems to function well and the load time wasn't too bad.

Just one thing.....The   in the header is missing the semicolon at the end and it's showing. (the screen shot is through Netscape 7 at 1024x768)

bowlzilla.jpg

woopsies! THANKS for finding that Kim (were you the one who'd pointed it out awhile back as well? I thought I'd fixed it back then. Oh well).

Yes, we've put a lot of work into the site. I'm awfully proud of how it's turned out, but it couldn't have happened at all without the programmer I found at Scriptlance. He's been WONDERFUL!!!!

Laura

:lol: :lol: Laura, I believe that is entirely possible.......Those kinda' things just jump out at me.......I'm a compulsive picture straightener too! :D :D

very nice looking site - my only comment would be to center the site in the window - if I have my browser window open full screen, everything is on the left side and the right side of the window is just a big white space :wink:

but other than that, very very nice!! :wink:

Very nice. The products_info page has a little too much whitespace for my liking...

Also on the dinosaur graphic in the top left, I'd have a look at what it would look like with the green background (between his back and tail) deleted out to white. That would look kinda funky.

And you desperately need new buttons! The standard blue ones are not suiting the rest of the site...

I get an insecure message on changing from NONSSL to SSL.

Some of the pages have the large grey pageheading .css and some don't...

Have a think about changing the checkout procedure to go directly to "create account" than "login"...it will increase sales.

copied from the homepage:

Welcome to Bowlzilla.com where you?ll find all the latest brand-new bowling equipment at the lowest possible prices on the web. Enjoy your visit, come back often, and let us know if there?s something you?re looking for that we don?t list on this site. Chances are we can find it for you.

the ? is a problem (assumming the char is bogus) that occures when inputing text on a form and then reading the data with php. it's visible both in phoenix (24-mar-2003) and IE that comes with winXP-Pro (no SP).

i don't know where did the text come from, but you can strip all the backslashes from the text using the next php command:

$your_destination=str_replace("", "", $your_source);

other than that, i really like the design.

cheers

avih

Bert,

Thanks for your comments. Yes, I realize the blue buttons aren't adding anything to the site. I'm going to be replacing those (and all the other standard OSC clipart) tout suite.

As for the checkout thing - I'm not sure I follow you here. Please elaborate.

White Space: Actually, a good design rule of thumb is to have as much white space as possible to give the eyes some rest. Our site testers have really appreciated the layout. As for centering the site on the page - imho, anchoring it to the left does just that: it anchors the site visually. But I do appreciate the comments. Everyone definitely has different opinions on how things should be laid out and I understand that :-)

Security: Yes, we realize there's an issue with the certificate right now. My host is working on fixing the problem. It's a bit annoying - to say the least.

Avih - thank you. Not sure why the slashes turned out that way. The interesting thing is that for the proceeding paragraphs I had to put the slashes in the text before apostrophes just as in the first paragraph, but they don't show on the page - only the first paragraph "/"s appear. I'll play with it a bit. I appreciate the solution.

Thanks everyone for your comments. Keep 'em coming!!

Laura

NIce looking site. Slow loading though :(

The wording of your FAQs answers assumes too much knowledge of the terminology, IMHO. If they need to ask those questions, they probably also don't know for example what a 'nav bar' is.

HTH

When I went to your site, I got an insecurity message. It is probably nothing, but you should either be completely secure or not at all. The only page that NEEDS security is the order form. Therefore, the security on the home page isn't really necessary. My recommendation would be to edit it so that message doesn't pop up.

Thanks. Yup, I'm working on the issue. It's rather troublesome. Worked for a few days, and then it stopped. We'll get it straightened out as quickly as possible. The homepage definitely should *not* be secure - just the login, account info and of course the checkout process. So it'll get there soon.

But thanks for visiting and giving your feedback!

Laura

The site looks great however it always makes me nervous when I have to accept security certificates to view a site for the first time.

Why do I have to accept a certificate from "comodo class 3 security services CA"?

i think it was probably not installed properly.....or the application was not complete...i also noticed the lack of harolds security proposal realized in the cvs.....hummm :sleepy:

I am just a newbee....

Everything looks great!! I also think the site would look nice centered but as you said everyone has there own opnions. One thing I know I like to see when spending money on something with visual design to it is a larger image. In fact a nice hi res large image so I can get a good look at the item. I love all your other modifications. I really like your product_info page :D It is awesome!!! Love the descriptions of the "lingo"!!! Fabulous job!!!

-Richard

-Richard

---------------------------------------------------

Where would I be without the Forums?!?!

Archived