Latest News: (loading..)

This is a Wish List Addon for osC 2.3.4 BS GOLD

based on the following addon

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8665

I didn't really "improve" the addon I just bootstrapped it and tested it with osC 2.3.4BS GOLD
I couldn't find the support topic for it if anything should arise just post here.

Download:

(*Please read BUG message further below before using this on a real shop.)

Current known bugs

BUG 1:

On my local shop (XAMPP) everything runs just fine but when I test it on a real server I have the following issue.

When you add products to the wish list and then try to update the qunatity I get this

Array ( [formid] => 0f133d9343e623936d1934485bec227e [quantity] => Array ( [28] => 1 [26{3}8] => 2 ) [wlaction] => update_qty [your_name] => [your_email] => [friend] => Array ( [0] => [1] => [2] => [3] => [4] => ) => Array ( [0] => [1] => [2] => [3] => [4] => ) [message] => )

Array ( [0] => Array ( [id] => 28 [name] => Samsung Galaxy Tab [products_status] => 1 [model] => GT-P1000 [image] => samsung/galaxy_tab.gif [price] => 749.9900 [quantity] => 1 [weight] => 1.00 [final_price] => 749.99 [tax_class_id] => 1 [attributes] => ) [1] => Array ( [id] => 26{3}8 [name] => Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer [products_status] => 1 [model] => MSIMEXP [image] => microsoft/imexplorer.gif [price] => 64.9500 [quantity] => 1 [weight] => 8.00 [final_price] => 64.95 [tax_class_id] => 1 [attributes] => Array ( [3] => 8 ) [3] => Array ( [products_options_name] => Model [options_values_id] => 8 [products_options_values_name] => PS/2 [options_values_price] => 0.0000 [price_prefix] => + ) ) )

I have no clue why and how. There is no error message or number. Something is not working properly with the update function.

Again this happens only on my real server. On my local server everything runs just fine.

BUG 2:

This is not really a big issue (IMO) but there is a redirect function that can be switched on or off in the admin.

This redirect "should" do the following; when a customer adds a product to the wish list he's supposed to be redirected back to the product_info.php. That doesn't happen.

For me that is not a big issue but others might find this annoying. One solution would be to remove that setting from the admin area.

If anyone could take a look at it I would appreciate it. Thanks.

When you ask for help/support:

• Always state your osCommerce version
  • If possible, list up installed add-ons
  • 3rd party templates are not supported in the forum

Latest osC: osCommerce CE (Community Edition aka. v2.3.4.1 Frozen)

UPDATE:

OK Bug 2 is not a bug per se. The explanation in the admin area is a bit confusing.

I changed it to say the following;

Display Wish List After Adding Product

Display the Wish List after adding a product (or stay on product_info.php)

in catalog/application_top.php find

if (WISHLIST_REDIRECT ==  'Yes') tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id']));

change to

if (WISHLIST_REDIRECT ==  'No') tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id']));

the SQL should be changed to

INSERT INTO configuration_group ( configuration_group_id , configuration_group_title , configuration_group_description , sort_order , visible ) VALUES ( '12954', 'Wish List Settings', 'Settings for your Wish List', '25', '1' );
INSERT INTO configuration ( configuration_id , configuration_title , configuration_key , configuration_value , configuration_description , configuration_group_id , sort_order , last_modified , date_added , use_function , set_function ) VALUES ( '', 'Max Wish List', 'MAX_DISPLAY_WISHLIST_PRODUCTS', '10', 'How many wish list items to show per page on the main wishlist page', '12954', '', now(), now(), NULL , NULL );
INSERT INTO configuration ( configuration_id , configuration_title , configuration_key , configuration_value , configuration_description , configuration_group_id , sort_order , last_modified , date_added , use_function , set_function ) VALUES ( '', 'Max Wish List Box', 'MAX_DISPLAY_WISHLIST_BOX', '4', 'How many wish list items to display in the infobox before it changes to a counter', '12954', '', now(), now(), NULL , NULL );
INSERT INTO configuration ( configuration_id , configuration_title , configuration_key , configuration_value , configuration_description , configuration_group_id , sort_order , last_modified , date_added , use_function , set_function ) VALUES ( '', 'Display Emails', 'DISPLAY_WISHLIST_EMAILS', '5', 'How many emails to display when the customer emails their wish list link', '12954', '', now(), now(), NULL , NULL );
INSERT INTO configuration ( configuration_id , configuration_title , configuration_key , configuration_value , configuration_description , configuration_group_id , sort_order , last_modified , date_added , use_function , set_function ) VALUES ( '', 'Display Wish List After Adding Product', 'WISHLIST_REDIRECT', 'Yes', 'Display the Wish List after adding a product (or stay on product_info.php page)', '12954', '', now(), now(), NULL , 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'Yes\', \'No\'),' );

If you don't want to run the SQL again just search for WISHLIST_REDIRECT and edit the text to the above and change "No" to "Yes".

That should now take care of "BUG 2".

Edited by Tsimi

Regarding BUG 1:

Here is the update code part just in case someone wants to take a look at it without downloading the package.

/*******************************************************************
****************** UPDATE WISH LIST QUANTITY ***********************
*******************************************************************/

if (isset($_POST['wlaction']) && $_POST['wlaction'] == 'update_qty') {
	  for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($products); $i<$n; $i++) {
		 	if (isset($_POST['quantity'][$products[$i]['id']]) && is_numeric($_POST['quantity'][$products[$i]['id']])) {
				$qty = (int)$_POST['quantity'][$products[$i]['id']];
				if ($qty < 1) { // remove if quantity is 0 or less
		      $wishList->remove($products[$i]['id']);
				} elseif ($qty != $products[$i]['quantity']) { // update if quantity has changed
				  $wishList->update_quantity($products[$i]['id'], $qty, $products[$i]['attributes']);
				}
			}
		} print_r($_POST); echo '<br><br><br><br>'; print_r($products);
		tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_WISHLIST, $pg)); // reload updated wish list
	}

and further above is this code

$pg = (isset($_GET['page']) ? 'page=' . $_GET['page'] : '');
Edited by Tsimi

UPDATE:

I think i solved BUG 1 or at least I know now why it is showing the array stuff that i posted above.

in the wishlist.php is the following code

print_r($_POST); echo '<br><br><br><br>'; print_r($products);

deactivating that like this

//print_r($_POST); echo '<br><br><br><br>'; print_r($products);

solves the issue and I can update the products quantity.

I just don't know how vital that piece of code is and if it is OK to deactivate or even delete.

I have tested other functions of the wish list and so far everything seems to be fine.

I will keep testing a bit more just to make sure though.

@@Tsimi I think those print_r statements were likely just there for debugging purposes so whoever put them there could see the data in the arrays.  That would be my guesss...

Dan

@@Tsimi I think those print_r statements were likely just there for debugging purposes so whoever put them there could see the data in the arrays.  That would be my guesss...

Dan

@@Dan Cole

Hi Dan

Thanks for the input. :thumbsup:

Yeah I think so too. Did more research on that print_r matter and it seems like this is mostly used to debbug or test code.

Probably forgotten by the previous coder. I didn't delete it just deactivated it with // just in case.

I tested all functions that I can think of and the wish list works just fine on my local and real server now.

I repacked everything and uploaded it to the addons area. This includes the bug fix 1 and 2 and small adjustments to the wishlist.php code.

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8665

Edited by Tsimi

I installed your package and works fine except when customer has items in wish list and logged in.

When add 1 item to cart and return it doesn't show the other items and say for item is added to chat "NO longer is available and item is in chart"

I will try to find the problem but any help will be appreciated.

images attached to understand better.

post-243534-0-47415000-1423524072_thumb.jpg

post-243534-0-88744600-1423524081_thumb.jpg

Which package did you download and install? The package from the addons area or the one posted in the first post here?

Did you download the Bootstrap version?

The reason i ask is in your image the pagination is not bootstrapped.

I have the same issue in one of my test shops. I have a custom mini shopping cart inside the header and the wishlist addon recognizes that and does the same thing as in your case.

Edited by Tsimi

Another thought, do you have the shopping cart box installed in the left or right column?

If yes try to deactivate the box once and see if that solves the issue.

I just message (IMed) you the shop that I am working with. You can create an account or check it out.

I have a custom mini shopping cart inside the header

That will be probably the reason why the wishlist shows that message.

I am working on a workaround but i am not done yet. As soon i get back at the office today i will see what i can do.

for your info, my site is bootstrapped but not GOLD.

That doesn't matter as long it is a Bootstrap version.

That will be probably the reason why the wishlist shows that message.

I am working on a workaround but i am not done yet. As soon i get back at the office today i will see what i can do.

Thank you so much. I am trying to find if there is something i can change. If I find any I will share with you.

@@Tsimi

Hi Lambros

Just added your wishlist (well done) to my site and get the following message when uploaded SQL

Error

SQL query:

INSERT INTO configuration( configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function )
VALUES (

'', 'Max Wish List Box', 'MAX_DISPLAY_WISHLIST_BOX', '4', 'How many wish list items to display in the infobox before it changes to a counter', '12954', '', now( ) , now( ) , NULL , NULL

);

MySQL said: dot.gif

#1062 - Duplicate entry '0' for key 'PRIMARY'

Do I need to do anything or should everything be OK.

Many thanks

John

Edited by grandpaj

@@grandpaj

Hi John

Try to run the SQLs separately.

Make sure you got the customer_wishlist and customer_wishlist_attributes table already.

Go to your configuration_group table and look if there is a new field with the configuration_group_id 12954.

If yes then leave it as is and check your configuration table for anything that has been added today and contains the word WISH.

Delete those fields and run the following SQL

INSERT INTO configuration ( configuration_id , configuration_title , configuration_key , configuration_value , configuration_description , configuration_group_id , sort_order , last_modified , date_added , use_function , set_function ) VALUES ( '', 'Max Wish List', 'MAX_DISPLAY_WISHLIST_PRODUCTS', '10', 'How many wish list items to show per page on the main wishlist page', '12954', '', now(), now(), NULL , NULL );
INSERT INTO configuration ( configuration_id , configuration_title , configuration_key , configuration_value , configuration_description , configuration_group_id , sort_order , last_modified , date_added , use_function , set_function ) VALUES ( '', 'Max Wish List Box', 'MAX_DISPLAY_WISHLIST_BOX', '4', 'How many wish list items to display in the infobox before it changes to a counter', '12954', '', now(), now(), NULL , NULL );
INSERT INTO configuration ( configuration_id , configuration_title , configuration_key , configuration_value , configuration_description , configuration_group_id , sort_order , last_modified , date_added , use_function , set_function ) VALUES ( '', 'Display Emails', 'DISPLAY_WISHLIST_EMAILS', '5', 'How many emails to display when the customer emails their wish list link', '12954', '', now(), now(), NULL , NULL );
INSERT INTO configuration ( configuration_id , configuration_title , configuration_key , configuration_value , configuration_description , configuration_group_id , sort_order , last_modified , date_added , use_function , set_function ) VALUES ( '', 'Display Wish List After Adding Product', 'WISHLIST_REDIRECT', 'Yes', 'Display the Wish List after adding a product (or stay on product_info.php page)', '12954', '', now(), now(), NULL , 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'Yes\', \'No\'),' );

@@Tsimi

Hi Lambros

Thanks for your reply. Here's what Ive got.

0  Max Wish List  MAX_DISPLAY_WISHLIST_PRODUCTS  10 How many wish list items to show per page on the m...  12954  0  2015-02-10 16:28:02  2015-02-10 16:28:02  NULL NULL
  Installed Modules  MODULE_ACTION_RECORDER_INSTALLED  ar_admin_login.php;ar_contact_us.php;ar_reset_pass... List of action recorder module filenames separated...  6  0  2015-01-29 10:03:33  2014-12-31 14:21:35  NULL NULL
    697  Enable Wish List Box Module  MODULE_BOXES_WISHLIST_STATUS  True Do you want to add the module to your shop?  6  1  NULL 2015-02-10 16:28:40  NULL tep_cfg_select_option(array('True', 'False'),
  698  Content Placement  MODULE_BOXES_WISHLIST_CONTENT_PLACEMENT  Left Column Should the module be loaded in the left or right c...  6  1  NULL 2015-02-10 16:28:40  NULL tep_cfg_select_option(array('Left Column', 'Right ...
  699  Sort Order  MODULE_BOXES_WISHLIST_SORT_ORDER  5000 Sort order of display. Lowest is displayed first.  6  0  NULL 2015-02-10 16:28:40  NULL NULL
 700  Minimum Minutes Per E-Mail  MODULE_ACTION_RECORDER_WISH_LIST_EMAIL_MINUTES

This whats in the SQL Config.

Should I leave or delete and use the code you posted above.

Love the addon.

Cheers

John

Edited by grandpaj

Remove/Drop only the MAX_DISPLAY_WISHLIST_PRODUCTS field and re-run the SQL i posted above.

Edited by Tsimi

@@Tsimi

Hi Lambros

All seems to be good now. No red "panels" after upload.

Just a thought, would it be possible to place the Wish List box in the Footer.

Cheers

John

You mean the whole contents of the box inside the footer? or just the My Wishlist link?

@@grandpaj

Here is the content module for the footer area.

Just place the files in there place and install the content footer module in the admin area Modules -> Content -> "Install Module" button

Please test this before using in a live store, i just created it quickly and didn't had time to test it thoroughly.

Download: Wishlist_Footer_Module.zip

Edited by Tsimi

Thank you so much. I am trying to find if there is something i can change. If I find any I will share with you.

@Tsimi

Have you had a chance to find any answer? I couldn't be able so far ...

@@razgre

Hi Raz

Sorry, no solution that works yet. Still trying to figure out how the wishlist is build up.

Not really sure but i think the catalog/includes/classes/wishlist.php might be the key.

The wishlist is build up in a similar if not same fashion as the shopping cart page it uses the same checking function.

example this one  ($wishList->count_contents() > 0) the shopping cart uses ($cart->count_contents() > 0) i guess the wishlist and the shopping cart cannot be called on one page otherwise we end up with the situation that we have now.

I will keep looking to find a way to get this working since it is also in my interest since i use also a mini cart inside the header.

There is a "temporary" solution though. Not beautiful but it does the trick "for now".

Inside your header.php you could change the cart icon into a button that redirects to the shopping cart if clicked.

Example;

<?php

if ($PHP_SELF == 'wishlist.php') {

echo '<a class="btn btn-block btn-lg" href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART) . '"><i class="icon-basket-1 icon-large"></i></a>';

} else {

SHOW YOUR MINI CART CODE

}

?>

That should fix it till we get a better solution.

Edited by Tsimi