• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

checkout_shipping.php

I want to add manufacturers dropdown box in checkout_shipping.php during the order my customer can select their interest manufacturer and it should be seen in admin also, please help me how to do this? Thanks !!

echo tep_draw_pull_down_menu('product_manufacturer',$product_manufacturer,tep_get_manufacturers(array(array('id'=>' ', ' text' =>TEXT_NONE))));?>

This do not send the selected value from drop down to checkout_confirmation.php.

Am working on checkout_shipping.php on which customers should select manufacturer from drop down list and the selected value should be posted on checkout_confirmation.php and finally the admin should see it under admin-orders-orders. Plz help me how to fix ?

I have created new column under the table orders_status_history which records the selected manufacturer on chechkout_shipping.php but couldn't post the result on checkout_confirmation.php and admin !!

Any help is valuable ....!!!

Hi

checkout_shipping POSTs data back to itself for further use - look towards the top of the file and you should see a bit  like ( isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['action']) && inside that loop you'd need to grab your POST variable (assuming it gets that far - the dropdown is within the <form> tags??) and do something with it.

If your going to pop it into a new column then you'll need to tell it to do that someplace and also code the new column name into the admin pages where you want to see it - I'd suggest that it may be better to pop it into the order comments?

• 2 weeks later...

please help me how to make my customer to select their manufacturer from the drop down list in checkout_shipping.php
here is the code i wrote it is working but i couldn't show the result on checkout_confirmation.php page  after the customer select it , thanks again...

in checkout_shipping.php

$column_name = array(array('id' => '', 'text' => TEXT_NONE)) ;
    $manufacturers_query = tep_db_query("select manufacturers_id, manufacturers_name from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " order by manufacturers_name");
    while ($manufacturers = tep_db_fetch_array($manufacturers_query)) {
      $column_name[] = array('id' => $manufacturers['manufacturers_id'],
                                     'text' => $manufacturers['manufacturers_name']);
    }

this is a duplicate of your checkout_shipping topic, same issue - I think you need a professional to solve it

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

i have created a field(column_name) in order_status_history database table and the following is  the code  in checkout_shipping.php , this  works for me and i can see the drop down list of manufacturers in checkout_shipping.php but my problem is i couldn't make to transfer the selected value to checkout_payment.php and checkout_confirmation.php. pages any help is valuable ...!!!

here is a code....

in checkout_shipping.php

$column_name = array(array('id' => '', 'text' => TEXT_NONE)) ;
$manufacturers_query = tep_db_query("select manufacturers_id, manufacturers_name from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " order by manufacturers_name");
while ($manufacturers = tep_db_fetch_array($manufacturers_query)) {
$column_name[] = array('id' => $manufacturers['manufacturers_id'],
'text' => $manufacturers['manufacturers_name']);
}
<div class="contentText">
<div class="alert alert-info"><?php echo TEXT_PRODUCTS_MANUFACTURER; ?></div>
      <div class="form-group">
      <label for="chest" class="control-label col-xs-3"><?php echo TEXT_PRODUCTS_MANUFACTURER; ?></label>
      <div class="col-xs-3">
<td class="fieldValue"><?php echo tep_draw_pull_down_menu('column_name',$column_name , tep_get_manufacturers(array(array('id' => '', 'text' => TEXT_NONE)))); ?></td>
  </div>
    </div>
     </div>

So...these threads:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/399588-manufacturers/

and

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/399707-checkout-confirmationphp/

and

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/399941-manufacturers/

What is the point in making 4 threads each of which discusses the exact same thing ?  

1.  Other people who have helped in those threads are now thinking WTF ?

2.  Moderators and Admins are thinking WTF ?

Get a grip on yourself.  Ask one time, do not start new threads on the same thing.  

If you get no response, or a response you do not understand, reply to it, giving more info.

I will merge all these rubbish threads later.

Archived