• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

attribute sorter and copier v5.1

:D

Looking forward to the goodies... ;)

Me too, frankly. 8)

I want to get this done and out the door as soon as the testing is done.

So many things on the To Do List ... so little time ... :wink:

Me too, frankly. 8)

I'll try and do some more testing today on the attribute project that we've been talking about...if there's anything specific you want me to do, just email me...i'll beat the hell out of it ;)

Me too, frankly. 8)

I'll try and do some more testing today on the attribute project that we've been talking about...if there's anything specific you want me to do, just email me...i'll beat the hell out of it ;)

Beat it up hard ... I am glad it's working so well ... but I get suspicious when something is *too good* and worry that something is being forgotten.

Be sure to also go from adding a product, to checking product_info.php display, shopping_cart.php display, checkout_blah.php display, email display, account_history_info.php display.

As long as everything is *always* matching up then we are in business ... and I can just do the docs and zip it. :D

Me too, frankly. 8)

Did a few more tests, still looks good, all the way thru checkout process, and back into account_history, account_history_info - Sent you email on it.. ;)

Beat it up hard ... I am glad it's working so well ... but I get suspicious when something is *too good* and worry that something is being forgotten.

Be sure to also go from adding a product, to checking product_info.php display, shopping_cart.php display, checkout_blah.php display, email display, account_history_info.php display.

As long as everything is *always* matching up then we are in business ... and I can just do the docs and zip it. :D

• 3 weeks later...

hay guys and girls would love to help you test this can do a cleen install of ms1 on two spare sites

best way i can think of contrubiting to such a good shoping cart system

yours patrick

Attributes Sorter and Copier v5.1 was for snapshots between Nov 2002 and January 2003

Shoppe Enhancement Controller v1.0 is for 03-24-2003

Shoppe Enhancement Controller v1.0a is for 05-18-2003

These contain the Attributes Sorter and Copier plus a number of additional attribute features. Along with all the other Pricing and Discounts etc.

I do not have a version of Attributes Sorter and Copier for 02-17-2003

The information on these two SEC versions are in the Contributions forum.

what is with all of these "all in one" contributions all of the sudden?

Looks like its time to get out my shovel. I need attributes sorter/copier for newer snapshots but don't need and certainly do not want the other 200 things in SEC... looks like I better start digging if I am to pull it out :wink:

The only thing necessary for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing

- Edmund Burke

what is with all of these "all in one" contributions all of the sudden?

Looks like its time to get out my shovel. I need attributes sorter/copier for newer snapshots but don't need and certainly do not want the other 200 things in SEC... looks like I better start digging if I am to pull it out :wink:

Well ... gosh ... 8)

With all of the things tied in together between the Attributes Sorter and Copier and the Discounts and other payment features ... it was way easier to just put it all together than try to break them apart. :D

Writing and maintaining these add-ons is like ... umm ... well ... kinda tough and terribly time consuming ... so ... well ... when I had to decide who should suffer ... me? or you? ... guess who won?! :shock:

Most everything has a toggle to turn off things you might not want. And the other things, well ... happy hunting tonto ... :wink:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Have searched for some help on this and couldn't find any.

I have most of the changes done to the table except the instructions for changes to table configuration.

I'm somewhat new to using phpMyAdmin and don't understand the changes I need to make to table configuration.

I figured out the other table changes without any problems, I just don't understand what to do on this one. Any help would be appreciated.

Carl

Should have said I was trying to install Attribute Sorter & Copier v5.0.

Have searched for some help on this and couldn't find any.

I have most of the changes done to the table except the instructions for changes to table configuration.

I'm somewhat new to using phpMyAdmin and don't understand the changes I need to make to table configuration.

I figured out the other table changes without any problems, I just don't understand what to do on this one. Any help would be appreciated.

Carl

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

@Carl:

If you have a snap before 01.12.03, why don't you use the newer version 5.1? It additionally contains the weight feature for attributes.

Question to all of you, especially Linda:

I use snap 01.12.03 with version 5.1. But when I change one product, e.g. product description, then afterwards the previous attributes of thes product disappear and I have to add the attributes to this product again in admin.

Have you ever had this error? Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Albert

Hello,

I found the reason:

Once I disabled the display of the attributes in category.php (because after a while it was a very long list and I wouldn't need it there). So today I disabled also the update of the attributes in category.php. Now the options stay after I change the product. But I don't know why it's now ok, because this attribute update should occur only when there is really an update. And I haven't updated any attribute in category.php so far.

Albert Kastl

• 1 month later...