• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

attribute sorter and copier v5.1

I d/l Linda's sorter and copier contribution, and followed the steps in the read-me file I thought to the letter. When I was finished, I got an error when I tried to change anything, It freaked me out so I just reinstalled my back-up and started looking for some more documentation, to no avail. Is there a more in-depth how to on this contribution?

Thanks

Val

Did you download osCommerce from somewhere?

The name of the snapshot is the ZIP file that would have been downloaded.

The Attributes Sorter and Copier v5.1 does not work with MS1 nor snapshots within a week or two of that release.

Linda, is this your newest version that you've been working on recently?

I can't find it in the Contributions section. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong category.

What's the link to it?

Thanks,

Priest

I cannot recall off hand if v5.1 made it to the contributions as it was in need of updating as soon as it was released. It is *not* for MS1.

It is on my site. That is an old copy and not the new one that I am working on.

I d/l it from oscommerce site , but I accidentally deleted the zip file. so I dont know. I do know it was around somtime in january that I d/l it. Does the next version coming out work with all snapshots and ms1? If so I will just wait for that.

Thanks for all your help Linda

Val Anderson

The next version coming out is for MS1 and current.

The existing versions of Attributes Sorter and Copier v5.1 and Quantity Controller are for snapshots back in January.

The new release will be very different codewise, as is MS1 and the current snapshots.

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't realize this was only for releases prior to 2.2ms1 when i installed. I followed all of the instructions very carefully and guess what???

it works!

well, most of it does i guess. i coudn't figure out how to copy attribs from a product to a whole category. but other than that it seems to be working.

anything i should look out for in the meantime?

the quick pop ups are a nice addtion but you can only locate product by product number. which is a little tough to keep track of.

also, there is a link in the top of the admin that says:

"Click to change Display Order: model"

and when i click on it, it goes to:

"http://www.blahblahblah.com/admin/configuration.php?gID=1

which isn't really anything except the config page. and then the same link comes back up. what is that supposed to do?

thanks

brian

Parts of it work and a lot does not.

The link for the Display Order let's you change the value as indicated when you go to edit it ... should be in the list when you click on it ... from sorting the products by name or model number is ascending or decending order.

Note: it is not the most sophisticated setting ... so be sure to read how to set it when you hit Edit and don't just make stuff up ... it only knows the choices provided.

I just installed and I am getting this when I try to add a new attribute through the Product Attributes section in the admin:

1054 - Unknown column 'products_options_sort_order' in 'field list'

insert into products_options (products_options_id, products_options_name, language_id, products_options_sort_order) values ('1', 'Video Format', '1', '')

Any idea what that means? I have looked with PHPMyAdmin and the fields are all there in products_attributes:

products_options_sort_order

product_attributes_one_time

products_attributes_weight

products_attributes_weight_prefix

products_attributes_units

products_attributes_units_price

I am on tep_snapshot-20030416.

Thanks!

Mark

Dayton, OH

It really isn't made to work with that.

But the immediate error is because you have not added the new fields to your MySQL table.

Read through the README file on what new fields need to be added.

I am trying to arrange my schedule to get more time off from work to get this done.

I am sure we are all waiting hungrily for Lindas' Huge contribution, what might ease things having to take time off work to finish this, is to pop over to Linda's web site and make a contribution of another kind ?

What goes up MUST come down

all things come to those who wait

:wink: hurry up linda jk

ops forgot the good

all good things come to those who wait

all things come to those who wait

:wink: hurry up linda jk

ops forgot the good

all good things come to those who wait

Tests are looking good. Minumum changes ... so documenting.

I will probably release it when I have enough docs for you to install it then update the docs as I go along. This will get it out faster. :D

But the immediate error is because you have not added the new fields to your MySQL table.

Hi Linda.

I checked it over 7 or 8 times now. All of those fields are in my database. Guess I will continue to pick through it until I can figure it out myself.

And when you say that "It really isn't made to work with that" are you referring to the snapshot?

Thanks.

Mark

The version you are trying to install doesn't really work with any snapshot more recent that a few weeks before 2.2 MS1. She is currently working on a version that will work with MS1, so you are probably just messing up your code for nothing (except maybe the fringe benefit of learning more about it) :wink:.

If it comes from Linda, it is bound to be worth waiting for!

David

Hi Linda.

I checked it over 7 or 8 times now. All of those fields are in my database. Guess I will continue to pick through it until I can figure it out myself.

And when you say that "It really isn't made to work with that" are you referring to the snapshot?

If the fields are there, check that there are no spaces before or after the field names in the table.

As to the snapshot, it was not designed for MS1 and newer snapshots and works for snapshots between November and about the second week or so in January ... possibly a few more.

The New Shoppe Enhancement Controller v1.0 is for MS1 and newer snapshots. This is being tested now, and will be released shortly.