Latest News: (loading..)
tgely

What do you think?

Notify customer  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Display comments to customer in account history info when status change mail sent without Notify Customer Comment?

• Yes, always need to inform customers about comments
    • No, if administrator does not want no need notify customer

I use it to recap phone conversations, or emails sent that are not in the system

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON
FYI Upgrade to the highest PHP version you can( PHP 5.5/5.6 or 7.1  and get big performance improvements for free)

But be aware php 5.5 is more strict about things.
UTF8-without BOM, no extra spaces allowed at the beginning or end of your php file, or your redirects wont work.
No double declarations of functions allowed - used to slip through the cracks ...

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

there should be an option in admin when adding a comment if it should be "public" .

If "public" it will show in the customers order history, if not its only shown in admin.

our system does show the comment when the customer goes and looks for it, it is not hidden, but we feel sometimes it is not necessary to send them another mail from oscommerce which just repeats what has been said, or already emailed elsewhere

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON
FYI Upgrade to the highest PHP version you can( PHP 5.5/5.6 or 7.1  and get big performance improvements for free)

But be aware php 5.5 is more strict about things.
UTF8-without BOM, no extra spaces allowed at the beginning or end of your php file, or your redirects wont work.
No double declarations of functions allowed - used to slip through the cracks ...

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

there should be an option in admin when adding a comment if it should be "public" .

If "public" it will show in the customers order history, if not its only shown in admin.

This exists already.  You can make order_status's public or not.  Have an order_status of "admin note" or such and make it not public.

This is a signature that appears on all my posts.  
IF YOU MAKE A POST REQUESTING HELP...please state the exact version
of osCommerce that you are using. THANKS

Get the latest current code (community-supported responsive 2.3.4.1BS Edge) here

This exists already.  You can make order_status's public or not.  Have an order_status of "admin note" or such and make it not public.

I was more thinking about a checkbox along the lines of the "Notify Customer" and "Append Comments" , which would be independent of whatever status you set the order too.

We are working in team so all team members can take notification for an order but these notes not always refer to customer. We are taking notice about stocks or acquisition infos to each other and so on.
Never sending emails when we pass for bill the order with a 'billing status' change. These informations are not public so we have never wanted to show the customer but the basic core doing it now.

As I see it would be good to built into the core this minify modification.

:blink:

@@Gergely I think I don't understand what you are saying. We work the same way, and when we do need an internal note we add (first time and then edit) a status where comments does not show on history for customers and no emails are sent. And if I'm not wrong oscommmerce already does that.

Other way is adding a custom field to orders for internal comments; there are addons for that but I prefer first way to do it.

Edited by piernas

@@Gergely Statuses can be set to not show publically.  Adding a comment with a non public status would not show in the order history...

Get the latest current code (community-supported responsive 2.3.4.1BS Edge) here

Make a status that is not public, for this test call the new status "internal comment".  

Add a new comment in the order, and update the status to "internal comment".

That comment will not show in the customers order history.

Edited by burt

I tried to figure out:

<?php

if (ENTRY_NOTIFY_CUSTOMER == on && ENTRY_NOTIFY_COMMENTS == on && s.public_flag == 1) {
    // send mail + notify customer and add notify message into mail
  } elseif (ENTRY_NOTIFY_CUSTOMER == off && ENTRY_NOTIFY_COMMENTS == on && s.public_flag == 1) {
    // send mail + notify customer and no add message into mail ?????? (What is my secret message? Password or what else? How am I say to customer that a secret will be landed if i cant take notice in the mail?)
  } elseif (ENTRY_NOTIFY_CUSTOMER == off && ENTRY_NOTIFY_COMMENTS == off && s.public_flag == 1) {
    // no send mail but notify customer
  } elseif (ENTRY_NOTIFY_CUSTOMER == on && ENTRY_NOTIFY_COMMENTS == on && s.public_flag == 0) {
    // send mail + no notify customer and add message into mail ??????(example: Happy Birtday Customer?)
  } elseif (ENTRY_NOTIFY_CUSTOMER == off && ENTRY_NOTIFY_COMMENTS == on && s.public_flag == 0) {
    // send mail but no add message into mail
  } elseif (ENTRY_NOTIFY_CUSTOMER == off && ENTRY_NOTIFY_COMMENTS == off && s.public_flag == 0) {
    // no send mail no notify customer
  }

?>

:blink:

We simply have put in an extra DB field comments_intern... Works great for internal workflow and communcation.