• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Looking for an Add-on

Tsimi

I was looking for an add-on that can do the following;

When customer purchase a product X from category A then he should get product Y (from another category) for free.

When customer purchase 3x product X then he should get 3x of product Y free.

So in short to each product X there should be product Y for free.

OPTIONAL: it would be great if i could set a time span for this fair. similar to the specials.

I looked at following so far

- Get 1 Free (install manual is for old osC not 2.3.x)

- Anything from thesoftwareguy

Is there anything else out there?

I'd like to see a 2.3 version get-1-free which I use on my 2.2 shop. very handy. Unfortunately I'm not coder skilled. :(

Yep me too. I don't have the time right now to recode a whole add-on.

@@Tsimi I don't think there is an addon that does what you want. There is the Free Gifts that offers free gifts based on the amount purchased. I think it would be possible to replace checking the cart with checking for an individual product. This would require coding but not as much as writing from scratch.

There is also the wonderful easy discount addon that will let you apply a discount to anything. It is fairly easy to install but not so easy to use since the conditions have to be individually coded.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks for the replies guys.

@@Jack_mcs

I will take a look at that add-on. First time i see that. Thanks

@@burt

I am not a big fan of that persons work. I installed his Better Together a while back and without admin area part this add-on is more or less useless unless you want to pull your last hair out while setting it up. The admin area though is a commercial extension to that add-on which is not really a great approach to sell something. (IMO)

You know i am by all means not against paying for good stuff but this is same like putting the Master products add-on without the admin area in the add-ons section.

Jim's add-on Get 1 Free can do what i want but as said old code with an old install manual. I will look at Jacks recommendation first and if that fails i will take a better look at Jims add-on again.

Wouldn't that be something for your February Special?

Edited by Tsimi

I think I got Jim's Add-on Get 1 Free working on a osC 2.3.4 shop now. Need to do some more testing just to make sure everything is OK.

After that i need to fix the admin/get_1_free.php file to work with the latest 2.3.4 correctly. Currently it messes up the left column in the admin area.

Did just some light testing and it seems to work just fine. The only downside is i can't say, buy any product from category A and get product Y free it is just

product to product based. So I need to add all products one by one from category A to get product Y free. But no big deal though with my amount of products.

I have used thatsoftwareguy script (paying version) and adapted it for a scenario, where you get the 2nd product from a collection (I used the xsell articles table to hold that info) bought at 50% off. He was very helpfull to get it working correctly.

I use get1free for individual products with free gifts.

I have used and adapted the free gifts module to setup a storewide free gifts program where people could choose from certain (hardcoded) categories.

Different strengths in each kind of contribution.

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt