• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

@burt,

I have prepared the Kiss image thumbnailer modified for BS.

Should this modified version be uploaded as a separate Add-On for BS or better be included in the original Add-On with both versions, 2.3 standard and 2.3.4 BS?

This question is for all other BS updated Add-Ons based on existing versions.

is preferable, I think.

Just checked and found that no public upload is allowed,  I'll contact the original author FWR Media.

Should it then be added to the new

osCommerce Bootstrap Addons and Code

thread anyway?

OK, FWR MEDIA seems not to be active anymore: Last Active May 30 2013 17:56

OK, FWR MEDIA seems not to be active anymore: Last Active May 30 2013 17:56

hi, if possible, could you rename the actual php files as something like thumbnail rather than "KISSIT".

It always annoyed me that that was the name of the actual filename as well, so i had to manually rename it and change some of the code.

I just think it looks better, no need to actually name the file as the name of the plugin!

@@vampirehunter,

only the directory is called includes/modules/kiss_image_thumbnailer/

the php files are already called "Image.php" and "Image_Helper.php".

Or do you refer to another version?

I based on this:

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8492

Shall I rename the directory?

KISSME?

:blink:
osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

KISSME?

KissIT->Keep it stupid simple Image Thumbnailer, there are more of these out there ;) 

SI*->Simple Image Thumbnailer?

:blink:
osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

hi, if possible, could you rename the actual php files as something like thumbnail rather than "KISSIT".

It always annoyed me that that was the name of the actual filename as well, so i had to manually rename it and change some of the code.

I just think it looks better, no need to actually name the file as the name of the plugin!

isn't it common courtesy (if not law) that you keep things the same if you did not make essential changes ?

I don't think making it compatible with 2.3.4 would have a hugh impact on the actual core code of this contribution.

with so many scripts around, if it is a kiss adaptation, at least keep it kiss, not confuse people more !

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

isn't it common courtesy (if not law) that you keep things the same if you did not make essential changes ?

I don't think making it compatible with 2.3.4 would have a hugh impact on the actual core code of this contribution.

with so many scripts around, if it is a kiss adaptation, at least keep it kiss, not confuse people more !

I agree and thought to do so

I agree and thought to do so

hi

i don't mean remove credit. i mean just change the filename or folder that was named Kissit.

I can't rememeber, but im sure that the folder name was labelled Kissit or something. So when you viewed the Html source, it would show up as the foldername for the image thumbs.

It just didn't feel right having Kissit as a folder name! maybe others don't mind, i hope nobody's offended that i didn't want that name!

its a great plugin.

Are you going to put it in the bootstrap code thread or in the same addons link as the older versions?

thanks

so you actually want to be able to configure the location of the thumbnails to a more appropriate directory name, outside the kiss module  - which i think makes perfect sense

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

Changing the folder where thumbnails are stores is an easy task, its just to change 1 define in the instructions.

'thumbs_dir_path' => DIR_WS_MODULES . 'kiss_image_thumbnailer/thumbs/',

Change to for instance

'thumbs_dir_path' => DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'thumbs/',

and then just create a folder named /thumbs/ within the /images/ directory.

For those who don't want to make a new folder...they could instead change it to:

'thumbs_dir_path' => DIR_WS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC,

or alternatively

'thumbs_dir_path' => DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'work/',

Hello Hope get some help: Since I upgraded to osc 2.3.4 my add. pictures in the product list are to big, means I don't know where to change them. In the product_info.php is the error but I don't know where to change.

Have a look here then you understand better (my english si not so well) http://apromo.com.br/product_info.php/cPath/45/products_id/75/language/en

Thank you

Archived