• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Modal Info Popup Layer for osc 2.3.4BS

De Dokta

Support Thread for the new content module Modal Info Popup Layer for osCommerce 2.3.4BS

Note: This content Module is for the bootstrap version of oscommerce 2.3.4 only!

Download Link: http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/9204

If you want your customers to take note of certain informations, there is one way to make them aware by using a popup window or a layer. This contrib uses a bootstrap modal for this purpose. When a customer enters the shop the first time, a info popup layer is once laid over the page - regardless on which site the customer enters the shop.

post-315569-0-40378000-1422364768_thumb.jpg

The individual messages can be created via a pop-up manager as plain text, html-text and/or graphics in the admin area.There you can also specify a start and an expiration date for the display of messages.

post-315569-0-62971600-1422364789_thumb.jpg

The add-on is designed as content module, which means that no changes to core files (in the frontend) are neccessary. Only in the admin area two files (admin\includes\boxes\tools.php and admin\includes\languages\english.php) must be changed to add a new entry to the tools box.

Tested with bootstrap-gold and FF 35, Google Chrome 37.0.2062.124, Opera 26.0 and IE 8.

Please report any problems here.

J.J.

Only in the admin area two files (admin\includes\boxes\tools.php and admin\includes\languages\english.php) must be changed to add a new entry to the tools box.

No need for that either, you can avoid modifying any file. Create a new (sub)box file + corresponding language file

foreach ( $cl_box_groups as &$group ) {
    if ( $group['heading'] == BOX_HEADING_TOOLS ) {
      $group['apps'][] = array('code' => 'popup_manager.php',
                               'title' => MODULES_ADMIN_MENU_TOOLS_POPUP_MANAGER,
                               'link' => tep_href_link('popup_manager.php'));

break;
    }
  }

Edited by multimixer

New version uploaded with the changes proposed by multimixer - now no more files must be changed: Upload it to your shop, install it in your admin - done!

Many thanks to multimixer for the right tip! (w00t)

J.J.

Add in install

Before running, install content module

Otherwise...database error

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

popup status has no function. What the problem with SSL?

:blink:
osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

popup status has no function. What the problem with SSL?

Popup status is needed for the schedule and expire function. I found when changing to SSL (e.g. Login) the popup appears in certain browsers again and then it's impossible to login. :wacko:  So I disabled the popup in SSL.

J.J.

Why do you not use the banner function, do the same thing and with only one line  ? tep_banner if I remember.

Regards
-----------------------------------------
Loïc

Contact me by skype for business
Contact me @gyakutsuki for an answer on the forum

Hi JJ

Just trying this.

After installing in admin then going to online cataloge, is the popup meant to show up each time the site is loaded/refreshed or just once and when the continue button is "clicked" then it kills any future loading.

As Ive tried with different banners but only ever got to see the original popup.

Hope this makes sense.

Cheers

grandpa

Popup status is needed for the schedule and expire function. I found when changing to SSL (e.g. Login) the popup appears in certain browsers again and then it's impossible to login. :wacko:  So I disabled the popup in SSL.

J.J.

oh yes because recreate session. Cookies would be better

:blink:
osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

Just trying this.

After installing in admin then going to online cataloge, is the popup meant to show up each time the site is loaded/refreshed or just once and when the continue button is "clicked" then it kills any future loading.

As Ive tried with different banners but only ever got to see the original popup.

Hi John

Yes the popup should be displayed only once when a customer for the first time enters the shop. It would be annoying if the message would pop up on every page load or refresh! :x

If you have stored different popups activate the one you want to be displayed by clicking the green button on the popup overview page. Only one popup can be active.

J.J.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

add to your user.css a new entry like this:

@[member='media'] screen and (min-width: 768px) {
body .modal-large {
    /* new custom width */
    width: 750px;
  }
}

(or any other width you need) and in includes/modules/content/footer/templates/popup.php change

<div class="modal-dialog">

to:

<div class="modal-dialog modal-large">

J.J.

Edited by De Dokta

• 1 year later...

Englisch

it seems that the Modul don't work any more with the new version of BS Edge.

It seems the that you can;t click at an ellemnt of the site.

I will Check the files again and come back later.

German

Es sieht so aus das das Modul nicht mehr kompatible mit den neuesten Dateien von Oscommerce BS Edge ist.

Den ganzen Tag hab ich versucht das problem zu finden ...nichts.

Man kann auf der Seite nichts Auswahlen, wen man mit der Maus auf klickbaren Sachen drauf geht kann man sie nicht Auswahlen.

Es langt nicht das module auf false zu stellen um die Sache zu korrigieren man mus das Modul durch Uninstall entfernen dann lauft alles wieder gut.

Werde mich wieder melden will noch mall kontrollieren ob alle Dateien richtig sind.

Englisch

The Problem was in the German Language File: Catalog/includes/languages/german/modules/content/footer/cm_footer_popup.php

Find this:

-------------

<?php
<?php
define('MODULE_CONTENT_FOOTER_POPUP_TITLE', 'Info Popup');
define('MODULE_CONTENT_FOOTER_POPUP_DESCRIPTION', 'Das Info Popup hinzufügen');
-------------

and Replace with this:

-------------
<?php

-------------

German

Das problem lag in der Deutschen Sprachen datei: Catalog/includes/languages/german/modules/content/footer/cm_footer_popup.php

Stadt dies (was die Fehlfunktion verursacht)

-------------

<?php
<?php
-------------
soll man mit dieses ersetzen:
-------------
<?php

-------------
Der Fehler war der zweite "<?php"

• 1 month later...

Earlier you stated: "I found when changing to SSL (e.g. Login) the popup appears in certain browsers again and then it's impossible to login. So I disabled the popup in SSL."

How can I use this if I run a full SSL shop front and back? I can't even see the popup. I know it's trying to popup. When I test on pingdom.com it shows in the file requests, but it won't show for me. Is there a work around for this? @@Gergely Modal Cart works perfect for me. He doesn't have this in his: if (($_SERVER['HTTPS'] !== 'off') && (!tep_session_is_registered('popup'))) { ?>

Bill

Edited by ecommunlimited

• 1 month later...

@@ecommunlimited

Earlier you stated: "I found when changing to SSL (e.g. Login) the popup appears in certain browsers again and then it's impossible to login. So I disabled the popup in SSL."

How can I use this if I run a full SSL shop front and back? I can't even see the popup. I know it's trying to popup. When I test on pingdom.com it shows in the file requests, but it won't show for me. Is there a work around for this? @@Gergely Modal Cart works perfect for me. He doesn't have this in his: if (($_SERVER['HTTPS'] !== 'off') && (!tep_session_is_registered('popup'))) { ?>

Bill

Did you  ever get this sorted. I also now run site full SSL but modal doesn't work.

Cheers

Grandpa

Oh of course, I understand there was no offence meant and none was taken by anyone, I'd hope.

De Dokta's passing and especially Joli's passing made me more aware of internet-mortality. How would we all know if you or I or anyone else reading this today, sadly is no longer with us tomorrow?

It's just another name that used to be on a Forum, is no longer on the Forum.

I didn't know about either one of them passing until just now, and it makes me sad.  It's weird because people come and go, but you don't think they died and that's why they're gone.  On the other hand, for some people that are ill and home bound, this forum and friendships can be a source of happiness. 

I'm not really a dog.