• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal Standard HTML Mails with Ultimate HTML Emails

lovarano

Hi all,

I tried to install Ultimate email to Paypal Standard.

I copied the following part in paypal_standard.php under module

After: // lets start with the email confirmation

//--- Beginning of addition: Ultimate HTML Emails ---//
if (EMAIL_USE_HTML == 'true') {
require(DIR_WS_MODULES . 'UHtmlEmails/Green/checkout_process.php');
$email_order = $html_email;
}else{//Send text email
//--- End of addition: Ultimate HTML Emails ---//

AND

Before: tep_mail($order->customer['firstname'] . ' ' . $order->customer['lastname'], $order->customer['email_address'], EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT, $email_order, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);

//--- Beginning of addition: Ultimate HTML Emails ---//
}

if(ULTIMATE_HTML_EMAIL_DEVELOPMENT_MODE === 'true'){
//Save the contents of the generated html email to the harddrive in .htm file. This can be practical when developing a new layout.
$TheFileName = 'Last_mail_from_checkout_process.php.htm';
$TheFileHandle = fopen($TheFileName, 'w') or die("can't open error log file");
fwrite($TheFileHandle, $email_order);
fclose($TheFileHandle);
}
//--- End of addition: Ultimate HTML Emails ---//

The after paying in Paypal and rediction to the shop, I receive a blank window in IE. I was redicted to shopping_process. I assume, that I need to check in my Paypal account isn'it? I do not receive a confirmation mail too, after this error.

Thanks for your support

Edited by lovarano

Blank screen means bad language path require or something else and caused fatal error. I am not sure that

is good for paypal checkout. The required module is compatible only with the standard oscommerce checkout.

Switch on error reporting to file and exam the test results.

:blink:
osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

I've been working on getting email invoices working with paypal standard too, I'm using fancier-invoice-packing-slip-for-231 module ( http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8362 )

The email is sent but on the invoice for paying via paypal the order number isn't appearing, yet it does on the cash on delivery invoice.

Both use exactly the same code to generate the invoice.
The code that sends the email is (lines 106-111 in email_invoice.php) :-

$ei_message->build_message();
    $ei_message->send($order2->customer['name'], $order2->customer['email_address'], STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS, 'Your Sanctuary Books Order # ' . $insert_id);
    if (SEND_EXTRA_ORDER_EMAILS_TO != '') {

$ei_message->send('Orders','m[email protected]', STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS, 'New Order Received # ' . ' ' . $insert_id);

By changing the $insert_id to '123456'  the subject line shows the order number as 123456, hence the variable $insert_id should be the order number, but isn't been assigned the order number for some reason.

Any ideas or suggestions would be welcome,

Paul

instead use $order_id :thumbsup:

osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

Now I've got the HTML invoice working with paypal standard, i'd like to share the coding I've used to make it work, how do I go about making it available to the community?

As I'm new to PHP, I'm pretty sure that the code can be improved and made more efficient by somebody a little more proficient than myself, but it works and that is what i set out to achieve!!!!

Paul

Take a post in addon support forum.

Hi all,

Thanks for your replies. I'am still working on it.

@@sanctuarybookshop: Could you post your code?

We tried now with this coding, but I still receive a blank page after paypal forward me to the shop (checkout_process.php)

// lets start with the email confirmation

if (EMAIL_USE_HTML == 'true') {
  $email_order = $html_email;
 }else{
      $email_order = STORE_NAME . "\n" .
                     EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n" .
                     EMAIL_TEXT_ORDER_NUMBER . ' ' . $order_id . "\n" .
                     EMAIL_TEXT_INVOICE_URL . ' ' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT_HISTORY_INFO, 'order_id=' . $order_id, 'SSL', false) . "\n" .
                     EMAIL_TEXT_DATE_ORDERED . ' ' . strftime(DATE_FORMAT_LONG) . "\n\n";
      if ($order->info['comments']) {
        $email_order .= tep_db_output($order->info['comments']) . "\n\n";
      }
      $email_order .= EMAIL_TEXT_PRODUCTS . "\n" .
                      EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n" .
                      $products_ordered .
                      EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n";

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($order_totals); $i<$n; $i++) {
        $email_order .= strip_tags($order_totals[$i]['title']) . ' ' . strip_tags($order_totals[$i]['text']) . "\n";
      }

if ($order->content_type != 'virtual') {
        $email_order .= "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_DELIVERY_ADDRESS . "\n" .
                        EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n" .
                        tep_address_label($customer_id, $sendto, 0, '', "\n") . "\n";
      }

$email_order .= "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_BILLING_ADDRESS . "\n" .
                      EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n" .
                      tep_address_label($customer_id, $billto, 0, '', "\n") . "\n\n";

if (is_object($$payment)) {
        $email_order .= EMAIL_TEXT_PAYMENT_METHOD . "\n" .
                        EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n";
        $payment_class = $$payment;
        $email_order .= $payment_class->title . "\n\n";
        if ($payment_class->email_footer) {
          $email_order .= $payment_class->email_footer . "\n\n";
        }
      }
 }

if(ULTIMATE_HTML_EMAIL_DEVELOPMENT_MODE === 'true'){
  //Save the contents of the generated html email to the harddrive in .htm file. This can be practical when developing a new layout.
  $TheFileName = 'Last_mail_from_checkout_process.php.htm';
  $TheFileHandle = fopen($TheFileName, 'w') or die("can't open error log file");
  fwrite($TheFileHandle, $email_order);
  fclose($TheFileHandle);
 }