• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

After installing OSC 2.3.4, I attempt to log into my back office administrator site I receive these errors:

Warning: require(includes/application_top.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /path_to/index.php on line 13

Fatal error: require() function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/application_top.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5_3/lib/php') in /path_to/index.php on line 13

Can some please help me.  I need help resolving this issues.   Thank you!!!

It seems that the app cannot find your application_top.php file. Check that in your admin/includes/configure.php configuration file, the DiR_WS_includes setting is correctly pointing to the admin/includes folder on your webserver.

I've seen this when the PHP include_path gets screwed up, but yours does include ".", so it should work. Confirm that the directory /diva/includes/ exists and is filled with files, among them application_top.php. If not, something went wrong with the installation process.

Was anything changed in PHP (new version, etc.) before you tried installing osC? I've heard of cases where there was evidently an odd PHP configuration, so that even with the correct include_path, the includes/ directory couldn't be found. I don't know what ended up being done to fix those cases.

Thank you Acidvertigo and MrPhil!!! You guys are awesome!  After clearing that issue, another took its place:

Warning: require(includes/classes/navigation_history.php) [[/size]function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in[/size]/home/content/d/i/a/diannecl/html/includes/application_top.php on line [/size]129

Fatal error: require() [[/size]function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/classes/navigation_history.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5_3/lib/php') in[/size]/home/content/d/i/a/diannecl/html/includes/application_top.php on line [/size]129

What is with the "Navigation History" errors!  I have notice a lot of people with this error.

Any thoughts!

If you're already in /includes (/includes/application_top.php), it should not be possible to include or require includes/classes/navigation_history.php, because it would use "." from include_path to look for /includes/includes/classes/navigation_history.php, which doesn't exist. This is actually a coding error in osC. A workaround might be to add ".." to include_path (in php.ini file), but I don't know if there are any security exposures there.

Archived