Latest News: (loading..)
burt

Bugs in GOLD version of 2.3.4-Responsive

Bootstrap just released v3.3.2 - obviously this is not a bug, but does need attention hence why I am adding to the to-do list.

@@burt

is it just a matter of copying over the folders or are there other changes that need making?

Bootstrap 3 ROCKS!

(or it will if I ever get my head around it lol)

(and I think I have now (w00t) )

Delete the three folders and replace with the ones in the [solved] link for the 3.3.2

This is a signature that appears on all my posts.  
IF YOU MAKE A POST REQUESTING HELP...please state the exact version
of osCommerce that you are using. THANKS

Get the latest current code (community-supported responsive 2.3.4.1BS Edge) here

@@burt is there anything needing tested in gold after 3.3.2 is installed you can think of?

Should all be ok, as we haven't used any bs "hacks" at all...

Get the latest current code (community-supported responsive 2.3.4.1BS Edge) here

Should all be ok, as we haven't used any bs "hacks" at all...

is there likely to be big changes with bootstrap css class names with every new bootstrap release or have they sort of fixed now since the previous versions?

thanks

Stop asking irrelevant questions and posting to irrelevant threads @@vampirehunter

@@burt

Yes. Using Safari as the browser.

Malcolm

iOS version ?

iOS version ?

iPad mini with iOS 6.1.3

I am sorry, this was just loaned to me, and I did not know that it has such an old version of iOS.

Malcolm

If you are running the "official" osC 2.3.4 or 2.3.4.1 download, your installation is obsolete! Get the latest community-supported responsive "Frozen" release here

Yes, it is rude to post irrelevant crap.  So dont do it.

This is the BUG thread for posting about bugs in our implementation.  Nothing more, nothing less.

Edited by burt

iPad mini with iOS 6.1.3

I am sorry, this was just loaned to me, and I did not know that it has such an old version of iOS.

Malcolm

I did some research and it seems that an update to iOS 7 cures it - the coders at bootstrap dont consider it a bug.

Maybe z-index css could help, but that's not something I particularly want to get into as that would hurt the modular nature of the modules.

@@burt

product_listing: moving with the mouse over the price, the mouse pointer changes to the hand. In such case I expect something clickable. I can click the price like a button, but nothing happens. Is this intended?

@@De Dokta

How about you make the fake button into a real button (link to product page)?

Do you have a Github Repo ?

I did some research and it seems that an update to iOS 7 cures it - the coders at bootstrap dont consider it a bug.

Maybe z-index css could help, but that's not something I particularly want to get into as that would hurt the modular nature of the modules.

@@burt

Thank you for taking the time to look into this!

Like I said, I was unaware that the device had such an old version of iOS. At this point, I think that trying to support such an old version of iOS would be like trying to support IE8. I'd rather focus onlooking forward, not backwards.

Thanks again.

Malcolm

If you are running the "official" osC 2.3.4 or 2.3.4.1 download, your installation is obsolete! Get the latest community-supported responsive "Frozen" release here

@@burt

How about you make the fake button into a real button (link to product page)?
Do you have a Github Repo ?

No, I don't have.

My problem with a button - fake or not - is that in Germany it's obligatory to add to each and every price a tax and shipping info. Something like "inkl. x% VAT + shipping" - and the "shipping" with a link to the shipping.php. Imagine how it looks to have a button with the price and this text.

To place the tax info below the button is also not possible because price and tax information must form a recognizable unit. If I ignore this, I risk a chargeable warning ("kostenpflichtige Abmahnung") :x. Welcome to Absurdistan!

J.J.
Edited by De Dokta

Ok, in that case, as you actually need something entirely different - I'll remove it from the "bug" list and put it onto the "other stuff at some future date" list.

The USPS module that is included is obsolete and largely non-functional. I can see two solutions:

1. Remove the module from the distribution.
  2. Update the module, and commit to releasing a new version of osCommerce with an updated module every time the USPS changes their API (Four times in the last year).

I'm leaning towards #1.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Update the module, and commit to releasing a new version of osCommerce with an updated module every time the USPS changes their API (Four times in the last year).

No chance. Most awful bunch of cowboys I had the displeasure to contact.

I think you're right, we need to dump the module. I'll bring it up internally.

How about:

<button type="button" class="btn btn-default disabled="disabled">$9.99</span>

or:

<button type="button" class="btn btn-primary disabled="disabled">$9.99</span>

It changes colors/design, but cursor and hoover gets fixed.

Not a bug but I think it would be good to add in the future: input fields on create account doesn't have 'type' property attached so mobile devices can't choose the right keyboard layout to show.

so 

echo tep_draw_input_field('telephone', NULL, 'required aria-required="true" id="inputTelephone" placeholder="' . ENTRY_TELEPHONE_NUMBER . '"');

should be

echo tep_draw_input_field('telephone', NULL, 'required aria-required="true" id="inputTelephone" placeholder="' . ENTRY_TELEPHONE_NUMBER . '"','tel');

and so on.

Edited by piernas

Another "not a bug" more of an anomaly....

when adding top level categories to a site the facility is there to add an image - yet in the vanilla install this image is never displayed

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

TLC are not used anywhere (normally) only the category infobox, you cannot get to a page that displays them - so there is no place to show an image...that's probably why it was removed in the 2.3 series...

I'm not sure that the TLC images have ever been shown anywhere in any version osc ?  I'm not sure on that, but it seems logical for them not to have.

Edited by burt

admin store logo not referal to STORE_LOGO value.

:blink:
osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

admin store logo not referal to STORE_LOGO value.

???

The logo in the admin area is the osCommerce logo.

https://github.com/gburton/osCommerce-234-bootstrap/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=STORE_LOGO&type=Code

All is well.