Latest News: (loading..)
burt

Bugs in GOLD version of 2.3.4-Responsive

@@Mort-lemur

Hi Heather,

Check if you have "Equal Height Divs" module installed in "admin->modules->header tags".

"index.php" should be ticked under "Pages" for the "Equal Height Divs" setting.

cheers

I can't tell you how long I was looking for this one little step I most likely missed when setting up my oscommerce BS install!!!!!  thank you…  you fixed my one main issue with taking my site live...

now back to testing!!!!

P.S. OSC needs a catalog view setting which instantly kills all the commerce capabilities!!!!  thanks again!! :)

@@burt

@@greasemonkey, well spotted
@@BrockleyJohn, thanks for that code
https://github.com/gburton/Responsive-osCommerce/pull/183
Please test the change and let me know if OK, I will then push to Master

I had been fighting with this problem for several days. This patch seems to have fixed it! :thumbsup:

Thanks.

Malcolm

If you are running the "official" osC 2.3.4 or 2.3.4.1 download, your installation is obsolete! Get the latest community-supported responsive "Frozen" release here

Hi, I raised this query in two other places but it attracted little or no interest hence trying here. Is there a minor problem with sessions in v234bs/edge (v234?)?

Problem

v234bs/edge with ‘Force Cookie Use’ = true:

Clear all cookies/browsing data

Go to site

Enter a Search Key and Search

Enter a Search Key (same or different to first) and Search

Result (may happen on 1st Search, generally 2nd):

instead on being in advanced_search_result.php, index.php is loaded. 

Log entries (note the inclusion of osCsid?):

“GET /advanced_search_result.php?keywords=creed&osCsid=b5lpc34dn9fchcgp043q188qr3 HTTP/1.1" 302 421 "http --/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=creed

“GET /index.php HTTP/1.1" 200 5956 “http --/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=creed"

Similar outcome when (‘Force Cookie Use’ = true):

Clear all cookies/browsing data

Go to site

Select Manufacturer from list

Select Manufacturer from list (or enter a Search)

Problem only ever seems to happen on the 1st or 2nd click on site when the clicks have input, it doesn't subsequently re-occur.

Possible Cause?

In v234bs there is a piece of code in includes/functions/sessions.php in the tep_session_start() function line 64ish  -

if ( isset($HTTP_GET_VARS[tep_session_name()]) ) {

if ( (SESSION_FORCE_COOKIE_USE == 'True') || (preg_match('/^[a-zA-Z0-9,-]+$/', $HTTP_GET_VARS[tep_session_name()]) == false) ) {

unset($HTTP_GET_VARS[tep_session_name()]);

$sane_session_id = false;

}

}

it is repeated for $HTTP_POST_VARS[tep_session_name()] and slightly different for $HTTP_COOKIE_VARS[tep_session_name()].

The "(SESSION_FORCE_COOKIE_USE == 'True') ||" in the code was not present in previous versions of the script, by removing it the problem no longer occurs (it is not present in the $HTTP_COOKIE_VARS[tep_session_name()] test).

Thank you

Hi Gary,

I have discovered a fault when you make small screen, and open your menu navigation.

the cart is pressed against the left corner.

it must 15px margin have to be good.​

i.glyphicon.glyphicon-shopping-cart {
 margin-left: 15px;
}​

btw. this is viewed in windows 10 (micosoft edge).

regards

have a nice day :P

post-336856-0-22587800-1439310576_thumb.jpg

post-336856-0-03671000-1439310577_thumb.jpg

Edited by dinopacha

@@dinopacha

Hi Will,

I changed line 93 in "catalog\includes\modules\content\navigation\templates\navbar.php" from

echo '<li class="nav navbar-text">' . HEADER_CART_NO_CONTENTS . '</li>';

to

echo '<li><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART) . '">' . HEADER_CART_NO_CONTENTS . '</a></li>';

This makes it consistent with the other options in the menu list.

Works for me :)

cheers

My Add-ons
Advanced Cache Control Tool for osCommerce 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Ajax Product Listing for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support
Category New Products Carousel for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support
Category Popular Products Carousel for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support
Customer Testimonials for osCommerce 2.3.4 (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support
Front Page New Products Carousel for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support

Index Nested - Product Listing for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrapDownload Support
Match Categories in Search Results for osCommerce versions 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Modular Category Page for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap)
Download Support

NEW Australia Post Shipping Modules for osCommerce 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
NEW Equal Height Module for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrapDownload Support
Products Low Stock Report for osC 2.3.x (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support
Twitter Typeahead Autocomplete Search for osCommerce 2.3.4 (bootstrap and non-bootstrap)
Download Support

Upcoming Products Modules for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support

Assisted Add-ons
Scroll Boxes for osCommerce 2.3.x (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support

Bootstrap Add-ons created by other members
osCommerce Bootstrap Addons and Code

@@burt I'm see a bug and have confirmed it here http://template.me.uk/234bs3/product_reviews.php?products_id=19

I'm not sure if its a big deal or not?

reviewggregate are failing on both count and review

<div class="col-sm-8 text-center alert alert-success" itemprop="rating" itemscope itemtype="http://data-vocabulary.org/Rating"><meta itemprop="average" content="5" /><meta itemprop="best" content="5" />Average rating based on <span itemprop="count">1</span> review(s) <span class="glyphicon glyphicon-star"></span><span class="glyphicon glyphicon-star"></span><span class="glyphicon glyphicon-star"></span><span class="glyphicon glyphicon-star"></span><span class="glyphicon glyphicon-star"></span><meta itemprop="rating" content="5" /></div>
    Review-aggregate

itemreviewed:
    There's Something About Mary [DVD-TSAB]
    rating [Rating]:
    average:    5
    best:    5
    count:    1
    rating:    5
    Field rating may not be empty.

Hi there

from memory--- on my site this happened because google could spider the review page when it was empty. (that made no sense to me... why spider an empty review page) Therefore there were was no rating.

I changed the review button on the product page so if there was no review yet it was a write review button and if there was a review it was the normal button.

if ($reviews['count'] > 0) {
echo tep_draw_button(IMAGE_BUTTON_REVIEWS . (($reviews['count'] > 0) ? ' (' . $reviews['count'] . ')' : ''), 'fa fa-heart', tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS, tep_get_all_get_params()), 'primary', NULL, 'btn-primary'); }else{
echo tep_draw_button(IMAGE_BUTTON_WRITE_REVIEW, 'fa fa-heart', tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS_WRITE, tep_get_all_get_params()), 'primary', NULL, 'btn-primary'); }?>

It worked for me and the only remaining aggregate errors are 4 that were spidered before i changed the button and still have no review to be respidered.

@@douglaswalker that certainly works - and is a nice change to product_info.

But is there not something wrong with product_reviews.php?

@@burt I see lots of discussion on the matter back just before GOLD was closed....  but don't see a conclusion. And it would seem the problem persists with EDGE - does it not?

Maybe this isn't a big issue? not sure...

Obviously product_info is most important....

@@douglaswalker  -  thanks and makes sense.

Below is an alternative to the code that you suggested.   Just made it flow with the existing code structure.

<div class="col-xs-6"><?php echo ($reviews['count'] > 0 ? tep_draw_button(IMAGE_BUTTON_REVIEWS . ' (' . $reviews['count'] . ')', 'fa fa-commenting', tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS, tep_get_all_get_params())) : tep_draw_button(IMAGE_BUTTON_WRITE_REVIEW, 'fa fa-heart', tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS_WRITE, tep_get_all_get_params()), 'primary', NULL, 'btn-primary')); ?></div>

More to go onto the ever-increasing "to do" list.

This is a signature that appears on all my posts.  
IF YOU MAKE A POST REQUESTING HELP...please state the exact version
of osCommerce that you are using. THANKS

Get the latest current code (community-supported responsive 2.3.4.1BS Edge) here

@@greasemonkey @@burt

Added a pull request to github for the issue with the schema.  Please take a look and test it out to confirm all is good under da hood.  As of now, validation is happy with the output for individual and multiple reviews on a given product.

All bugs in osCommerceCE (Responsive Community Edition) are to be reported at 

https://github.com/gburton/Responsive-osCommerce/issues

To do this you need a Github account, this is free and easy:

https://github.com/join

Thank You.

This is a signature that appears on all my posts.  
IF YOU MAKE A POST REQUESTING HELP...please state the exact version
of osCommerce that you are using. THANKS

Get the latest current code (community-supported responsive 2.3.4.1BS Edge) here