• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

IMPROVE Sort Advanced Search Result by Product Viewed

khoking

Hi,

I noticed that there is "Product_Viewed" table under "Product Descriptions". I think this shows the popularity of a product.

The current Advanced Search Result is sorted by name, which is not suitable for store with thousands of products (many accessories are shown first instead of the actual product). Eg. When someone searched Xbox, those brand with A, B, C name will come up first instead of the real Microsoft XBOX console.

I hope to be able to sort the Advanced Search Result by using Product_Viewed from Product_descriptions table. Is it possible?

Best regards,

Koh Kho King

In advanced_search_result.php

change:

$order_str = " order by pd.products_name";

to

$order_str = " order by pd.products_viewed";

Be aware that changing the sort order by view count may not have always desirable results. Customers will see only better-known products, and may overlook lesser-known products. As you may well face more competition selling better-known products, this might result in lower overall sales. Keep an eye out for such problems.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to ask again. How do I change the sort order of products_viewed in descending or ascending order?

The current default sort results seems to be putting the highest viewed to the bottom.

Best regards,

Koh Kho King

Archived