• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Would it be possible to create a module for Mail Templates?

I'm not requesting, just wondering if this is a road that I should try to go down.

Is that something that can be modularized being that the core code just tep_mail out? It doesn't seem like something that can be a module, but I figured I would ask first

@@newburns Take a look at the way mailbeez does this, the template on that is quite good - plus it has a choke facility to ensure that the server allows all the emails to be sent - I set my choke to only send 8 mails per min

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

MailBEEZ doesn't handle Order Confirms, Status Updates, etc.

My default install has MailBEEZ preinstalled. https://github.com/newburns/osCommerce-234-bootstrap-wADDONS

The problem I see, similar to Mail Manager, there doesn't look to be a way to intercept the checkout_process.php email without Core Code changes.

@@newburns have a look at a contribution called UHtmlEmails.  It does what you want but will probably need to be updated...I have it running on a older  2.2 RC and it works very well....if you update it please offer it back to the community.   If you have any trouble with it let me know....I don't remember a lot about it but I can probably figure it out again.

Dan

I use UHTML emails on 2.3.4BS - from memory it required no special fixes to work with 2.3. Easy to install, the hardest part was designing templates as I'm so design challenged :-)

osCommerce user since 2003! :thumbsup:

Could not get to work on 2.3... the version I was testing half the install was missing are you sure about this

What version??

Regards

Joli

To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.

I have a default 2.3.4bs with the addon preinstalled.

https://github.com/newburns/osCommerce-234-bootstrap-wADDONS

The only issue I have is the order editor add-on does not utilize the html email templates.

I don't have a problem with the functionality. Just issue with add-on integrating with other add-on.

I try to keep that repository up to date with latest master from gburton

Archived