Latest News: (loading..)
Sign in to follow this  

Designing osCommerce eBook

All, the Designing osCommerce eBook which is good for the standard version of osCommerce (2.3.1 -> 2.3.4) is still available.  The eBook shows you how to take a new install and change it to something much more interesting, the actual tutorial can be completed in about 5 or 6 hours I'd guess, as I show you what and how to copy/paste and tell you why you are doing what you are doing.   The lessons learned can then be applied to your own shop(s).  

You'll go from this:

to this:

Your e-book made editing my version of osCommerce quite easy, and that's saying a lot considering I have no programming experience. It was simple to follow your instructions and throw in a bit of my own creativity. I was able to keep my home page, redo osCommerce and match everything up.

Just wanted to drop you a quick line to say thanks for the "Designing" osC book. I've just had a handover meeting with my client who is delighted with the site ... (it's not live until we finalise the SSL stuff) She is now busily populating the site with games, and I'm refining the images. Your book has helped me do more with osC than I thought possible. I'd started off trying to use the templating systems, but I've learned much more through delving through the PHP code. I've implemented most of the recommendations in your book, added some more contributions and now have an osC store I feel proud of rather than a stock osC site with a new stylesheet.

What looks set out to be a highly daunting task to redesign oscommerce has turned out to be a very enjoyable one ... it saves you the time of scouring around the web for tutorials that assume your already a professional with PHP. This book is worth every penny as it equipts you with the skill and knowledge to tackle PHP and oscommerce to bring your sites to that extra level. Those of you still using oscommerce's standard layout should definately check out this great e-book, and gain the credit your site deserve's. 10/10

Edited by burt

This is a signature that appears on all my posts.  
IF YOU MAKE A POST REQUESTING HELP...please state the exact version
of osCommerce that you are using. THANKS

Get the latest current code (community-supported responsive Edge) here

Sign in to follow this