The e-commerce.

Downloads Controller

rjay

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Added this module with no problems. Except once I ran a test purchase and went to my control panel to view the order I got:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'limit 0, 20' at line 1

select o.orders_id, o.customers_name, o.payment_method, o.date_purchased, o.last_modified, o.currency, o.currency_value, s.orders_status_name, ot.text as order_total from orders o left join orders_total ot on (o.orders_id = ot.orders_id), orders_status s where o.orders_status = s.orders_status_id and s.language_id = '1' and ot.class = 'ot_total' order by limit 0, 20

Did a search in the forum and saw Kylie fixed her problem by using her database backup and reinstalling the downloads.controller.sql in the database again.

Did that and it made a slight difference - first time I got an error in sql, this time I didn't. But I'm still getting the 1064 error.

Any other ways to overcome this issue?

Looked over it again. All tables seem to be set up in the right place. Seems to be a problem with the 2nd querty in the module .sql file:

INSERT INTO `configuration` ( `configuration_id` , `configuration_title` , `configuration_key` , `configuration_value` , `configuration_description` , `configuration_group_id` , `sort_order` , `last_modified` , `date_added` , `use_function` , `set_function` ) VALUES ('', 'Downloads Controller Download on hold message', 'DOWNLOADS_CONTROLLER_ON_HOLD_MSG', '<BR><font color="FF0000">NOTE: Downloads are not available until payment has been confirmed</font>', 'Downloads Controller Download on hold message', '13', '91', '2003-02-18 13:22:32', '', NULL , NULL);

Running the 3 seperately, the 1st and last execute fine, the middle one posted above gives an error when executed.

Anyone have any ideas? Tried the 2 fixes listed on this thread but neither worked for me. Still can't see my list of customers or orders on the admin page without getting the 1604 error.

Thanks a post by TripleCross I figured out the error and it's fixed.

But now I open up the order history in the admin panel and all the buttons are missing. Where can I find them? They didn't come with the module.

• 1 month later...
Im still confused as to why people can download the item even when they pay by cheque.

Hi cdadminaou,

If you have installed Linda's Download Controller module (Download_Controllev5.3 MS2.2) then in the admin part under the Configuration-> Download section ,you will find a setting called Downloads Controller Order Status . The defualt value of this setting is 2 . The value of 2 is for order status Processing

What this setting means is that if any downloadable product is purchased with a payment method whose Order Status is less than 2 (i.e the payment method has a pending or default status) then the product will not be immediately available for download to the customer.

Now for your solution....

Go to Modules->Payment->Check/MoneyOrder and set the value of Set Order Status field to either default or Pending. This will not allow the customers to download the product immediately. Once the cheque is cleared you can go to Orders section in admin and update the status of the order so that the customer can donwload the product from his My Account section

Thx to a few fixes done in this forum I have been able to sort a lot of my issues, I still have this one though any thoughts here.

testorders.gif

Any help appreciated, they are images but I cant find them in the folder supplied, if they are stck osc the url must be wrong.

Elwyn :unsure:

I've got everything working with this module except for the download link. When I click on the download button it takes me to this URL:

http://seekshopping.com/catalog/download.p...jzwu/unreal.zip

The file is actually stored in http://www.seekshopping.com/catalog/download/unreal.zip

Has anyone come across this type of error or does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix it?

The file is actually stored in http://www.seekshopping.com/catalog/download/unreal.zip

Has anyone come across this type of error or does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix it?

Matt this isnt an error, this is the default test download file for the osc feature, when you setup a new download you have to go into the attributes and setup the file to asscoiate with it.

Hi folks,

I hope someome may have run across this problem before. Its' got me stumped. I have Downloads Controller v.5.3 on my oscommerce 2.2 milestone 2 at roninarts.com. The contribution was working great and files were downloading smoothly. However, a customer got no download button when he ordered something this morning. This is a new product I had set up the night before and I double-checked to make certain I had spelled the name of the file correctly. I had.

I tried setting up another product for a test download.. and guess what? Same result. No download button and no link. However, all the other products uploaded previously were still working fine.

The web service had moved us to a new server. The permissions on the pub and download folder were correct. they had moved us to a server with PHPSuexec installed on it. I think that would have interfered with ALL the downloadable products.. not just the new ones.

I did notice that the product IDs in product attributes had just hit number 60, though. Has anyone encountered this?

~Keith

Hello,

I just installed the Downloads Controller at http://www.chippewapublishing.com/catalog and although everything seems to be working on the catalog end (so far, I haven't been able to download anything yet) I'm trying to make changes in the customer orders section to change the status to test the download and it is coming back with

Orders

Order ID:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'limit 0, 20' at line 1

select o.orders_id, o.customers_name, o.payment_method, o.date_purchased, o.last_modified, o.currency, o.currency_value, s.orders_status_name, ot.text as order_total from orders o left join orders_total ot on (o.orders_id = ot.orders_id), orders_status s where o.orders_status = s.orders_status_id and s.language_id = '1' and ot.class = 'ot_total' order by limit 0, 20

[TEP STOP]

?

Customers

?

Order Total

?

Date Purchased

?

Status

Action?

I made sure the order.php file is the correct one.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Rebecca

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I used the Download Controller V5.3/w free shipping & paymnet.

All my downloaded file has to pay before download. Normal payment module I have paypal, Bank transfer or deposit, Cash on pickup and Cash at store (basically same as Cash on pick up only the wording).

When my customer purchase the downloadable product, he.she cannot choose the Cash at store/Cash on pickup. The Payment Method only show up the Paypal and Bank Transfer or deposit.

How can I get the Cash at store to work on?

I installed it and it isw working fine. Only when you click on the download link i get this:

You don't have permission to access /download/.rzcqwyoihkmigvhol/testje.wmv on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.0.51 (Fedora) Server at www.pricebreaker.be Port 80

The permission is correct. Anyone an idee ?

Thx,

Hans

• 2 years later...

After installation and atributed the product, everything seems working until I get the order to check out...

when I click on CHECK OUT button after select the "downloadable" product I got this sintax:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_get_configuration_key_value() (previously declared in catalog/includes/functions/downloads_controller.php:13) in /catalog/includes/functions/downloads_controller.php on line 13

I have checked on the forum about it... nothing..

Does anybody knows about this? I am lay on PHP..Please some heeeelp!

Check in the Admin ... Configuration ... Downloads ... and make sure that the Downloads is turned on.

Then, go into the Categories/Products ... Product Attributes ... and add the filename for the download to each product. Note: The filename is case sensative and should not contain spaces or extra periods. Zip files are best as they are smaller and easier to download.

Then, FTP your download files to the /download folder.

Do a chmod on /pub to 777 and /download to 755

Make sure your /includes/configure.php is using the real path to your root and not $DOCUMENT_ROOT in the define. You can get this path in the Admin ... Tools ... System Info ... search for DOCUMENT_ROOT without the $

Linda, Just installed v5.3b_MS2.2 in the hopes of finally being able sell downloadable pdf's with OScom v2.2RC2 I have not been able to get the system to recognise that they are downloadable.

But now when I press Add to Cart I get:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_get_configuration_key_value() (previously declared in /home/cosec/public_html/catalog/includes/functions/downloads_controller.php:13) in /home/cosec/public_html/catalog/includes/functions/downloads_controller.php on line 13

can you offer any advise?

I cannot believe that downloadable products are not available ot of the box in Oscommerce!