• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Style Selection

Hi..

I am currently useing a piece of code i wrote that calls different styles as a simple method of altering the complete look of my site.

The problem with this is that i need to manually change the color name for a change to occur (allthough only one change it is annoying).

The code used is the following on a page that is called setscheme.php

print_default_css();

function print_default_css()

{

print ("<link href= "includes/schemes/green.css" rel= "stylesheet" type="text/css">");

}

called to pages as required by this method in place of calling the standard .css files

require("setscheme.php");

So what i am hopeing for is an admin option select box that will make this possible.

Or for the best results a admin select for the default scheme but another for customers to select a color to thier likeing.

Note:(I did have one for customers but on page change it needed to be reset. so cookies or something would be needed to hold the scheme for them throughout the visit.)

So can any one help with this little problem (desire)? I hope so.

Thanx for at least reading far enough to get my thanks :)

you may want to look at a couple of downloads/contributions in the themes area to get an idea what they are doing and see if that helps - the contributions only allow the admin to change the theme from the admin panel but there is no user control for doing it - that might be a nice new contribution :wink:

Conversion,

Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but I have done something similar where the user can select there own theme.

www.dcpcwebdevelopment.co.uk/themetest

On entering the site the the theme is set to "RAMA" .

This is done through admin.

On the left hand side you will see a infobox where you can change themes. (this was possible by using the contribution by Tom O'neil)

If this is what you are looking for let me know and I will send you the code.

jchasick wrote:

the contributions only allow the admin to change the theme from the admin panel but there is no user control for doing it - that might be a nice new contribution

If anyone thinks this would be of benefit in the contributions area again let me know and I will glady add it.

Conversion,

Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but I have done something similar where the user can select there own theme.

www.dcpcwebdevelopment.co.uk/themetest

LANGO

You made greate work!!!

I like this themes very much in PostNuke site.

And I like it very very very... much in osCommerce site!

I would like to have an opportunity to use it!

And I think it would be greate contribution!!!

The thema select mod is now available to those who would like to use it:

You will either need to running a LOADED4/5 by Ian Wilson or you will need to install the thema contribution by By Ferhat Kurt before installing this mod.

Please, this is how I have done it, I don't know enough about the session handlers to know if this could cause any problems!!

It has been running online without any problems for quite some time now.

Any info for or against would be gratefully received.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1134

Also it is released under the GPL Licence rules(forgot to add the licence to the zip file) :oops:

Lango