• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal App for osCommerce Online Merchant

Couple of things that may be bugs

Only the item title is being carried into PayPal, not the attribute (such as size) for the item

It doesn't appear stock is being deducted using PayPal standard.

I am going to enable Express and see how that works.

Thanks

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@@Harald Ponce de Leon I hope all is well. I've been working with the Paypal app for several weeks now ... I'm loving it.

One small issue I have - which I'm suggesting as an improvement for the next update????

In the PayPal app log you have a "hover" view button in the css;

.pp-table tbody tr td.pp-table-action {
  text-align: right;
  visibility: hidden;
  display: block;
}

.pp-table tbody tr:hover td.pp-table-action {
  visibility: visible;
}

.pp-table.pp-table-hover tbody tr:hover:not(.pp-table-header) {
  background-color: #fff;
}

I've found the view button impossible to access via touch screen.

Although touch screens are not typically used to manage a shop - I often use mine when sitting at home in the evenings and on weekends if I see (when looking at who's on line) issues with people checking out.

For myself I've removed line 280 from admin/paypal.php

visibility: hidden;

• 2 weeks later...

The Notification of Payment Received from PayPal is missing certain information.  Item name.  

As well the cost of the item and the shipping is being combined, not broken out separately.

This is with the PP App, using the PP express module, in osC 2.3.4

Here's what is on the email from PayPal.

post-231701-0-57046300-1422715521_thumb.jpg

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

• 2 weeks later...

Just handled a refund through the PayPal app.  Very easy and efficient.  Big  :thumbsup: on that.

Sorry for the waffle following. Hopefully I’m not talking total pooh, hopefully I will explain myself. This relates to the PayPal Standard option in the new PayPal App:-
  1. Even with auto-return set in the PayPal account a customer may not return to site.

2. The IPN call-back can occasionally be delayed by as much as 24 hours, occasionally it may go walkabout and not happen at all.

3. Presumably because neither of the above can be relied on, post payment processing (i.e. tables updating and email) is present in both the main paypal standard and the IPN script.
    Both scripts check the order status (for OSCOM_APP_PAYPAL_PS_PREPARE_ORDER_STATUS_ID) and continue or not.
    Both scripts communicate with PayPal and both always update the status history (with OSCOM_APP_PAYPAL_TRANSACTIONS_ORDER_STATUS_ID). Is this necessary/recommended or can the second communication/update be prevented?

4.  If the IPN call-back is first, it updates the status history to show payment complete (OSCOM_APP_PAYPAL_PS_ORDER_STATUS_ID). 
    If comments have been added to an order, paypal standard also updates the status history table with the comments and the same status.
    Both of these entries can be seen by the customer in the account order history, can one of them be prevented?
    Currently the comments are not available to the IPN. Comments can be available to the IPN if either they are stored in the order table, or they are passed through PayPal using the ‘custom’ data item which is currently used to hold customer_id.
    On return from PayPal ‘custom’ (i.e. customer_id) is used with order_id when accessing the order tables. Is order_id on it’s own sufficient thus releasing ‘custom’ to carry the comments?

5. A bit extreme, but in theory, with perfect timing, I guess it is possible for both paypal standard and IPN to go through the post payment motions?
    Maybe a bit OTT, not worth the effort, or not possible, but is it possible to ‘lock’ the order table record when it is first checked until it is updated?

6. Paypal standard and the IPN have the post payment coding included. Is it possible to ‘commonise’ this so that any changes (e.g. I like to update the item status and email myself if an item goes out of stock) are only necessary in one place?
    It would be good if eventually all payment routines used the same piece of code, it should be quite easy to cater for any minor differences? (Common order create script would be good too).

7. Am I right in thinking that although a Refund option now available from admin, updating the order status and sending emails has to be done manually?
    Currently, when checking the returned value a ‘Total Mismatch’ error is recorded in the status history because of comparing –ve against +ve.

If you are still reading, thank you for your patience.

Hi.

I have PayPal Express Checkout installed as payment option in payment modules of oscommerce shop. I entered API details and have sandbox ticked so as to test. When I test by clicking on the PayPal button on front end shop then its giving an error page (url is: http://newcastlewestbookstore.ie/shop/ext/modules/payment/paypal/login.php ) can anyone inform me as to what to do to resolve?

• 3 weeks later...

So paypal express app is throwing a fatal error when transferring from website to paypal. The exact error is

Fatal error: Call to a member function formatCurrencyRaw() on a non-object in /........../htdocs/mywebsite/ext/modules/payment/paypal/express.php on line 725

Line 725 specifically is the else execution below

foreach ( $order->products as $product ) {
        if ( DISPLAY_PRICE_WITH_TAX == 'true' ) {
          $product_price = $paypal_express->_app->formatCurrencyRaw($product['final_price'] + tep_calculate_tax($product['final_price'], $product['tax']));
        } else {
          $product_price = $paypal_express->_app->formatCurrencyRaw($product['final_price']);
        }

Here is a weird thing. When I go to configure Paypal Standard and save page it says I You don't have permission to access paypal.php on this server. However, everything else is fine accept I cant save standard settings strange.

@@Harald Ponce de Leon @@greasemonkey I am thinking it's a bug this error. You shouldnt have to remove the

// Set the level of error reporting
  error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE) to fix it

Warning: constant() [function.constant]: Couldn't find constant OSCOM_APP_PAYPAL_PS_STATUS in /home/*****/public_html/sandbox/includes/apps/paypal/OSCOM_PayPal.php on line 200

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

You refer to upcoming 2.3.5 in this announcement and my website developer has suggested we wait for this version before upgrading my 2.3.3.4 site. Can you give me any idea when this new version will be launched?

Thanks

@@trier

A bit extreme, but in theory, with perfect timing, I guess it is possible for both paypal standard and IPN to go through the post payment motions?

This is absolutely possible, and in fact, more probable than you might think.  It's happened to me twice now, and my stock was hit for double both times - in some cases, I ended up with negative quantities.  When I go back through the transactions...I see MANY times it was within 1 second of happening again.  I'm very concerned about this.

See here: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/407338-paypal-app-v4039-double-stock-decrement/

• 3 weeks later...

I installed the PayPal app on a stock install, everything works but I'd like to customise the email sent to the customer, but when I find the code in /includes/modules/payment/PayPal_standard.php that deals with sending the email but when I make a change to the layiut, the changes aren't reflected in the customer email. Any suggestions

@@sanctuarybookshop

Don't know if this will help -

Confirmation emails for paypal standard payments are sent from /includes/modules/payment/paypal_standard.php and also from  ext/modules/payment/paypal/standard_ipn.php. Both modules can complete the order process and send confirmation emails. paypal_standard.php completes the order from checkout_process.php when the customer returns to site. standard_ipn.php reacts to a PayPal communication 'behind the scenes'.

In theory(???) completion will be by one or the other never both(???), there is processing in place which tries to prevent duplication. The sequence of these cannot be controlled/dictated. Sometimes a customer may not return to site. The IPN callback can occasionally go walkabout. Either can happen first.

The email changes you made in paypal_standard.php need to be replicated in standard_ipn.php.

You may have already found that some of the confirmation emails do reflect the changes you've made.

• 3 months later...

There appears to have been a number of bugs identified since this app was released.

Any chance of an update to the app in order to incorporate the fixes suggested?

Also, I noticed someone ask earlier in the thread when 2.3.5 would be available.   Any news on this?

I've installed the app on my development server which is running the latest version of WAMP and associated Apache; PHP and MySQL.

When I start the app and ask to retrieve Sandbox API Credentials it signs into my existing business account retrieves the Sandbox details fine.   When I run it again and try to Retrieve Live Credentials, it keeps trying to get me to sign up for a new business account instead of recognising my existing business account which it used only a few minutes earlier!

Help please?

• 1 month later...

Hi all!

What hapenning with Paypal PS when

• No stock check
  • No order emails
  • No payment before process

Solution: select better Preparing Order Status at PS configuration - Prepairng[Paypal Standard]

:blink:
osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think this is an extremely important app. But at this point, I am having two issues.

1. In sandbox mode, the login box does not recognize my paypal login.

2. In live mode, when I click the login by paypal button the box opens. But only for a moment. Then it just disappears.

I just went over my install, and could not fine any errors. Has anyone experienced this before?

Update: All is now working flawlessly in sandbox mode. But live mode still disappears. After disappearing, without logging in correctly, sends me to the return url. 

Has anyone experienced this before?

• 2 weeks later...

Trying to install this app I am getting the warning: 

Warning: constant(): Couldn't find constant OSCOM_APP_PAYPAL_PS_STATUS

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent

When I change the level of error reporting to have this warning suppressed it goes into a redirect loop and nothing is installed. Any help would be appreciated. I am trying to install this on an older osCommerce version from 2005.

I found a paypal standard issue in multy currency enviroment

IPN return not get currency parameter so it generate order email in default currency and order total in payment currency. The language is good.
referal code in paypal_standard.php

'notify_url' => tep_href_link('ext/modules/payment/paypal/standard_ipn.php', (isset($ipn_language) ? 'language=' . $ipn_language : ''), 'SSL', false, false),

We might see the currency code in results array so it could be use from api call

mc_currency HUF

This enable to use currency code in ext/modules/payment/paypal/standard_ipn.php and we dont have to use notify_url parameter.

Possible fix after aplicaton_top.php include:

$currency = $HTTP_POST_VARS['mc_currency'];

:blink:
osCommerce based shop owner with minimal design and focused on background works. When the less is more.
Email managment with tracking pixel, package managment for shipping, stock management, warehouse managment with bar code reader, parcel shops management on 3000 pickup points without local store.

Archived