• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Admin_acl addon - what is it?

oldcelt

This appears to be some sort of admin access control but no description can be found (by me at least).   Even after downloading it, the instructions are, shall we say, a bit terse.   I don't want to waste time installing it if it has nothing to do with what I want!

Anybody throw any light on it please?

I just took a quick look through the code, and it looks like it's supposed to be a way to add additional "admin" users to a store. Some of the fields and headings suggest that additional admin users can be granted specific privileges or powers, but I don't see any code enabling such differences. Also, the code was evidently derived from a coupon add-on, and many comments and variable names were not updated to reflect the new function. It looks like a real rush job.

All in all, I would be wary of using this add-on until the author updates/cleans the code, and gives some real instructions on what it's for and how it works.

Thanks a lot.  Senility causes me to take a long time to analyse code these days and I appreciate your swift analysis.   I had suspected much of what you say after a quick 'shufti'.   I only wish I could find an addon that replicates the osCMax Admin functions.

Ken

Edited by oldcelt

• 1 month later...

ok so I managed to get this installed and working. (on a test site )

it is an admin access control  to disable what you don't want your employees to be able to access

the only problem that I have found with it is I get a strict standards usort error if anyone can help me out with this as I am just learning all this I am not confident enough to mess around....

1st error is :

Strict Standards: usort() expects parameter 2 to be a valid callback, non-static method admin_acl::tep_sort_admin_boxes() should not be called statically in C:\xampp\htdocs\dts\admin\admin_acl.php on line 107

line 107 below

usort($cl_box_groups, array("admin_acl", "tep_sort_admin_boxes"));

2nd error is :

Strict Standards: usort() expects parameter 2 to be a valid callback, non-static method admin_acl::tep_sort_admin_boxes() should not be called statically in C:\xampp\htdocs\dts\admin\admin_acl.php on line 110

line 109 - 111 below

foreach ( $cl_box_groups as &$group ) {
		  usort($group['apps'], array("admin_acl", "tep_sort_admin_boxes"));
		}

any help with this would be highly appreciated

thanks in advance

john