• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to enable pinterest module after upgrading to version 2.3.4

nothing7569

Hi guys,

I am a new programmer. I just upgraded our oscommerce website from 2.3.1 to 2.3.3.4. The 2.3.2 version was setup by someone else. I enabled the module of pinterest from the backend. And enabled to display header tags social bookmarks. I was expecting the pinterest button would be shown in the product info page automatically. But the pinterest botton was not there.

I checked the product_info.php file, the social bookmarks was included this way:

<!--- BEGIN Header Tags SEO Social Bookmarks -->
      <?php if (HEADER_TAGS_DISPLAY_SOCIAL_BOOKMARKS == 'true') {
        echo '<div style="margin-top:5px;">';
        include(DIR_WS_MODULES . 'header_tags_social_bookmarks.php');
        echo '</div>';
      }
      ?>
      <!--- END Header Tags SEO Social Bookmarks -->

Then I checked the header_tags_social_bookmarks.php, there was nothing about pinterest.

Then I downloaded a full version of 2.3.3, there was no header_tags_social_bookmarks.php file in the package even!

Did I do something wrong for upgrading? Do I need to manually add the pinterest button in the header_tags_social_bookmarks.php?

I've spent a whole day for this and totally stuck here.

Thanks for you guys help in advance,

Gloria

"Header Tags SEO" is a add-on, among other things it do, it also add social bookmarks to your product information page, I don't know if there is pinterest included

That bookmarks are not related to the default osCommerce social bookmarks where the pinterest module belongs to. You can enable/disable them under admin>modules>social bookmarks

They all display by default in the social bookmarks box, that you can enable/disable under admin>modules>boxes

If you want that social bookmarks to be within the product info body, you can check here: http://multimixer.gr/26/07/2011/move-social-bookmarks-to-the-product-information-page/ 

If you want to have it within the header tags seo block, then best is you ask the question in the support top of the add-on, it is very well supported

Archived