• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

product_info.php next previous product module

Hello.

I have developed a module - addon called Product Next Previous Products ADDON for osc 2.34 bootstrap (The name perhpas needs improvement)

which displays a next and/or previous products box using bootstrap thumbnail or bootstrap panel in the product_info page.

Description: when a customer is in a category viewing the listed products and clicks on a product then bellow that product it displays the next and previous product.

NOTE: When customer is listing products in a category and has changed the sort then if clicks on a product then the previous and next product may not be the same as he was seeing in the listing.

In order to solve this you must add the sort get param into the product links in the category listing. (Optional)

Installation guide is included in the zip file plus the extra code needed to be changed if wanted (read NOTE paragraph above)

Screenshot 1 (module displayed as bootstrap thumbnail)
Screenshot 2 (module displayed as bootstrap panel)

You can find the module here.

I post it here in order for you to test it. Thank you.

P.S. Message to this forums administrators: Please I need more upload space in the forum, it is full and does not allow me to upload anything.

Check out the great Alternative Administration System addon for osCommerce!

It needs to be a content module...

Box modules have been removed for use (other than as box modules)...

So you suggest to make it a content module? I did it a box module because i saw bm_product_social_bookmarks.php and said since that is there i should create that in boxes.... Or am i using an outdated osc 2.34 bootstrap version?

I think you must be using an outdated version, sorry.

Box modules are for the side columns only, they should never have been abused (by me) in the way they were over the past few months.

There is an example content module for the product page, for the nice layout of "reviews".

I think you must be using an outdated version, sorry.

Box modules are for the side columns only, they should never have been abused (by me) in the way they were over the past few months.

There is an example content module for the product page, for the nice layout of "reviews".

Ok... Other than that what do you think? Is it good to be included in osc bootstrap by default?

It's interesting. Is it needed by default ? I'm not sure.

It looks like a lot of code, I wonder if all that code is necessary? Take for example if the person is looking at http://demo.oscommerce.com/product_info.php?cPath=3_10&products_id=12

Previous button would make most sense to be:

http://demo.oscommerce.com/product_info.php?cPath=3_10&products_id=11

Next to be:

http://demo.oscommerce.com/product_info.php?cPath=3_10&products_id=13

No?

I think that this is the point of the modularity thing: To not have to add everything to the core

The core can stay "clean" and somehow minimal, open to different approaches of even same/similar function , that are easy to install by uploading a couple of files and pressing some buttons in admin

It's interesting. Is it needed by default ? I'm not sure.

It looks like a lot of code, I wonder if all that code is necessary? Take for example if the person is looking at http://demo.oscommerce.com/product_info.php?cPath=3_10&products_id=12

Previous button would make most sense to be:

http://demo.oscommerce.com/product_info.php?cPath=3_10&products_id=11

Next to be:

http://demo.oscommerce.com/product_info.php?cPath=3_10&products_id=13

No?

The previous and next buttons depend on the sorting that has been selected in the products listed in  a category. Not by id but on how the listing is made. And usually is made based on products_name.  

Thats why this module is working optimal when you add the get sort param to the products listed in a category. 

I think that this is the point of the modularity thing: To not have to add everything to the core

The core can stay "clean" and somehow minimal, open to different approaches of even same/similar function , that are easy to install by uploading a couple of files and pressing some buttons in admin

Yes you are right, I meant to be included in the osc and admin can enable it. Without having to download it from addons page and upload the files to the server...

• 3 weeks later...

@@burt Hi Gary did you have the chance to think of that next previous product module feature?

Should I make it a content module first, and then see what we can do to make it use the sort param as we discussed it in the chat?

@@gadlol I've ripped out the older style boxes in pages/footer thing and replaced with content module.  You could update to CM if you wish, or I can do it if you wish.  I also found http://getbootstrap.com/components/#pagination-pager which looks good.  It's not something that would go into the core, but would make an excellent addon (one of the first for Bootstrap)..

• 3 years later...
5 hours ago, RAC said:

Hello @gadlol

Did you ever get this addon working on the newer version of edge?

Regards Shaun

Hi @RAC

Right now the one I have uploaded in the first post of this thread uses bm_product_next_previous. I don't know how the newer version has changed in terms on modulating (is this the right word?)

I  think that the module should be in content and not in box:

includes/modules/content/product_info/cm_pi_next_previous.php

includes/modules/content/product_info/templates/next_previous.php

Hello @gadlol

Thank you for your reply.

Sorry if the following seems an idiotic question, if I put the files into content rather than boxes, is that all I need to do, before the installation steps, or are there any other changes needed?

Regards Shaun

35 minutes ago, RAC said:

Hello @gadlol

Thank you for your reply.

Sorry if the following seems an idiotic question, if I put the files into content rather than boxes, is that all I need to do, before the installation steps, or are there any other changes needed?

Regards Shaun

@RAC

I actually don't know. If you put in content it needs changes to the class. So it is better to place it in the boxes for now.

If I find some free time I will coded it the right way..

Archived