• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Remove product shopping cart.php issue 2.3.4

radhavallabh

2.3.4BS has "gold" (stable release) and "edge" (unstable development bleeding edge release). I think "master" is the same as one of them, but I'm not sure which. There are not separate add-ons... they're mixed together with all the others. osC 2.4 (official version) is supposed to be out soon, but it could be risky to wait for it (in the past, there has been no correlation between "about to be released" and when a version has actually been released!).

ShaGGy's fix is to urlencode product IDs that may include curly braces { } (as hex codes) in the URI, so that PHP or the server or somebody doesn't go and interpret them as subexpressions (or blow up and refuse to handle them). This should work in non-BS, as far as I can tell. There ought to be an official fix out for this before long. I suspect that they will end up using some other character(s) instead of { }.

I think there are only two shopping_cart.php files. One is the actual PHP code, which you would be changing. The other is just language definitions.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for your reply @@MrPhil.  Trying to figure out how ShaGGy's fix “the two functions (remove from cart and product link in cart)”  might be adapted to my non-BS v2.3.4, if at all.  Can't find his code search strings (and now I see that there are TWO version of BS - "master" and "GOLD" -- how confusing !  -- what's the difference ?   ...where are the add-ons listed ? ).

Boiling ShaGGy's code fixes down, he's apparently changing 3 instances from  $products[$i]['id']   to   urlencode($products[$i]['id'])  

Can this be adapted to my non-BS v2.3.4 code ?  ...and which sub-directory version of the shopping_cart.php file does ShaGGy's fix refer to ?

@@jjlyman See my last post in your other thread on this topic.   Hopefully that'll get it sorted for you.

Dan

Archived