ArtcoInc

Purchase without account for 2.3.4 and BS2334

@@raiwa

All installed now. Many thanks for your help. One thing I wanted to check is that prior to installing this contribution I placed a test order on my site, which obviously involved creating an account. After installing this contribution, when I try to place a new order, but as a guest, using the same email address as I did before it won't let me proceed past the PWA Account page and gives a message saying that the email address is already in the system and I must either login or use a new one.

I was under the impression that this contribution would let a customer checkout as guest regardless of if they had previously created an account with the same email address or not. Is that not correct?

Hello @@annuity,

Only if the first account was a guest account. If a regular account with the same e-mail is already registered it doesn't let use a guest account. It's how it works.

rgds

Rainer

@@raiwa

Many thanks for confirming that. I wonder if it's possible for me to change the behaviour so that it lets anyone checkout as a guest regardless of if they have an account or not? I have over 40k account holders who once I install this contribution on the live site will all get that error message if they try to use the guest checkout. My goal is always to make checkout as smooth and unobtrusive as possible. Idiot proof if you like, and error message's of any kind that can be avoided are the enemy of that.

Edited by annuity

@@annuity,

Do you really think it's easier for a registered user to fill in again all his customer data for guest checkout instead to just log-in into his existing customer account?

If a customer has already a regular account he should use it and it's supposed he is already used to use it. I believe it would be more confusing than helping to offer guest checkout to a customer which has a registered customer account.

Meanwhile it's not an error message, it's an alert or whatever you wish to call it and it's also used in a standard store without PWA installation.

Better this "error" message than to allow a costumer to register and fill in all his data twice :- Don't you think?

rgds

Rainer

Edited by raiwa

@@raiwa

Yeah good points you're right. I'm happy to leave things as they are. One last question, can you recommend a one page/simpler checkout add on that works with PWA or that is the most compatible with PWA? Commercial or free.

Edited by annuity

@@raiwa

I have had a few customers that for what ever reason get stuck on the payment page when using the guest checkout. Regardless of the payment method chosen, they are unable to pass beyond the select payment option. When they select a payment option and click on the continue button, they just return to the same page with a message at the top of the page that they must select a payment option.

The customers details are saved to the customer list so it must have progressed past that page, but will not allow any payment method to be selected.

This has happened a few times since I updated to the most recent version at the beginning of the year.

The last customer that I had this happen to created a normal account and the order was placed correctly once I have removed the details that were already stored in the database.

I have checked and double checked the installation and it all seems to be fine.

Have you heard of this happening from other users. I have read through most of the thread but can see nothing similar.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Get the latest Responsive osCommerce CE (community edition) here

It's very easy to over complicate what are simple things in life

Hello Steve @@14steve14,

That's very strange. I haven't heard or experienced anything like this.

The PWA module allows to make selected payment modules unavailable for guests. Thats the only way it interferes on the payment. So please check this. But this hasn't been touched in the last updates.

Otherwise there can only be an influence by the payment address. The only idea is to check that you have the same input fields on the guest account like on the normal create account page and all required fields get filled in (country, state, postcode).

Anyway what you describe shouldn't be related to any of this, because both points would just hide a payment module, but if it is displayed, the Guest checkout modifications shouldn't prevent the validation of a selected payment module. There is no explanation for this as far as I can imagine.

Please let me know the exact version update since the problem appears and the payment modules you are using or better PM your store URL so I can do some testing.

rgds

Rainer

Edited by raiwa

@@raiwa

Believe it or not, I have just had another customer ring me to say they were having problems with the guest checkout. This customer was also stuck on the payment method page and kept getting redirected back to the same page with the same warning that a payment method should be selected. The cart only contains physical products all of which are in stock. All customers are based in the UK. I do have virtual products turned on. but only to allow the free payment method. Otherwise all payment methods can be used.

For the time being I will leave the module active, but feel that I will have to turn it off to prevent people from using it.

It seems that normal checkout still works, so I expect it is probably something I have done when removing one version and installing the other. My site uses an older BS version which does have the filenames file still, so maybe its something to do with that, but I doubt it.

I have sent a PM with the store address.

@@raiwa,@@14steve14

I'm not seen this as an issue, but I'm not using the latest version of PWA.

I'm running BS gold with filenames file so that shouldn't be an issue.  Perhaps compare code with the latest to the previous version to see if there is a difference.

regards

Mike

osC BS gold live - osC CE in development (awesome)

@@14steve14,

Standard account shows the same issue, so I do not see a relation to PWA Guest Checkout.

I spent a while on this last week. I firstly uninstalled all the PWA modules. I then tried to create a new account, and the problem was still there on a standard create account page. I then went through the code changes in the install files in reverse order and removed them all step by step. No testing was done throughout the code removal, as I just couldnt be bothered to see if anything in particular was causing any problems.

Once completed, I then created several test accounts and got a few friends to do the same using different devices. Guess what, no faults found. I left it for a few days before posting here in case a customer had a problem. No phone calls, no emails and no carts left without payment. I contacted three new customers on Friday and spoke to them about the checkout process and they all reported no errors and no problems.

What was causing the error I have no idea. I didnt use a known good backup to replace any of the changed files, I just copied and pasted the code supplied in the instructions. The only thing I did differently in the PWA checkout was to add the sloppy words cleaner code to the file so the address was formatted almost correctly. That code was always in the regular checkout.

Hello Steve @@14steve14,

The only way seems to be that you install again step by step the PWA checkout and check after each step which one produces the problem. There are not so many modifications related to the checkout payment page.

As already pointed out, on all my test installations I couldn't observe any similar issue like you describe, neither anyone alse reported something similar.

It must be some interference with other modifications or add-ons in your store.

rgds

Rainer

@@raiwa

Where possible my core code files have not been changed, as I was led to believe that this would prevent errors happening and make updating easier. I have checked the checkout related files that were changed when adding the code you have in your instructions, and they are the same as when I received the files from Gary over 12 months ago. I have no idea what was causing the problem, but as you saw for yourself there was definitely something wrong somewhere. Still its fixed now and everything is working as it should.

@@14steve14,

it may be also another header tag module, payment module, or whatever, not only core file changes can interfere.

Edited by raiwa

The older version of the addon I had on the site worked fine so something added between versions must have caused a conflict.

When I get time I will investigate this further, but first running the business comes first.

@@14steve14,

OK, I'll await your checks.

I just checked again and there is no difference in the payment class modifications and header tag module to the previous versions.

There are no other changes which are related to checkout payment.

Very strange.

rgds

Rainer

Attempting to install Purchase without account on osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4 site.

Issue when attempting to load Login without Account Form module in admin. I get the following error.

1292 - Incorrect datetime value: '' for column 'last_modified' at row 1

insert into configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, `set_function`) values ('Require Telephone Number', 'GUEST_CHECKOUT_TELEPHONE', 'false', 'Require Telephone Number?', 6, 5, '', now(), 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'),')

[TEP STOP]

Hello Paul @@perinq,

It seems your database doesn't accept an empty value for "last_modified". Please try one of the following modifications:

In includes/modules/content/login/cm_pwa_login.php:

change lines 93-98 to:

tep_db_query("insert into configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, `set_function`) values ('Require Telephone Number', 'GUEST_CHECKOUT_TELEPHONE', 'True', 'Require Telephone Number?', 6, 5, null, now(),  'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'True\', \'False\'),')");
      tep_db_query("insert into configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, `set_function`) values ('Offer set password to guest', 'MODULE_CONTENT_PWA_LOGIN_KEEP_ACCOUNT', 'True', 'Do you wish to offer keep account and set password in checkout success page?', 6, 6, null, now(),  'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'True\', \'False\'),')");
      tep_db_query("insert into configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, `set_function`) values ('Allow guest checkout for virtual products', 'MODULE_CONTENT_PWA_LOGIN_VIRTUAL', 'False', 'Do you wish to allow guest checkout for orders containing virtual-downloadable products.<br>Also applies for mixed orders.', 6, 7, null, now(),  'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'True\', \'False\'),')");
      tep_db_query("insert into configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, use_function, set_function, date_added) values ('Exclude Payment Modules for Virtual Guest Orders', 'MODULE_CONTENT_PWA_LOGIN_PAYMENT_MODULES', null, 'The payment modules to exclude for guests and orders including virtual (downloadable) products.<br>Needs payment class to be modified, see Instructions Step 2.4.<br>Adding a new payment module, requires un-reinstall this module to update this list.', '6', '8', 'cm_pwa_login_show_payment_modules', 'cm_pwa_login_edit_payment_modules(', now())");
      tep_db_query("insert into configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, `set_function`) values ('Add Review Links to Guest Order Mail', 'MODULE_CONTENT_PWA_LOGIN_CHECKOUT_GUEST_REVIEW_LINKS', 'True', 'Do you wish to add a list with all products linked to the write review pages to the order confirmation Mail for guests?', 6, 7, null, now(),  'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'True\', \'False\'),')");
      tep_db_query("insert into configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, `set_function`) values ('Add Review Links to Standard Order Mail', 'MODULE_CONTENT_PWA_LOGIN_CHECKOUT_REGISTERED_REVIEW_LINKS', 'True', 'Do you wish to add a list with all products linked to the write review pages to the order confirmation Mail for registered customers?', 6, 7, null, now(),  'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'True\', \'False\'),')");

if this doesn't work try the following:

tep_db_query("insert into configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, `set_function`) values ('Require Telephone Number', 'GUEST_CHECKOUT_TELEPHONE', 'True', 'Require Telephone Number?', 6, 5, now(), now(),  'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'True\', \'False\'),')");
      tep_db_query("insert into configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, `set_function`) values ('Offer set password to guest', 'MODULE_CONTENT_PWA_LOGIN_KEEP_ACCOUNT', 'True', 'Do you wish to offer keep account and set password in checkout success page?', 6, 6, now(), now(),  'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'True\', \'False\'),')");
      tep_db_query("insert into configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, `set_function`) values ('Allow guest checkout for virtual products', 'MODULE_CONTENT_PWA_LOGIN_VIRTUAL', 'False', 'Do you wish to allow guest checkout for orders containing virtual-downloadable products.<br>Also applies for mixed orders.', 6, 7, now(), now(),  'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'True\', \'False\'),')");
      tep_db_query("insert into configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, use_function, set_function, date_added) values ('Exclude Payment Modules for Virtual Guest Orders', 'MODULE_CONTENT_PWA_LOGIN_PAYMENT_MODULES', null, 'The payment modules to exclude for guests and orders including virtual (downloadable) products.<br>Needs payment class to be modified, see Instructions Step 2.4.<br>Adding a new payment module, requires un-reinstall this module to update this list.', '6', '8', 'cm_pwa_login_show_payment_modules', 'cm_pwa_login_edit_payment_modules(', now())");
      tep_db_query("insert into configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, `set_function`) values ('Add Review Links to Guest Order Mail', 'MODULE_CONTENT_PWA_LOGIN_CHECKOUT_GUEST_REVIEW_LINKS', 'True', 'Do you wish to add a list with all products linked to the write review pages to the order confirmation Mail for guests?', 6, 7, now(), now(),  'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'True\', \'False\'),')");
      tep_db_query("insert into configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, `set_function`) values ('Add Review Links to Standard Order Mail', 'MODULE_CONTENT_PWA_LOGIN_CHECKOUT_REGISTERED_REVIEW_LINKS', 'True', 'Do you wish to add a list with all products linked to the write review pages to the order confirmation Mail for registered customers?', 6, 7, now(), now(),  'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'True\', \'False\'),')");

Hope this helps

rgds

Rainer

Edited by raiwa

Tried both modifications. Both gave errors. below is the error from the 2nd set of code.

1048 - Column 'configuration_value' cannot be null

insert into configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, use_function, set_function, date_added) values ('Exclude Payment Modules for Virtual Guest Orders', 'MODULE_CONTENT_PWA_LOGIN_PAYMENT_MODULES', null, 'The payment modules to exclude for guests and orders including virtual (downloadable) products.
Needs payment class to be modified, see Instructions Step 2.4.
Adding a new payment module, requires un-reinstall this module to update this list.', '6', '8', 'cm_pwa_login_show_payment_modules', 'cm_pwa_login_edit_payment_modules(', now())

[TEP STOP]

@@perinq,

you have really a strange setting for the database, never heard about problems with this.

Please try the following:

tep_db_query("insert into configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, use_function, set_function, date_added) values ('Exclude Payment Modules for Virtual Guest Orders', 'MODULE_CONTENT_PWA_LOGIN_PAYMENT_MODULES', '0', 'The payment modules to exclude for guests and orders including virtual (downloadable) products.<br>Needs payment class to be modified, see Instructions Step 2.4.<br>Adding a new payment module, requires un-reinstall this module to update this list.', '6', '8', 'cm_pwa_login_show_payment_modules', 'cm_pwa_login_edit_payment_modules(', now())");

Instead of '0' you can try with any other value just to get it installed.

It seems you have a default setting of "not null" for all database fields. It shouldn't be set like this, you may get troubles with other modules too which are using empty or null values when installed.

rgds

Rainer

That last modification fixed it. Thank you. I'm pretty new to this, is that a setting that can be changed in phpmyadmin? If it is changed now does that affect any previous entries?

Hello Paul @@perinq,

there is a setting for the columns (fileds) which doesn't allow the value to be "null". By default it shouldn't be activated for a new column.

Now it seems in your database this is somehow activated for new columns( fields) when they are created. I checked now on my databases with phpmyadmin and couldn't find a setting where to change it and I never found this issue in any database I touched and they are quite a lot. However there may be someone with more experience in this.

You could post this issue in a more generic sql forum or open a new topic. It is not specific for the module you experienced the issue.

Or you could contact your hosting service explaining the problem, they should know how to change the setting.

It shouldn't affect existing tables/fields, only new fields when they are created.

rgds

Rainer

When trying to use the "log in with out account" option,  I got this error after submitting the form. I have turned off the requirement that the telephone number be included in the admin setup. Is this related to the previous database problem?

1364 - Field 'customers_telephone' doesn't have a default value

insert into customers (customers_firstname, customers_lastname, customers_email_address, customers_guest) values ('Paul', 'XXXXXXX', 'XXXXXXX@gmail.com', '1')

[TEP STOP]

Above error has been resolved. I was able to use phpmyadmin and found where to edit the customer column and its tables to change the setting to allow "null" and make null the default.

I have noticed that the drop down box option to select a state in the form used in the PWA is not available, can it be? It is available in the other areas that allow address information to be entered.