ArtcoInc

Purchase without account for 2.3.4 and BS2334

@@Pelvis,

Try this:

- Uninstall the module: modules->login->Install->Login without Account Form

- delete in your database in the Table "address_book" the column "customers_guest".

Reinstall the module: modules->login->Install->Login without Account Form

good luck

Rainer

Thanks !!!!

You must delete also in the Table "customers" the column "customers_guest"

THank you for the fastest Help Reiner!!

@@Mikepo,

2 weeks passed, is there a chance to get it tested :)

rgds

Rainer

@@Mikepo,

2 weeks passed, is there a chance to get it tested :)

rgds

Rainer

@@raiwa, sorry, been up to my eyes in running a business.  I'll test it in the new year, with a bit of luck, but as you have released the code, testers will soon pop up :)

rgards

Mike

osC BS gold live - osC CE in development (awesome)

In a local (modified) installed Osc EDGE shop: after install PWA 2.4 (without Paypal integration) I keep getting 1054 - Unknown column 'reviews_key' in 'field list'  update orders set reviews_key = 'WNe6KkyhdteY' where customers_id = '753' and orders_id = '14731'  after checkout (when normaly  i have to get into the confirmation page). When I turn off the module completely, everything is fine. I have searched in queries, but not found it, perhaps overlooked...

Hello Martin @@dreumel,

did you update from previous version and if yes, uninstalled the login module, replaced and reinstalled?

Please see also Update instructions "Update to Version. 2.4"

rgds

Rainer

Edited by raiwa

I made a mistake in making a copy out of your ' modified files ' (reviews.php). After restoring the backup database I removed the '(content)login without account form' and reinstalled it. Now I get the error ' API call failed: Error executing API call (request): The webhook location is invalid.' but I think this is caused by a payement module because I have installed everything local. So I think it is OK now. The module is surely great  because customers  realy asked for it. Thanks!

i seem to have an issue

i copied the new files over which are fine

then copied over the modified files.

however if i copy the file:catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_standard.php (paypal app version)

it seems to break my shop.

I copied my original file back and it seems to then work. I tried a guest checkout purchase and it takes my to the correct paypal as it would if customer has signed up and registered.

but then i went back and checked, and it seemed this actually created a customer account rather than it being a guest purchase?

what modifications are in the paypal_standard(paypal app).php file?

im trying to figure out why its causing an error.

Edited by vampirehunter

what modifications are in the paypal_standard(paypal app).php file?

@@vampirehunter,

the (paypal app versions are for stores which have the PayPal App installed. You have to use the correct version.

Otherwise compare the files or apply the modifications to your original paypal_standard.php file.

They are explained in the update instructions:

Update to Version. 2.4

<======= Optional for shops using PayPal Standard payment module =========> 4.4.a. /includes/modules/payment/paypal_standard.php;

The modifications are identical for normal and PayPal App version.

rgds

Rainer

@@vampirehunter,

the (paypal app versions are for stores which have the PayPal App installed. You have to use the correct version.

Otherwise compare the files or apply the modifications to your original paypal_standard.php file.

They are explained in the update instructions:

Update to Version. 2.4

<======= Optional for shops using PayPal Standard payment module =========> 4.4.a. /includes/modules/payment/paypal_standard.php;

The modifications are identical for normal and PayPal App version.

rgds

Rainer

Hi

thanks

im using paypal app, so i copied the file over. I think its working now.

However, im not sure about one thing

when im going through the checkout, as i have a "my account" link on my top navbar,

as soon as you type in address, and then get to next part of checkout, it shows the guest as logged in with an account. Is this the correct behaviour?

i also wanted to check.

when the guest user is in the checkout process.

should they be seeing themselves as signed in at the top navbar?

Yes, they need to be temporary registered and logged in during checkout. Then on checkout_success, depending on the option they choose, they are auto logged off and the account deleted.

hi.

when im doing the guest checkout, it actually seems to create an account already.

i followed the installation correctly.

im not sure why guest checkout is causing a customer to have an account created!

Yes, they need to be temporary registered and logged in during checkout. Then on checkout_success, depending on the option they choose, they are auto logged off and the account deleted.

ok i see.

so if customer goes to paypal and then doesn't return, the account stays in system?

and if customer comes back to website and confirms they dont want account, then it deletes?

im not sure why guest checkout is causing a customer to have an account created!

Checkout is not possible without account, it works like this!

so if customer goes to paypal and then doesn't return, the account stays in system?

yes, but is has no practical effect , customer can't log in, guest accounts are flagged in admin, so you can easy clean up. If the same customer returns (same e-mail) a check is performed when he tries to create a regular account or tries to checkout again as guest, and his old guest account is auto deleted.

and if customer comes back to website and confirms they dont want account, then it deletes?

yes

Please, read the old posts in this thread about this and just do some testing you'll see how it works.

A lot of stores are using already the system and it works.I can't respond and explain every detail.

rgds

Rainer

Edited by raiwa

does anyone where to find this bit of code here?

<span class="fa fa-chevron-right"></span>

I want to change that class to fa-angle-right but cant find this anywhere.

its for the guest login button on login form

its ok, i found it

thanks

Edited by vampirehunter

I guess you mean the button in:

includes/modules/content/login/templates/pwa_login.php:

<p class="text-right"><?php echo tep_draw_button(IMAGE_BUTTON_CONTINUE, 'fa fa-chevron-right', tep_href_link('account_pwa.php', '', 'SSL'), null, null, 'btn-primary btn-block'); ?></p>  

@@raiwa

I have finally got round to updating this addon to the latest version after a customer complained that they could not use the guest checkout as they had bought previously using it from my site.

Many thanks for the easy install and the great instructions. It seems as if the install went fine and everything is working properly as far a s i can tell with my testing.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Get the latest Responsive osCommerce CE (community edition) here

It's very easy to over complicate what are simple things in life

Just beginning my install of this contribution on a new site and wanted to let you know in the list of new files it's missing the following line. \includes\languages\english\account_pwa.php

Edited by annuity

I've hit a snag with the install and hope someone can help if possible as i'm a little confused. The instructions seem to indicate that newer EDGE versions are using hardcoded table names. I have the latest Edge version from Guthub yet in admin/orders.php my table names are TABLE_ORDERS not orders. I've checked on Github http://github.com/gburton/Responsive-osCommerce/blob/master/admin/orders.php and the orders.php file is the same as mine. Am i missing something?

Edited by annuity

Hello @@annuity,

Just beginning my install of this contribution on a new site and wanted to let you know in the list of new files it's missing the following line. \includes\languages\english\account_pwa.php

Yes, this needs to be fixed. This language file will be removed and the core create_account.php language file will be used instead. Thanks for the info.

I've hit a snag with the install and hope someone can help if possible as i'm a little confused. The instructions seem to indicate that newer EDGE versions are using hardcoded table names. I have the latest Edge version from Guthub yet in admin/orders.php my table names are TABLE_ORDERS not orders. I've checked on Github http://github.com/gburton/Responsive-osCommerce/blob/master/admin/orders.php and the orders.php file is the same as mine. Am i missing something?

The table definitions are not updated in all files yet. They are only updated in the newer core modules as far as I could see. However I usually hardcode all table names in my add-ons to avoid the need to add the definitions during installation.

I believe they will all be updated in the future and in 2.4 they are already.

rgds

Rainer

Edited by raiwa

Hi Raiwa,

Many thanks for getting back to me. So just to check, for now should I avoid overwriting my files with the hardcoded tables or will it be ok and not cause any errors?

Regards,

Rick

Hello @@annuity,

Yes, this needs to be fixed. This language file will be removed and the core create_account.php language file will be used instead. Thanks for the info.

The table definitions are not updated in all files yet. They are only updated in the newer core modules as far as I could see. However I usually hardcode all table names in my add-ons to avoid the need to add the definitions during installation.

I believe they will all be updated in the future and in 2.4 they are already.

rgds

Rainer

Edited by annuity