ArtcoInc

Purchase without account for 2.3.4 and BS2334

Hello Martin @mhsuffolk,

It seems you have missing the language definition in your includes/languages/english/modules/content/checkout_success/cm_cs_product_notifications.php

Or maybe you do not have the checkout success product notifications module installed. If you do not wish to use it, you'll need it at least to be installed, but you can leave it switched off.

16 minutes ago, raiwa said:

Or maybe you do not have the checkout success product notifications module installed. If you do not wish to use it, you'll need it at least to be installed, but you can leave it switched off.

Thank you @raiwa It was this problem, now solved.

Live Phoenix 1.0.5.0 on PHP 7.3

Is your version of osC up to date? You'll find the latest osC community version (CE Phoenix 1.0.7.0) here.

@raiwa I use the latest version of Phoenix and latest version of PWA. When completing the form on account_pwa.php and click the continue button it just refreshes and return to the same page.

Please advise what needs to be checked.

Thanks.

2 hours ago, discxpress said:

@raiwa I use the latest version of Phoenix and latest version of PWA. When completing the form on account_pwa.php and click the continue button it just refreshes and return to the same page.

Please advise what needs to be checked.

Thanks.

I just checked on my Phoenix 1.0.4.3 test store and all works as expected.

Do you have the PWA Keep Account checkout success module installed. If yes, you are prompted to choose if you wish to keep account or not. You have to tick one option, otherwise the continue button will not forward.

Edited by raiwa

27 minutes ago, raiwa said:

I just checked on my Phoenix 1.0.4.3 test store and all works as expected.

Do you have the PWA Keep Account checkout success module installed. If yes, you are prompted to choose if you wish to keep account or not. You have to tick one option, otherwise the continue button will not forward.

Yes I have PWA Keep Account module installed.

When you have time check for yourself https://melophilemp3.com/account_pwa.php 

Thankd for your time

Sorry, I understood wrong in the first attempt to answer. I thought you refer to the checkout_success page,

I can see it on your store, but as already stated: on my Phoenix 1.0.4.3 store it works flawless. Sorry, I can't do any research on your store.

Please try on an unmodified store or remove any additional third party modifications, modules etc to find out what produces the problem.

The pwa_account.php page processing is identical to the core create_account.php.

I saw that you have added a recaptcha module on the core create_account.php page. May this interfere on the pwa_account.php page. Try to remove this.

Edited by raiwa

Hi Raiwa,

I'm getting my Phoenix 1.0.4.3 ready to go live.  I have down loaded the last upgrade (v4.0.1) and installed.  Under instructions, on page 16, 7b.  I don't see "add links to product reviews".  Or now how to do this one.  Being I don't have any orders in Phx. all it is showing me that I have zero orders. 

Just need direction please. 

Using 2.3.4.1 CE with PWA 3.0.5

Customer came in last evening, filled a cart, proceeded to PayPal and then abandoned checkout.

I waited 24 hours...order status stuck at Preparing PayPal IPN...I figure they changed their mind, their card was rejected, who knows.

I deleted the order.

Next thing I know, customer comes back and completes the PayPal payment tonight.  Fortunately, I use PayPal Standard which provides a complete item-by-item list of what they purchased, otherwise...I'm going to have to contact the buyer and ask...what did you order?

Question is:  if I deleted their order this morning, how were they able to complete checkout with PayPal tonight?  Was PayPal storing their order details for later? 

You don't get the option to 'keep' or 'create' your account when using PWA until you complete checkout, right?  I do have that feature enabled within PWA...giving the customer the option to keep their account at the end.

I'm really puzzled as to how this customer was able to make this payment...complete with products-ordered details...after I deleted it this morning. 

Additionally, do I need to manually delete customers with the green check mark next to their names indicating they were PWA customers?

Does the green check mark disappear if they do decide to keep or create an account? 

Confused on Friday night.

- Andrea

7 minutes ago, puggybelle said:

Question is:  if I deleted their order this morning, how were they able to complete checkout with PayPal tonight?  Was PayPal storing their order details for later? 

Yes.  Once you switch to PayPal for payment, it doesn't come back until the customer decides either to cancel or pay.  Everything PayPal knows, it knew at the moment of transfer from your site. 

Also, it may be that the customer "completed" checkout yesterday but PayPal waited to tell you for some reason.  Or that the customer completed the payment later.  Since PayPal doesn't really deal with orders so much as payments.  The payment request from your site includes order details.  So when the payment finished, PayPal sends back the order details that you sent to them.  PayPal has no idea of PWA.  They just know what you sent them (and details of the payment). 

PayPal may have required them to put in a credit card or something that the buyer didn't have at the moment of starting the payment.  Or been waiting for a bank transfer. 

Note that this really doesn't have anything to do with PWA.  You could have the same thing happen with a perfectly regular order.  It can take several days to process PayPal payment.  Example reference:  https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Sending-money-Archive/how-long-does-it-take-to-process-a-payment/td-p/202902

Always back up before making changes.

@ecartz

Happy Friday Night!

I don't think they completed checkout at all.  I did not receive an Order Process email, even when they paid this evening.  I assume they didn't, either. 

I emailed the buyer to thank them and inform them that their purchase would be shipped first thing on Monday morning.

It's very weird.

I see the green check mark next to their name, which indicates they used PWA.  When I search for them in the Admin side of the site...just searching for their name in the Customers section...they come up, complete with name and address details, but when I click on Orders...zero found.  Because I deleted the order many hours before the payment came in. 

I'm going to just appreciate that I got paid and call it a day.

But, how do I know if they 'created' an account or went on their merry way?  And you don't even get the option to keep an account until you hit checkout_success, right?  They never made it there.  Otherwise, I'd be getting an order process email, yes?

If you don't delete those customers with the green check mark...aren't they going to have problems trying to make a purchase in the future?

The database will say...your details and email address are already on file...please log in...right?

Or is PWA supposed to be deleting those customers after a successful transaction? 

Still confused.  Sorry, I know I'm rambling.  Just trying to make sense of what happened here.

- Andrea

15 minutes ago, puggybelle said:

I did not receive an Order Process email, even when they paid this evening.

Right.  They didn't complete the shop checkout, because you had already deleted the order.  They completed the PayPal payment.  So from the customer's perspective, they completed checkout, because the payment is the last step.  But from the shop perspective, they haven't because there was no order. 

This has always been the problem with payment methods that go off site.  The payment occurs before the shop processes the checkout.  So it's possible for checkout to fail after the customer has completed payment.  For example, if the customer doesn't click the return to merchant button, the customer never sees the checkout success page. 

That's why the PayPal module creates the order before switching to PayPal.  So if the customer does not return, at least you have all the order information.  And PayPal has IPN, so the shop gets notified.  But I would assume that deleting the order before the IPN would keep it from working.  From PayPal's perspective, IPN is an extra thing they do after payment.  They won't block the payment.  From the customer's perspective, the payment was made and the products should be sent. 

24 minutes ago, puggybelle said:

If you don't delete those customers with the green check mark...aren't they going to have problems trying to make a purchase in the future?

The database will say...your details and email address are already on file...please log in...right?

Or is PWA supposed to be deleting those customers after a successful transaction?

I don't know the answers to how PWA is supposed to work here.  I'll leave that for Rainer.  I'm just saying that yes, there are situations where PayPal may complete the payment more than a day later. 

If you wanted a low risk way to handle this, you could change the email from user@example.com to user+{customer_id}@example.com (replace {customer_id} with the actual customer_id) rather than deleting the account.  That would make the email unique (from the database perspective) while still pointing at the same email account.  But I don't know if that's necessary or if PWA has some other way of handling things when a temporary account exists but the customer wants to purchase again. 

It's also not clear to me if you could delete the customer without deleting the order.  Because there's no reason not to keep the pending order even if there is a reason not to keep the temporary account. 

Always back up before making changes.

1 hour ago, ecartz said:

I don't know the answers to how PWA is supposed to work here.  I'll leave that for Rainer.  I'm just saying that yes, there are situations where PayPal may complete the payment more than a day later. 

If you wanted a low risk way to handle this, you could change the email from user@example.com to user+{customer_id}@example.com (replace {customer_id} with the actual customer_id) rather than deleting the account.  That would make the email unique (from the database perspective) while still pointing at the same email account.  But I don't know if that's necessary or if PWA has some other way of handling things when a temporary account exists but the customer wants to purchase again. 

There is no need to delete a guest account other than keeping the database clean. But it shouldn’t be deleted immediately for the case the client is still logged in and tries again to checkout. PWA can handle an existing guest account. It checks if the email exists and deletes the old account on the fly if it was a guest account.

@raiwa

Thank you for that.  I'll stop worrying about green check marks now.  🙂

@ecartz

The PayPal payment email for this order says the following at the bottom:

Please keep this number for future reference, as your customer doesn't have a PayPal Transaction ID for this payment.
Invoice ID:  8044

The next order/PayPal email, that completed checkout, has no such language, only Invoice ID: 8045 at the bottom.

I wonder if this buyer may have gone back to PayPal and manually created the order and paid.  Can they do that?

I did notice the buyer was sticking around the website for quite some time after seeing the Preparing PayPal IPN status on the first try.

I'm picturing them writing down everything in their cart and how much it costs. 

If they did go back to PayPal and 'Send Money' on their own, that would explain the lack of order process emails and inventory adjustments. 

Typically, if there's going to be some delay on PayPal's end, they notify me immediately.  Like...a buyer paying with a transfer from their bank account.  But, it won't stop the order from completing.  They'll just let me know that the funds are not available to me yet.  The buyer will successfully complete checkout.

Would love to pick the buyer's brain now, but...I won't.

- Andrea

Ok, I did a test order and seems to be working correctly. However, a couple of things in the customers.php has zero customers shouldnt this show guests? Also in stats_customers.php it shows nothing. I think the original showed stats for the guest accounts, I could be wrong. I am guessing each payment module you need to add PWA in example stripe, that correct? Thanks

Edited by tmcca

Hello @tmcca,

Most of your concerns have already been discussed in this thred. But I'll do again:

3 hours ago, tmcca said:

in the customers.php has zero customers shouldnt this show guests?

In this version giuest accounts are auto deleted on checkout success. Only in some specific cases this does not happen:

- the customer doesn't back from and external payment service
- the customer does not continue browsing in the store and closes immediately the browser tab/window when arriving on checkout_success.php

For these cases the guest account is listed in admin/customers.php with the guest flag. Like this the store admin can see them and delete them manually. But it is not necessary to delete them.
If a customer tries to checkout again as guest with the same email address, the old guest account gets auto deleted on the fly.

Also in stats_customers.php it shows nothing

As there is no customer account stored in db, no statistics can be shown.

I am guessing each payment module you need to add PWA in example stripe, that correct?

Only the payment modules which bypass the core order processing in checkout_procerss.php, like paypal standard and stripe.

In the next verrsion I'm preparing for Phoenix 1.0.5.1 even this will not be needed any more.

Please see also the discussions at the beginning of this thread for further info.

rgds
Rainer

Edited by raiwa

@raiwa do you know of any known conflicts with Phoenix 1.0.5.0 or any of Jack's addons like Header Tags SEO, Ultimate SEO Urls or Sitemap SEO?

The reason I ask is when I add a product to cart, I fill out the form then check the Google Recaptcha box then click continue button I'm taken to login.php page.

Or maybe there's an issue with recaptcha...

There is no known incompatibility. I guess it's recaptcha or another mod in your store. Maybe you missed some code to add to pwa_account.php or add the page  to a recaptcha list. Which exact recaptcha addon are you using?

As the updated for Phoenix 1.0.5.1 will take longer as expected, I uploaded the intermediate update for Phoenix 1.0.5.0.

This version is not compatible with Phoenix 1.0.5.1 !!!

Purchase without account 4.1.0

Changes Version. 4.1.0
- updated for Phoenix 1.0.5.0
- hooked all modifications on admin side
- one hook call needed to be added in admin/orders.php and checkout_process.php

5 versions included:
Phoenix 1.0.2.0 and lower: (old review write page "reviews_write_pwa.php")
Phoenix 1.0.2.1 and higher: (new reviews module "ext/modules/content/reviews/write_pwa.php")
Phoenix 1.0.2.6 and higher:  (restyled checkout success modules")
Phoenix 1.0.4.0 and higher:  (updated review stars in admin/reviews.php")
Phoenix 1.0.5.0:  (hooked all modifications in admin)

2 minutes ago, mhsuffolk said:

thanks, just copied the title 😉

6 minutes ago, rupruprup said:

will this be updated to run with newer Phoenix editions ?

Probably for 1.0.6.0 release.

@raiwa

Just a quick question.  I did a fresh install to Phx 1.0.6.0.  I want to add this app back to the site.  Is it compatible with this version or do I need to wait?

Thanks