Latest News: (loading..)
ArtcoInc

Purchase without account for 2.3.4 and BS2334

Posted (edited)

These are only warning messages which are thrown in php 7.0 and 7.1 I believe. With a production error level reporting they will not show up. Only in php 7.2 it would produce problems. I'm planning to update this for php 7.2 and this will be fixed.

Edited by raiwa

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, brian_cee said:

Out of the blue, I see a person's info in the customers section of admin, which is odd, since I thought PWA doesn't store customers info, and I have disabled account login, or thought I did.

This happens if the guest customer just closes the browser tab when on the checkout success page or even doesn't come back to the store after external payment like paypal. Customer data is temporary stored during checkout in a regular account, but normally auto deleted when he leaves the checkout success page.

There is nothing wrong with it, if he tries the next time a guest checkout with the same e-mail, the old account data will be deleted.

There is no other possibility and no harm with it. Anyway the customers data is also stored in the order and only the store owner can see that data.

Edited by raiwa

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, raiwa said:

There is no other possibility and no harm with it. Anyway the customers data is also stored in the order and only the store owner can see that data.

I understand that customer's information is stored in the orders table/section, but in this case, I called the customer and she said it just "kicked her out" of the checkout process every time she tried to complete the order, but OK, maybe she's silly and doesn't know how to place an order......

Edited by brian_cee
spelling

4 hours ago, raiwa said:

With a production error level reporting they will not show up.

I don't understand this sentence, can you say a little more? And why did these errors only show up now, after no problems for several weeks of building this new site, I wonder?

6 hours ago, brian_cee said:

I don't understand this sentence, can you say a little more? And why did these errors only show up now, after no problems for several weeks of building this new site, I wonder?

Warning and info error messages shouldn't show up in a production/live store. Try in application_top.php and/or your php.ini.

It should be:

// set the level of error reporting
  error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE & ~E_WARNING);

if (defined('E_DEPRECATED')) {
    error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE & ~E_WARNING & ~E_DEPRECATED);
  }

There are two possibilities that they show up now:

1. you changed the php version to a higher one

2. the condition for the error to be generated wasn't given before. (empty variable instead of array)

It's really not important. I'll have a look on this for the next update.

Posted (edited)

just a cosmetic question: 

are the $HTTP_POST_VARS declarations in admin/orders.php to be transformed to  $_POST and so on in the future (I know, there is the compatibility var still running)?

Thank you for maintainig this great addon! It is more or less mandatory for all shops due to the gdpr regulation...

Edited by cupidare

maybe in checkout_process.php one has to remove the hook- registration since this is done in application_top recently...

1 minute ago, cupidare said:

maybe in checkout_process.php one has to remove the hook- registration since this is done in application_top recently...

Yes, there are many recent changes in EDGE. I'm waiting for the final release to update all my add-ons. For now please, apply what is needed upon your criteria.

I installed this PWA purchase witout account on BS Edge , it fuctions well except at the chechout_success i cannot set a pasword .In all cases i proceed the customer data is being deleted. If i understand the code well, the guest customer should being redirected to the set_password page after pushing the continue button. This does not happen., it goes directly to index.php snd the data is then deleted.

also i noticed that the selected  product notifications  are not saved to the account. Could this be a bug in the checkout continue button? ( expected form action=update missing?)

:heart: osCommerce?action=AED

I am using osCommerce version 2.3.4.1 CE  Frozen

About 3 weeks ago

Thanks for your fast response Raiwa,

i will wait your updates to this beautiful PWA guest account module.

Ok i figured it out that the checkout success continue button does not submit the form. By replacing the button with the button from the contact us form it is working perfectly. Also there is a link in the button to index.php wich is imo not nescessary because of the automatic redirect to it  in checkout success after submitting the form.The product notifications are  working also now. 

Is this a bug in Edge?

Hello @Rwe,

I checked and yes, this is a bug in the latest EDGE version.

The correct button should be a submit button without link like you stated:

echo tep_draw_button(MODULE_CONTENT_CS_CONTINUE_BUTTON_TEXT, 'fas fa-thumbs-up', null, 'primary', null, 'btn-success btn-block btn-lg');

Allthough it affects PWA the error is in the core module.

I'll submit the report and fix.

Thank you and kind regards

Rainer

Just uploaded:

Purchase without account BS 3.0

Compatibility: Responsive 2.3.4.1 BS CE Frozen PHP 7.0-7.2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Older 2.3.4.(1.) versions please use PWA for BS 2.5r2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Changes Version. 3.0:

• updated all core references and included modified core files to Responsive 2.3.4.1 BS CE Frozen
  • removed hook register from checkout_process.php
  • moved all delete guest account scripts into ht module
  • updated checkout_success.php content module modifications to use only new and optional "keep account" pwa module
  • modify all other checkout_process.php content modules by javascript included in ht module.
  • offer subscribe to product notifications in checkout success for guests who opt on permanent account
  • less core file changes

Posted (edited)

@raiwa

hi Rainer,

I'm updating the PWA addon to v3.0 and I noticed a couple of things that are off. In /admin/orders.php you removed this following line, but this is not part of PWA. It is part of the base BS Edge install. Does it need to be removed for PWA 3.0?

$OSCOM_Hooks->register('orders');

In that same file you also have the deprecated variable $HTTP_POST_VARS several times on lines 61 and 84

Edited by Demitry

Posted (edited)

Hello Demitry @Demitry

PWA 3.0 is for 2.3.4.1 CE Frozen only.

Compatibility: Responsive 2.3.4.1 BS CE Frozen PHP 7.0-7.2 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Older 2.3.4.(1.) versions please use PWA for BS 2.5r2 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Best regards

Rainer

Edited by raiwa

@raiwa

ok, I see,..

yeah, I have no interest in wasting more time to upgrade to this version. So, is the PWA v3.0 compatible with 2.3.4 BS Edge?

It is, but you would need to do the file changes on your own taking in consideration the differences of the referenced core code.

For example you have to keep the lines for hook register at the beginning of your files:

$OSCOM_Hooks->register('orders');

and add it for the pwa hook in checkout_process.php

ok, I will, thank you. Are there any other changes that I need to be aware of in PWA 3.0 for CE Frozen that should not be made in BS Edge?