donisi

"Easy Call for Price" Add-on Issues

Hello,

I am new to the oscommerce forum. I am using Oscommerce v2.3.1 and I have tried to implement the Easy Call for Price that was recently updated on the Add-ons site (http://addons.oscomm.../info/7787/v,23).

A few questions:

1. The first thing I noticed is that although the downloaded zip file is named "Easy_Call_2.3.4v1.1.2", the html file within is called "Easy_Call_2.3.4v1.1.1". Can anyone tell me if I am looking at the correct file?  I have sent a message to the contributor but there is no response.

2. On the product_info.php page of my site, the "Back" button appears instead of the "Buy now" button. This is good, however, when I click on the "Back" button it still takes me to the cart. Any thoughts on why the coding isn't working?

3. The coding in the products_new.php does not appear to work as I get a error and the page does not load (I get an error). Is there a problem with the coding?  If so, can someone help me?

4. On the index.php page, my products show and the Prices do say "call for price". However, there is a "buy now" button. How do I remove this button for products with a "call for price".

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

No replies yet....Let's look at #2 on the list first.

Here is the relevant code from product_info.php below.  Specifically the issue is that the back button does not return to the previous page.  It directs to the shopping cart.  I think the issue is with the javascript:history.go(-1).  Is there any alternative coding that would work?  I am using version 2.3.1. 

<?php
// BOF: MOD - EASY CALL FOR PRICE 2.3.1v1.0
/*

<span class="buttonAction"><?php echo tep_draw_hidden_field('products_id', $product_info['products_id']) . tep_draw_button(IMAGE_BUTTON_IN_CART, 'cart', null, 'primary'); ?></span>
*/
    if ($product_info['products_price'] == CALL_FOR_PRICE_VALUE){
?>
    <span class="buttonAction">
    <a href="javascript:history.go(-1)"><?php echo tep_draw_button(IMAGE_BUTTON_BACK,'Back',null,'primary'); ?></a></span>
< ?php
} else {
?>
    <span class="buttonAction"><?php echo tep_draw_hidden_field('products_id', $product_info['products_id']) . tep_draw_button(IMAGE_BUTTON_IN_CART, 'cart', null, 'primary'); ?></span>
< ?php
}
// EOF: MOD - EASY CALL FOR PRICE 2.3.1v1.0
?>

I figured out why the back button wasn't working.  To make the "back" button work on the product_info.php page, I needed to change this line from the Easy Call for Price Add-on code:

<a href="javascript:history.go(-1)"><?php echo tep_draw_button(IMAGE_BUTTON_BACK,'Back',null,'primary'); ?></a></span>

to:

<a href="javascript:history.go(-1)"><?php echo tep_draw_button(IMAGE_BUTTON_BACK,'Back',"javascript:history.go(-1)",'primary'); ?></a></span>

And it works!

On to the next issue:

On the index.php page, my products show up and the Prices do say "call for price". However, there is a "buy now" button. How do I remove this button for products with a "call for price".

I have traced the issue to the products_listing.php file.  Here is the code that I changed based on the Add-on instructions.  Can someone tell me why the "buy now" button is not removed?  Thanks in advance!

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_BUY_NOW':

if ($listing['products_price']> 0) //fix for call for price
            $lc_text = TABLE_HEADING_BUY_NOW;
        else
             $lc_text = ' ';

$lc_align = 'center';
        break;

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_BUY_NOW':

if ($listing['products_price']> 0) //fix for call for price

$prod_list_contents .= '        <td align="center">' . tep_draw_button(IMAGE_BUTTON_BUY_NOW, 'cart', tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $listing['products_id'])) . '</td>';

break;