• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

I want to skip "What's In Your Cart"

chrispopp8

Hi all,

My store flow is simple - one item that is presented on the home page. Click on "Buy Now" and go straight to checkout and BYPASS (skip, pass, etc.) shopping_cart.php. There's no reason for the customer to review their purchase until after they enter their billing and shipping info. 

The customer MAY in the future be presented with upsell, downsell, x-sell (cross sell) items after the checkout_shipping page. 

I did get Better Checkout to present the billing and shipping info on one page and allow the customer to register with the site only if they want to. 

Basically it's "Show them the product, get the billing and shipping info, offer upgrades, review purchase and then finish"

Does anyone have any idea on how to pass the shopping_cart.php page? Or combine the shopping_cart.php and checkout_shipping.php pages and hide the "What's In Your Cart?" portion so the desired product id is passed on from "Buy Now"? 

Thanks,

Chris

Hi,

you can deactivate the redirect to the shopping cart in admin => configuration => my store => Display Cart After Adding Product = false.

Or if you want to redirect your customer for example to the checkout_shipping immediatly after he clicked the buy button:

Open includes/application_top.php, search for:   $goto =  FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART; and change it to:  $goto =  FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING;

J.J.