• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal Express 3.1 Update Not Pushing Shipping Method Selected

mvanderhoff

Having a rather weird problem on one of my ecommerce websites.

The first one (indicated by threaddoctor-paypal.jpg) correctly pushes the selected shipping to PayPal and shows even before logging in.

However, on our second ecommerce website this does not happen as shown by picture mtnb-paypal.jpg. Even before logging it will only show the Item total and no shipping.

Then when you log in it appears to quickly show you the selected shipping method from the ecommerce website (shown in mtnb-paypal2.jpg)

But then quickly reverts to the lowest shipping cost (shown in mtnb-paypal3.jpg)

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Also these two websites use the same PayPal account for processing so it shouldnt be anything to do with the internal settings of the PayPal account.

Thank you in advance for any information or suggestions.

post-290961-0-92404400-1413556038_thumb.jpg

post-290961-0-81722600-1413556046_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem with the PayPal Express Checkout, it does not transfer the shipping and taxes. 

However, at first when I have the Online Merchant template V2.3.3  Paypal Express Checkout V1.2 first installed it works fine and transfers all shipping/taxes.  When I applied an SSL cerftificate on the same hosting domain, then this problem occur.  Could this be related to SSL?  

We had a similar problem with Paypal Express 3.1. Without SSL, paypal includes Shipping and Taxes worked fine fo than a year.
We installed SSL and with SSL Enabled and tested o.k. now Paypal completely ignores shipping and taxes. Luckily we found out sone enough without losing money.

We tried and disabled Paypal Instand Update by setting it in the payment module of OSCommerce V2.3.4 to False and now everythings seems to work fine.

Try and check please. Thanks Kevin.

• 3 months later...

We had this problem too. We use Paypal Express 3.1 and osc 2.3.3.4. The shop runs with SSL.

At the beginning Paypal worked well, shipping and taxes have been calculated correctly.

From one day to the other, shipping method was always set to free pick up in store.

In the checkout_confirmation and at the paypal side, the correct shipping method and the correct shipping cost were displayed. However, the wrong shipping method and the false shipping cost were sent to the customer and were stored into our db.

With the reference of Kevin to the instant notification function and the descriptions in the manual of the contribution I have found the cause of the error.

The cause is the missing 'Payment Zone' for Paypal.

Goto 'Locations / Taxes' -> 'Tax Zones' in the admin menu. Then create a tax zone for the countries from which you want to accept the paypal payments, for example 'worldwide'. I used the contribution "Rest of the World tax zone". (Contrib "Rest of the World tax zone" from 21.Jul 2014 contains an error and does not work. Change line45 to: <?php            echo tep_draw_form('doprocess', 'setup_international_zone.php', 'action=' . $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'], 'post'); ?>  and it works fine).

You can also manually create the new tax zone or perhaps there is already an appropriate zone.

If the new zone has been created, then go to 'Modul' -> 'Payment' -> 'PayPal Express Checkout'. Scroll down to 'Payment Zone' and select 'worldwide' (or the name you've chossed) from the pull-down menu. Click Save and afterwards enjoy the working 'PayPal Express Checkout'.

:rolleyes:

• 3 years later...
On 3/22/2015 at 3:38 PM, TheKnight said:

The cause is the missing 'Payment Zone' for Paypal.

Goto 'Locations / Taxes' -> 'Tax Zones' in the admin menu. Then create a tax zone for the countries from which you want to accept the paypal payments, for example 'worldwide'.

You can also manually create the new tax zone or perhaps there is already an appropriate zone.

If the new zone has been created, then go to 'Modul' -> 'Payment' -> 'PayPal Express Checkout'. Scroll down to 'Payment Zone' and select 'worldwide' (or the name you've chossed) from the pull-down menu. Click Save and afterwards enjoy the working 'PayPal Express Checkout'.

This didn't work for me. I tried my existing payment zone, but I also tried adding one with all countries all zones. Shipping information still isn't calculated.

• 1 month later...