• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Odoo & oscommerce

Gyakutsuki

Hello,

Do you know if exist a webservice oscommerce -> odoo or odoo -> oscommerce ?

Just for information Odoo is ex openERP.

Tk

Regards
-----------------------------------------
Loïc

Contact me by skype for business
Contact me @gyakutsuki for an answer on the forum

I don't know of any (I'm not interested in duplicating the Google search you presumably have done), but if you have the database schema for Odoo, with luck it might not be too far from osC's schema. Then you could take an .sql dump of the Odoo database, edit the table data layout and format to match osC's desired data, and import the data into an osC installation. Presumably all the information you need for osC is found in Odoo (or can be synthesized in some way), so it's a matter of understanding the two schemas and what data in Odoo corresponds to what data in osC. That's what a canned converter does. It won't be a trivial job, but should be possible.

I don't know any, but i would google openerp in combination with any popular oscommerce clones or other php based shopping carts.

it might be compatible enough to give you a quickstart, it is all "open" afterall

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

I found this tuto :http://thierry-godin.developpez.com/openerp/openerp-xmlrpc-php-fr/

It could be a good way to start.

Also I think there is a development for magento or prestashop can be good also.

Regards
Loïc

I decided to create a link with Odoo,

For moment, I have developped in XML-RPC a link Oscommerce to Odoo

- Create account (catalog)

- Update account (catalog)

- Update customers (admin)

These element work fine.

I am currently working on link with the product and orders.

I publish my work when I ll' finished

Regards
Loïc

Hi,

I want know if there is someone on the forum interesting by this integration and to test the development.

For that,you must have a linux server local or not, postgresql installed and odoo installed.

For debian / ubuntu is very simple to install odoo

lets me know your interest for that.

Thank you.

Regards
Loïc

I just publishing the first file : this the file configuration, others will be under add on with read me and modification inside oscommerce (just only one line)

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/9157

Regards
Loïc

First add on publish, link on the products, You can create a products, modify a product and it save to Odoo.

Regards
Loïc

Yesterday, I push my latest development, It will be interesting if I can have your feedback about that. Also, I push on oscommerce TV a request to insert a demonstration. I hope the video will be accepted.

Regards
Loïc

Hello,

I need your opinion.

Currently I improve the webservice, the address management is very difficult to do ,there are some thing to take in consideration. but I finish and there is a problem with odoo.

When I change a payment address during the payment process (new payment address), Osc is correct and write in hard inside database and the old address is not updated

But in Odoo, this not the same thing, if  during the process payment, the customer change this payment address, all the invoice (new and old) has the new address. 

I think there is a bug in odoo.

The only that I see is to block in Osc on the customer concerning a new payment address.

What is your opinion ?

Regards
Loïc

New version complety rewrite with class introduction.

I have taken the bug Odoo concerning the billing address or defautl address to respect the law if the default address is changed on Osc.

Regards
Loïc

• 2 months later...

ken,

This contribution (I must again do an upgrade) help you in the company management.

When a customer realise an order, the contribution push the order in Odoo and write your accounting.

If your process is complicated, an ERP can hep you.

The ecommerce software has usefull for the simple process but if you activities is developping, include an ERP could be a good solution.

Also with this ERP, you can manage a pos (if you are a real store), customer support, picking, wharehouse, ...

When I have more time I will updated the module with some fix

- International accounting

- Wharehouse

- Manufacturers

- Stock

- process order status

- Products with image

- Categories with image

This module is one way for ths moment :  OSC to Odoo.

If there are  some people know the python on community, it will be interesting to collaborate to create the second way.

Regards
Loïc

• 5 months later...

@ Gyakutsuki

Hi, I am really intrested in this contribution. And thank you very much for your great addon!

I have download the package from the github, but struggle with installation, it seems request VPS while I am using the share hosting service.

Do you have any suggest where I get start with?

And even though it said openERP, but it seems cost money to use it's services (addons), I mainly want to Odoo cause they have the drag and drop web building function, which osCommerce doesn't support it for people who has no knowledge about html or php coding at all.

Many thanks in advance.

Lyn

The installation is not very hard, just use a compare files.

The problem than you can have :

connexion database between odoo and Osc ,the pb can be the restriction of the server if you are not in the same environement

After, it's better for you to create a database test and test all the import before to use in production and verify your integration os correct.

Yes Odoo can use the drag and drop, to try to use, it's a pain. If you want to have some flexibility, you will have some pb with Odoo because the code is very young and all the site are the same and to finish if you want new functionnalities and you don't the python or how to use correctly, it will be hard.

I recommend you, if you know osc, to stay with osc and to use Odoo for the accounting or more complex relation.

Regards
Loïc

The installation is not very hard, just use a compare files.

The problem than you can have :

connexion database between odoo and Osc ,the pb can be the restriction of the server if you are not in the same environement

After, it's better for you to create a database test and test all the import before to use in production and verify your integration os correct.

Yes Odoo can use the drag and drop, to try to use, it's a pain. If you want to have some flexibility, you will have some pb with Odoo because the code is very young and all the site are the same and to finish if you want new functionnalities and you don't the python or how to use correctly, it will be hard.

I recommend you, if you know osc, to stay with osc and to use Odoo for the accounting or more complex relation.

thanks for quick reply.

i think at this stage it will be too hard for me as just for the web builder function, I had try google the other option and will give the ones I found a try! Will come back again when I am ready for Odoo.

Thanks again!

Archived