• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Add-On Guidance for OSC 2.3.4 desired site flow (PWA, Upsell)

chrispopp8

Hi everyone,

I've got 2.3.4 installed with no previous versions on the server. I've installed PWA for 2.3.4, Upsell and Add More Fields but have had problems with each. I've posted questions to the developers of Upsell and Add More Fields and gotten a response from Add More Fields... have not posted yet about PWA but have had problems getting it to do what I want.|

I thought I would ask for some guidance for what I need to do - I can edit code and things like that but I want to make sure I know what parts I need to download for 2.3.4 and what's not been updated yet.

Here's my desired site flow (using an Apple as the item example):

1. Home (one product only with order now button)
  2. Cart checkout page with current order total, payment and billing info fields for customer to fill out. Is shipping address different question asked (if yes, a shipping info box is shown)
  3. Upsells are presented to customer (preferably in ajax to reduce number of page loads. Only one upsell at a time is presented. There's 4 - 5 upsells (not just one) with the ability to order quantity of each per item. (Apple corer you can add with yes or no, polishing towel you can select the number that you want to add to your order)
  4. Secure checkout page with totals listed (qty, price (apple is paid for in X installments), S&P and total). Shipping, Billing and Payment info are also on the same page with payment dates (since the Apple is being billed at 33 cents today, 33 cents in one month and 33 cents in two months)
  5. After order confirmed page is displayed, a pop-up to take the customer to the Apple Eaters of America club is presented. Membership is only for those that have bought the Apple, is not charged for and is just an enrollment page. That is a separate item from OSC and is just listed as part of the site flow.

Here's what is happening currently....

1. Home (order now button)
  2. What's in my cart page shown
  3. Sign-in page (I am having problems with PWA)
  4. Create Account page
  5. Account Created confirmation page
  6. Delivery info and shipping choices are displayed
  7. Payment info is displayed
  8. Order confirmation
  9. Order completed / processed

Is my desired site flow capable? Customers do not need to create an account (less steps the better!) and I want to make it as painless as possible.

Thanks,

Chris