Latest News: (loading..)
Sign in to follow this  
p2409

STS and osc 3

I've made a number of sites using OSC 2.2, but have had to make various changes (mainly session management) to get them going under PHP 5.4.

The reason I had to persist at getting OSC 2.2 working for PHP 5.4 (as opposed to upgrading to OSC 3) was the use of STS templating, and have finally managed to get them all running again under PHP 5.4 (not an easy task if you google it!).

Ultimately, I'd like to upgrade the sites to OSC 3, however STS won't 'drop in' to OSC 3.3

Has anyone managed to use STS with OSC 3?

OSC User Definitions

"I can add modules to OSC" = I can search, cut and paste. But not well, or I wouldn't be here.

"I start my posting with 'works like a charm' = I'm letting you down gently, nothing works and I have no idea why

"I finish postings with "plzzzz....hlp" = My installation is buggered and I know I'm going to have to pay someone, but I really, really don't want to.

In a nutshell, DON'T. The only people using osC 3 should be expert developers contributing towards its eventual release. All production sites should be using 2.3, preferably 2.3.4. I don't know if STS works with that level, but it should be a lot closer to 2.2 and easier to adapt.+

Harald, will you PLEASE move the osC 3 download OFF the same page as the 2.3.4 download? Even the warning is evidently not enough to deter people from using it in production.

Edited by MrPhil

If you are running the "official" osC 2.3.4 or 2.3.4.1 download, your installation is obsolete! Get (stable) Frozenpatches or (unstable) Edge. See also the naming convention and the latest community-supported responsive "Edge" release