• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] NEW Australia Post Shipping Modules for osC 2.3.x

auzStar

awesome, following that setup 0.5kg works.

its not that far off satchel or parcel, it really comes down to the parcel dimensions which is not calculated individually per product anyway

the "savings" issue is when items fit in a satchel, the price is FIXED Australia wide.

my work around would be to just set the weights for those products to 0.5

3000 > 6000

0.5kg parcel -  $7.45

0.5kg stachel - $8.25

Ok,

BUT big difference on larger weights:

3000 > 6000

3kg parcel - $22.30

3kg satchel -  $13.40

5kg parcel - $28.60

5kg satchel -  $17.10

this would not be appealing for customers in those expensive areas,

any thoughts for a work around?

very keen on the "no signature" requirements fix also.

thanks (y)

@@mafiouso

As already mentioned "These current modules are not designed to work with satchels and envelopes".

There needs to be separate modules created specifically for these to pull the data from Auspost and perform the relevant calculations.

If you want this done how about contacting Commercial Support http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/forum/84-commercial-support/ and paying for a service. If no one there can help then pm me. 

The "no signature requirements" is not a fix, it's a request for a modification to the module. 

My Add-ons
Advanced Cache Control Tool for osCommerce 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Ajax Product Listing for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support
Category New Products Carousel for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support
Category Popular Products Carousel for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support
Customer Testimonials for osCommerce 2.3.4 (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support
Front Page New Products Carousel for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support

Index Nested - Product Listing for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrapDownload Support
Match Categories in Search Results for osCommerce versions 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Modular Category Page for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap)
Download Support

NEW Australia Post Shipping Modules for osCommerce 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
NEW Equal Height Module for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrapDownload Support
Products Low Stock Report for osC 2.3.x (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support
Twitter Typeahead Autocomplete Search for osCommerce 2.3.4 (bootstrap and non-bootstrap)
Download Support

Upcoming Products Modules for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support

Assisted Add-ons
Scroll Boxes for osCommerce 2.3.x (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support

Bootstrap Add-ons created by other members
osCommerce Bootstrap Addons and Code

these are end user suggestions to make this add-on generally more useful.

im not sure why everyone by default would want signature on delivery for every parcel when they all include tracking by default these days under $300

i also highlight the price \ savings difference with parcels and satchels.

there is still an issue of how the cart would know the volume to determine if a satchel is suitable or a parcel if necessary

but it could be as simple as all products with weights set to  1050, 1300, 1500 (500g, 3,kg, 5kg) would use that satchel price

if

other items are added calc =

at the end of the day, the total sale price can determine a sale outcome. no doubt a customer can shop around to save even $1.

these are simply suggestions

the addon outside this works well. thanks

@@mafiouso

As already mentioned "These current modules are not designed to work with satchels and envelopes".

There needs to be separate modules created specifically for these to pull the data from Auspost and perform the relevant calculations.

If you want this done how about contacting Commercial Support http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/forum/84-commercial-support/ and paying for a service. If no one there can help then pm me. 

The "no signature requirements" is not a fix, it's a request for a modification to the module. 

@@mafiouso

"Signature on delivery" is not the default for every parcel. There are other shipping options without "signature on delivery" available for parcels also. The Auspost parcel delivery options available in the module are exactly the same as what is available at Auspost and the Auspost shipping calculator for parcels. The module was never intended to be used for satchels, it's documented. (fyi, tracking wasn't always included)

If the options for satchels were available, the cart would not be expected to distinguish between satchels or parcel delivery options to determine which ones to make available, you as the admin would enable/disable shipping modules in admin based on your products and how you prefer to delivery them.

It would be a fairly complex shipping module if it were to distinguish between satchels or parcels. Would you be prepared to pay for it.

Don't forget, as it stands, this is a free product, so don't expect services here that you would expect to get for paid products. A lot of the osCommerce work done here is provided freely, in available spare time.

Edited by auzStar

My Add-ons
Advanced Cache Control Tool for osCommerce 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Customer Testimonials for osCommerce 2.3.4 (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support

Match Categories in Search Results for osCommerce versions 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Download Support

NEW Australia Post Shipping Modules for osCommerce 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Products Low Stock Report for osC 2.3.x (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support
Twitter Typeahead Autocomplete Search for osCommerce 2.3.4 (bootstrap and non-bootstrap)
Download Support

Assisted Add-ons
Scroll Boxes for osCommerce 2.3.x (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support

@@mafiouso

"Signature on delivery" is not the default for every parcel.

it is a defult option that cannot be turned off. therefore the customer can select it when not desired by the store owner. this makes things much more complicated when posting.

There are other shipping options without "signature on delivery" available for parcels also. The Auspost parcel delivery options available in the module are exactly the same as what is available at Auspost and the Auspost shipping calculator for parcels.  the SOD option cannot be turned off and will always be available at checkout

The module was never intended to be used for satchels, it's documented. (fyi, tracking wasn't always included)

auspost changed to a tracking on all items late 2014, SOD is extreme for basic parcels

If the options for satchels were available, the cart would not be expected to distinguish between satchels or parcel delivery options to determine which ones to make available, you as the admin would enable/disable shipping modules in admin based on your products and how you prefer to delivery them.

my issue is giving the customer to many choices which causes issues and more work for the seller. for example if the shopping module is not accurate or giving the best deal the customer will feel ripped off (like the examples of cost i gave in the last reply parcel vs satchel to 6000). or if the seller can cut the cost by using a satchel over a parcel but the cart says parcel then you get those customer that question it. if the cart just shows the "total postage" all calculated in the back end then the seller can use what ever mixed method to achieve an outcome. even save a little on rrp.

on the price differences depending on the dimensions of the products, as i said at the end of the day charging the customer the best postage rate is most important.

x2 3kg box as a parcel could be $35-45 to WA,NT, QLD but x2 3kg satchels would be fixed price $24

It would be a fairly complex shipping module if it were to distinguish between satchels or parcels. Would you be prepared to pay for it.

i think the easiest way would be to use the shipping weight to determine what price and method to use... ie 1050, 1300, 1500 (500g, 3,kg, 5kg)

then the shipping module in the back end would...

if item in cart is :

wieght 1050 (500g stacel) use satchel price

weight  3kg  (parcel) use   parcel price

wieght 1300 (3kg stacel) use satchel price

then ADD total, and spit out postage price to cart.

if any of the parcel items are over $300 add fee

same if extra cover is selected on total or enable by seller

the seller would choose suitable products to give the satchel weigt

anyway there are just ideas that could suit many stores because the issue remains when having 2 separate shipping modules or parcel and satchels and the customer can choose some items end up costing more or less as the cart wont factor in diminutions.

Don't forget, as it stands, this is a free product, so don't expect services here that you would expect to get for paid products. A lot of the osCommerce work done here is provided freely, in available spare time. if there is an interested in this, which i would expect others would want a full package. there is always the option of a crowd funding or donations arrangement.

@@mafiouso

FYI, I don't work for osCommerce and I don't work for Auspost. I created this module in my free time and decided to make it available to other aussie users of osCommerce. As I've already stated the module uses the parcel shipping options that are available at Auspost. Just because tracking is automatically included by default does not mean that a parcel is hand delivered to the end customer. Signature on delivery guarantees that the parcel is 100% hand delivered to the customer who has to sign for it. Why do you want to remove this option from customers who may want this for added reassurance, and why do Auspost also still have this as an option? If the customer does not want signature on delivery, to save on shipping costs, then they will not choose it.

As I said all the options that are available at Auspost are available in the module. While this might not suit all shop owners I think that most will find this module very useful. What other Auspost shipping modules are there that can be used for free and that work this well.

Edited by auzStar

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons

"As I said all the options that are available at Auspost are available in the module. While this might not suit all shop owners I think that most will find this module very useful. What other Auspost shipping modules are there that can be used for free and that work this well."

as i already said its not necessary for cheap or small items that are sent by satchel or small parcel, and time consuming when posting what items have it and which dont. its annoying that it cant be turned off and its forced on the seller.

"FYI, I don't work for osCommerce and I don't work for Auspost"

not sure where you read i suggested that.

and again... these are suggestions to make a better general module who ever may do the modifications as some point.

@@mafiouso

FYI, I don't work for osCommerce and I don't work for Auspost. I created this module in my free time and decided to make it available to other aussie users of osCommerce. As I've already stated the module uses the parcel shipping options that are available at Auspost. Just because tracking is automatically included by default does not mean that a parcel is hand delivered to the end customer. Signature on delivery guarantees that the parcel is 100% hand delivered to the customer who has to sign for it. Why do you want to remove this option from customers who may want this for added reassurance, and why do Auspost also still have this as an option? If the customer does not want signature on delivery, to save on shipping costs, then they will not choose it.

As I said all the options that are available at Auspost are available in the module. While this might not suit all shop owners I think that most will find this module very useful. What other Auspost shipping modules are there that can be used for free and that work this well.

@@mafiouso

So you want to remove the option for a customer to choose signature on delivery when an order may cost $300 but it's OK to have signature on delivery when an order costs $301.

What I meant by that is, you are expecting services as though you had paid for them, judging by the way you've been making requests to have the module changed ASAP.

Quotes from your previous posts:

"hope someone can help asap"
"its one of the last few things holding back lunch"
"very keen on the "no signature" requirements fix also"

You keep mentioning satchels. The module/s would require major changes to include pulling in satchel prices as well and then to write the logic to determine which shipping options to offer.

All that you're asking can be done, but don't just expect people to drop everything to modify a module (provided for free) to your liking (asap and for free) when the module can do the job that it was designed to do, as it was written for parcels.

Signature on delivery guarantees that the parcel is 100% hand delivered to the customer who has to sign for it. Why do you want to remove this option from customers who may want this for added reassurance (when an order may be close to the $300  mark), and why do Auspost also still have this as an option? If the customer does not want signature on delivery, to save on shipping costs, then they will not choose it.

Edited by auzStar

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons

So you want to remove the option for a customer to choose signature on delivery when an order may cost $300 but it's OK to have signature on delivery when an order costs $301.

yes seller having the choice to offer SOD for under $300 orders, over $300 its a requirement from auspost

What I meant by that is, you are expecting services as though you had paid for them, judging by the way you've been making requests to have the module changed ASAP.

Quotes from your previous posts:

"hope someone can help asap"

"its one of the last few things holding back lunch"

"very keen on the "no signature" requirements fix also"

dude... asking how "I" can make a possible change to remove SOD is hardly asking for a "service" and it was a open question. not directed to you.

You keep mentioning satchels. The module/s would require major changes to include pulling in satchel prices as well and then to write the logic to determine which shipping options to offer.

i keep mentioning the issue of price difference with parcel and satchel as its a problem most sellers will have

All that you're asking can be done, but don't just expect people to drop everything to modify a module (provided for free) to your liking (asap and for free) when the module can do the job that it was designed to do, as it was written for parcels.

great. so if anyone is interested they can look into these ideas and contribute if you are not interested. i have already said if money is a issue donations and crowd funding can be looked into making this a generally better module for everyone to use.

Signature on delivery guarantees that the parcel is 100% hand delivered to the customer who has to sign for it. Why do you want to remove this option from customers who may want this for added reassurance (when an order may be close to the $300  mark), and why do Auspost also still have this as an option? If the customer does not want signature on delivery, to save on shipping costs, then they will not choose it.

i have answered this at least 3 times now...   it may suit your use but others may not want it.

"as i already said its not necessary for cheap or small items that are sent by satchel or small parcel, and time consuming when posting what items have it and which dont. its annoying that it cant be turned off and its forced on the seller. "

Edited by mafiouso

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@ce7

Hi Lyn,

First, please make sure you are using the correct version on the installation files and instructions for your osCommerce version.

You should then be able to work out from the "checkout_shipping.php" file that is supplied with the package (for that version) where you should be putting the new code. (it has the new code already in there just like the instructions)

If you are still having difficulty due to your other add-ons then can you please let me know which version you are using and paste the contents of your "checkout_shipping.php" file so that I can try to assist you.

FYI the instructions do tell what code to look for in relation to the line numbers :)

cheers

Edited by auzStar

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons

@ce7

Hi Lyn,

Is this a new store?

Are all your other admin settings setup correctly for an Australian shop. ie the "Location/Taxes" section configured correctly, specifically "Zones" and "Tax Zones" which need to have entries for Australia and also the store country/zone needs to be set to Australia/{your state} under "Configuration->My Store". Also remember to set the "Shipping Zone" to Australia for each shipping module when the above settings are complete.

It is assumed that these settings are correct for this module to work.

After checking the above, can you test with another Shipping module as well, such as "flat rate" shipping and see if that works.

cheers

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons

@ce7

No you don't need to modify any code under modules/shipping.

The same key you received from Auspost is used for all the Auspost shipping modules.

Anyway, it seems it may be working now. "Australia Post Courier Post" won't show up if your local time is past the cut-off time for this delivery option.

Yes, international ones only appear if the customer's shipping address is overseas.

Check your settings for the international ones, try setting the Shipping Zone to "none".

cheers

Edited by auzStar

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons

@ce7

If you're prices are zero then there must be a problem with your installation as mine is working fine and I know other setups are also working.

Double check your file changes with the documentation and if needed refer to the files that are included with the version of the package that you're using to find the where the code changes are required to be done correctly.

In the meantime I'll try to see where the code is that processes the costs to display correctly.

cheers

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Frank, Installed the Australian Postage Module into a new OSCommerce store - Thanks for the contribution.

My Problem is that the postal charges that are displayed are all EX GST. I have set up the zones correctly, and my cart updates the product with gst, but not the postage fee.

Am I doing something wrong, or is there a bit of code missing.

site: www.justtabletennis.com.au

The product i'm using for testing is "Plasma 380" all other products are as per fresh install.

Thanks in advance.

Rob

@@pingpongrob

Hi Robert,

In the shipping modules, have you set the "tax class" to your gst tax rate? Although the AusPost shipping costs already include gst, the shipping modules remove it first then it is added back through the normal tax flow of the osCommerce tax calculations, so that tax totals will be calculated correctly.

cheers

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons

• 4 months later...

@@ce7

Can you supply me with a link to your store so that I can check it.

Also can you pm me your key so that I can test it.

thanks

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons

• 1 month later...

just started getting this error? possibly a server upgrade or something. nothing has been changed by myself

Warning: array_multisort(): Argument #1 is expected to be an array or a sort flag in/home/user/public_html/shopping/checkout_shipping.php on line 334

line 344:       array_multisort($quote, SORT_ASC, $quotes); // sort modules by cost (by the first method cost which has already been sorted above)

any advice? thanks

• 4 months later...

@@ce7

I need more information to try to troubleshoot/replicate the issue, such as your Auspost Shipping settings, server environment, osC version.

My setup is working fine.

Why is it happening with a certain product? If it works with other products then it's probably not a problem with the module. Check the entries for the products causing the issue.

You could try just commenting out that bit of code to see it helps (all this code does is sort by price putting cheapest first).

example below (i.e. put double slash // at beginning):

// array_multisort($quote, SORT_ASC, $quotes);

cheers

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons

• 2 months later...

New version (v1.1) has been added to the add-on:

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/9150/#tabs-hist

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AUSPOST SHIPPING SERVICES INCLUDED IN THIS PACKAGE:

*International Parcels (info here - https://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/sending-overseas/international-delivery-options):
Australia Post - Courier International Post (with and without extra cover) - 2 options
Australia Post - Express International Post (with and without extra cover) - 2 options (Signature on Delivery included on both options)
Australia Post - Standard International Post (with and without extra cover) - 2 options
Australia Post - Economy Air International Post (with and without extra cover) - 2 options

*Domestic Parcels (info here - https://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/sending-in-australia/domestic-parcels):
Australia Post - Parcel Post (with and without extra cover) - 4 options (optional Signature on Delivery)
Australia Post - Express Post (with and without extra cover) - 4 options (optional Signature on Delivery)
Australia Post - Courier Post (with and without extra cover) - 2 options (Signature on Delivery included on both options)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHANGES IN THIS VERSION v1.1:
Shipping modules have changed (none of the other modifications made from the previous version have changed).
Inclusion of new gif/image files i.e. AusPost logos.
Changes have been made to enable communication to the new AusPost server to retrieve shipping costs and changes on how the API key's are used for live and test mode, plus some minor wording changes to shipping services.
The International modules have new names (and new filenames) with some slight differences to delivery services but the Domestic modules have the same names and no changes to the delivery services. Please visit AusPost website for further information on International shipping services at the following link: https://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/sending-overseas/international-delivery-options
The changes to the International and Domestic shipping modules are mainly due to the original AusPost contact server being decommissioned in the new year (2017). The new server came online during 2016 and also introduced new API service codes. Changes are also due to some International services being discontinued with the introduction of more simplified International services.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

cheers

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons

@@ce7

hi,

i am trying to install it on the BS version, it showes up all the shipping option, but the button to go to the next stage is missing.

Does it means it is not compatible with the BS version? thanks!

No it's not BS compatible at the moment. It says non-BS in the comments of the download. Always check the history tab for updated comments when you download a package.

cheers

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons

@@ce7

You haven't given me any details to help troubleshoot, osC ver?, Zones setup?, Module Shipping Zones and other settings?, weight settings?, do your products have a weight set? There could be many reasons why you are getting this message.

Maybe your Shipping Zones haven't been set correctly and make sure you have set up the state zones for Australia in "Locations/Taxes->Zones".

cheers

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

@@Ozpicious

Are there any plans to update this addon for bootstrap? I can't find any Australia Post addons that are bootstrap compatible and it would be awesome if this one was

@@CGhoST

Yes i would also like to kindly know the answer to this question. A BS version would be much appreciated

It will eventually be made compatible for BS. I can't say when. At the moment there are too many core changes required which goes against BS policy.

cheers

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons