• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] NEW Australia Post Shipping Modules for osC 2.3.x

auzStar

i also noticed that 1KG is the min weight?  is there a simple way to have under that. ie., ie for a 500g  satchel or a envelope. etc. thanks

Hello, had a few long hours trying to work out a few mods on this, but im stuck and need some help, please!

I would like to change a few things:

Enable available shipping options
Select which shipping options (methods) you want to make available for this shipping module? Available options are: standard (without insurance), insurance (with extra cover) or both. (Signature on Delivery will be offered regardless of selection)

standard
 insurance
 both

I wouild like to offer: (only)
DELIVERY: (with no extras)

then if the amount is over XYZ or $300

DELIVERY: (with extra cover)

so the ability to remove the "required signature" option

i have played with \catalog\includes\modules\shipping\apdomreg.php

for hours, and can not figure it out.

also:

change the LIMIT it applies for postage Signature\Insurance (the $300 limits change to XYZ)

and:

how to remove the brackets on output:

define('MODULE_SHIPPING_AUSPOST_DOM_REG_TEXT_NO_EXTRAS', 'with no extras');

(with no extras)

hope someone can help asap. thank you.

thank you! its one of the last few things holding back lunch. (y)

@@mafiouso

Don't forget this is a free product, so don't expect services here that you would expect to get for paid products (even then, that's no guarantee), a lot of the osCommerce work done here is provided in available spare time.

You are asking for changes to the module, not reporting a bug :-

My Add-ons
Advanced Cache Control Tool for osCommerce 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Ajax Product Listing for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support
Category New Products Carousel for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support
Category Popular Products Carousel for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support
Customer Testimonials for osCommerce 2.3.4 (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support
Front Page New Products Carousel for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support

Index Nested - Product Listing for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrapDownload Support
Match Categories in Search Results for osCommerce versions 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Modular Category Page for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap)
Download Support

NEW Australia Post Shipping Modules for osCommerce 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
NEW Equal Height Module for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrapDownload Support
Products Low Stock Report for osC 2.3.x (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support
Twitter Typeahead Autocomplete Search for osCommerce 2.3.4 (bootstrap and non-bootstrap)
Download Support

Upcoming Products Modules for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support

Assisted Add-ons
Scroll Boxes for osCommerce 2.3.x (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support

Bootstrap Add-ons created by other members
osCommerce Bootstrap Addons and Code

@@mafiouso

Hi, I've looked into this for you.

As you can see the modules are quite complex and to get it to work the way you want (with only one option available) would require a major re-write of one of the modules or creating a new one. (why remove options that are available to customers to choose anyway? but if it's the way you prefer i.e. to limit options, it can be done)

Signature on delivery is automatically included when the value for extra cover is over $300 and cannot be removed in this case (the option to have extra cover only without signature on delivery is hidden as an option), also this $300 value is set by Auspost so cannot be changed.

These current modules are not designed to work with satchels and envelopes.

To remove the brackets for (with no extras):

in apdomreg.php file, find the code (around line 384) 

$auspost_addons = "(" . $method_service . ")";

change to

$auspost_addons = ($method_service == MODULE_SHIPPING_AUSPOST_DOM_REG_TEXT_NO_EXTRAS ? $method_service : "(" . $method_service . ")");

cheers

Edited by auzStar

My Add-ons
Advanced Cache Control Tool for osCommerce 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Customer Testimonials for osCommerce 2.3.4 (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support

Match Categories in Search Results for osCommerce versions 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Download Support

NEW Australia Post Shipping Modules for osCommerce 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Products Low Stock Report for osC 2.3.x (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support
Twitter Typeahead Autocomplete Search for osCommerce 2.3.4 (bootstrap and non-bootstrap)
Download Support

Assisted Add-ons
Scroll Boxes for osCommerce 2.3.x (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support

ok, thanks.
i am not asking for a re-write, im asking if its possible to re configure it. with what is already there.
after speaking to auspost and checking into some options, lets forget the 300 limit change etc. as that makes sense
what i dont want is a customer selecting all these extra services that eat up time when really its not needed for a item under $300.

(no extras) #keep

(includes $1.50 extra cover) #keep

(includes $2.95 signature on delivery) #remove

(includes $2.95 signature on delivery + $1.50 extra cover) #keep/show when over 300

thanks again for the () fix.

may be a bug here

Fatal error: Call to undefined method currencies::get_decimal_places() in [/size]/home/user/public_html/shopping/includes/modules/shipping/apdomreg.php on line [/size]130

when trying to used order editor. clicking edit link.

128          $aus_currency_code = DEFAULT_CURRENCY;
129         $aus_rate = (float)$currencies->get_value($aus_currency_code); // get $AU rate (normally 1 when set as default currency)
130          $decimal_places = $currencies->get_decimal_places($aus_currency_code); // get $AU decimal places (normally 2)

Currency set as:

Australian Dollar (default)    AUD    1.00000000  

Edited by mafiouso

order_editor_for_2.3.4_v1.2.3 - to clarify

may be a bug here

Fatal error: Call to undefined method currencies::get_decimal_places() in [/size]/home/user/public_html/shopping/includes/modules/shipping/apdomreg.php on line [/size]130

129         $aus_rate = (float)$currencies->get_value($aus_currency_code); // get $AU rate (normally 1 when set as default currency)
130          $decimal_places = $currencies->get_decimal_places($aus_currency_code); // get $AU decimal places (normally 2)

Currency set as:

ok, thanks.

i am not asking for a re-write, im asking if its possible to re configure it. with what is already there.

after speaking to auspost and checking into some options, lets forget the 300 limit change etc. as that makes sense

what i dont want is a customer selecting all these extra services that eat up time when really its not needed for a item under $300.

(no extras) #keep

(includes $1.50 extra cover) #keep

(includes $2.95 signature on delivery) #remove

(includes $2.95 signature on delivery + $1.50 extra cover) #keep/show when over 300

thanks again for the () fix.

@@mafiouso

What's with the large bold text? <_<

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons

may be a bug here

Currency set as:

@@mafiouso

order editor is not standard in osCommerce. The error doesn't appear using the standard osC orders->edit, so it's not a bug with this shipping module.

And judging by the comments in the add-on->history for this add-on "order_editor_for_2.3.4_v1.2.3", it's a poorly written add-on.

Below is quoted from the history:

icon_minus.gif order_editor_for_2.3.4_v1.2.3 xtronics 5 Mar 2015  16x16_report.png

This is a basic fix for OSC v2.3.4

I'm sure there is more to fix in here - a lot of code needs to be cleaned up.

Just a single file.

This needs to be cleaned up and rewritten as a module. - Probably should lose some java and ajax. Might be easier to start from scratch - yet this should be a normal part of OSC.

Sorry but I'm not familiar with the "order editor" add-on. See if the developer of that add-on can help.

My only thought is that maybe $currencies isn't being declared somewhere in the "order editor" code (it is declared in the Auspost shipping modules).

Regarding your earlier request, I'll look into it to see if there is a simple solution.

cheers

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons

@auzStar

hello, order editor has been a long running popular addon to edit orders.(i don think there is a better alternative, and its working on my older stores)

the update to work on 2.3 my need some work but i don't think its the issue here.

if i remove the Australia Post Parcel Post module

or

turn it off, the error is gone.

if i edit, and when i say edit. ORDER EDIT. (/admin/orders.php?page=1&oID=35&action=edit) not standard VIEW EDIT (/admin/orders.php?page=1&oID=35&action=edit)

i will get

Fatal error: Call to undefined method currencies::get_decimal_places() in /home/use/public_html/shopping/includes/modules/shipping/apdomreg.php on line 130

if i turn off Australia Post Parcel Post module, its ok again

if i install another Australia Post Parcel Post module, one that is very similar no issue.

regardless of the shipping method used in the order it will give me that error if its turned on.

thanks

@@mafiouso

Try putting the code below in the file "catalog/admin/includes/classes/currencies.php", if you compare this file with the catalog version you'll see what I mean.

Something the order editor does needs this code, since the standard orders manager doesn't. (other shipping modules probably don't use "get_decimal_places")

function get_decimal_places($code) {
      return $this->currencies[$code]['decimal_places'];
    }

cheers

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons

seems to be the same error?

Fatal error: Call to undefined method currencies::get_decimal_places() in /home/user/public_html/shopping/includes/modules/shipping/apdomreg.php on line 130

128         $aus_currency_code = DEFAULT_CURRENCY;
130         $decimal_places = $currencies->get_decimal_places($aus_currency_code); // get $AU decimal places (normally 2)

@@mafiouso

Try putting the code below in the file "catalog/admin/includes/classes/currencies.php", if you compare this file with the catalog version you'll see what I mean.

Something the order editor does needs this code, since the standard orders manager doesn't. (other shipping modules probably don't use "get_decimal_places")

}

cheers

@@mafiouso

can you dump the contents of the file "catalog/admin/includes/classes/currencies.php" so I can see what the problem is.

a work around is to change this line from:

130         $decimal_places = $currencies->get_decimal_places($aus_currency_code); // get $AU decimal places (normally 2)

to

130         $decimal_places = 2; // $AU decimal places

cheers

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons

<?php

/*

$Id$

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2007 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

////

// Class to handle currencies

// TABLES: currencies

class currencies {

var $currencies;

// class constructor

function currencies() {

$this->currencies = array();

$currencies_query = tep_db_query("select code, title, symbol_left, symbol_right, decimal_point, thousands_point, decimal_places, value from " . TABLE_CURRENCIES);

while ($currencies = tep_db_fetch_array($currencies_query)) {

$this->currencies[$currencies['code']] = array('title' => $currencies['title'],

'symbol_left' => $currencies['symbol_left'],

'symbol_right' => $currencies['symbol_right'],

'decimal_point' => $currencies['decimal_point'],

'thousands_point' => $currencies['thousands_point'],

'decimal_places' => $currencies['decimal_places'],

'value' => $currencies['value']);

}

}

// class methods

function format($number, $calculate_currency_value = true, $currency_type = DEFAULT_CURRENCY, $currency_value = '') {

if ($calculate_currency_value) {

$rate = ($currency_value) ? $currency_value : $this->currencies[$currency_type]['value'];

$format_string = $this->currencies[$currency_type]['symbol_left'] . number_format($number * $rate, $this->currencies[$currency_type]['decimal_places'], $this->currencies[$currency_type]['decimal_point'], $this->currencies[$currency_type]['thousands_point']) . $this->currencies[$currency_type]['symbol_right'];

// if the selected currency is in the european euro-conversion and the default currency is euro,

// the currency will displayed in the national currency and euro currency

if ( (DEFAULT_CURRENCY == 'EUR') && ($currency_type == 'DEM' || $currency_type == 'BEF' || $currency_type == 'LUF' || $currency_type == 'ESP' || $currency_type == 'FRF' || $currency_type == 'IEP' || $currency_type == 'ITL' || $currency_type == 'NLG' || $currency_type == 'ATS' || $currency_type == 'PTE' || $currency_type == 'FIM' || $currency_type == 'GRD') ) {

$format_string .= ' <small>[' . $this->format($number, true, 'EUR') . ']</small>';

}

} else {

$format_string = $this->currencies[$currency_type]['symbol_left'] . number_format($number, $this->currencies[$currency_type]['decimal_places'], $this->currencies[$currency_type]['decimal_point'], $this->currencies[$currency_type]['thousands_point']) . $this->currencies[$currency_type]['symbol_right'];

}

return $format_string;

}

function get_value($code) {

return $this->currencies[$code]['value'];

}

function display_price($products_price, $products_tax, $quantity = 1, $currency_type = DEFAULT_CURRENCY) {

return $this->format(tep_round(tep_add_tax($products_price, $products_tax), $this->currencies[$currency_type]['decimal_places']) * $quantity);

}

}

?>

did you try the code I posted above inside this file and if so where?

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons

changing to seems to

$decimal_places = 2; // $AU decimal places

have stopped the error, i will test it.

thanks!

what does that code reference to?

localization > Currencies?

mine is

Title: Australian Dollar Code: AUD
Symbol Left: $ Symbol Right:
Decimal Point: . Thousands Point: , Decimal Places: 2
Last Updated: 08/01/2015 Value: 1.00000000
Example Output:
$30.00 = $30.00

did you try the code I posted above inside this file and if so where?

changing to seems to

thanks!

mine is

Example Output:

$30.00 = $30.00

@@mafiouso

correct!

You need to try that code I posted and place it inside that file "catalog/admin/includes/classes/currencies.php", before the last }.

As I said, something the "order editor" does needs this code on the admin side, because of this shipping module, where as the standard order manager doesn't.

That's why I asked for the file dump, I wanted to see where you placed the code. But at the moment you don't have it in there :-

Trying to help and your not following instructions :sweating:

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons

just doing this worked.

a work around is to change this line from:

to

130         $decimal_places = 2; // $AU decimal places

and i can add products to an order with order editor and it will allow me to re-calc shipping in there. awesome!

changing to seems to WORK

thanks!

mine is

Example Output:
$30.00 = $30.00

so its not a mismatch of the currencies code? AUD\ AU?

No - it is not a mismatch - what you are seeing is down to the difference between the

catalog/includes/classes/currencies.php file and admin/includes/classes/currencies.php files - as pointed out to you the latter is missing:

}

if you add that into admin/includes/classes/currencies.php then the order editor add on should work. You may also have to cast the value at line 29 to an integer:

'decimal_places' => (int)$currencies['decimal_places'],

Shipping modules were never designed to be pulled into the admin side of things - when they are then you also need to have all the catalog operations available to them so, in this case the error lies in a combination or order editor and the stock code - not the shipping module. This has always been the case with osCommerce (at least since 2006) - that get_decimal_places is missing from the admin class.

@@Bob Terveuren

Thankyou Bob

Fingers crossed :)

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons

• 2 weeks later...

@@mafiouso

any chance to get this module to work for under 1kg? for example price for 500kg satchel

or the ability to remove the signature option for items under $300.

I'm looking into this.

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons

will this module calculate under 1kg?

http://auspost.com.au/apps/postage-calculator.html#

will accept 0.5kg as a entry $7.45 vs $13.95 over 0.5-11kg

cant see to get a test product to work in osc2.3.4

@@mafiouso

any chance to get this module to work for under 1kg? for example price for 500kg satchel

or the ability to remove the signature option for items under $300.

I'm looking into this.

@@mafiouso

The module calculates the shipping costs based on the weight of the product and the settings in admin "Configuration->Shipping/Packaging" (that is standard OsCommerce operation).

You need to check the settings in admin "Configuration->Shipping/Packaging" as there are a couple of settings there that can increase the total weight of products in the shopping cart. You need to have the settings "Package Tare weight" and "Larger packages - percentage increase" set to 0 if you only want to calculate on the exact weight of the products.

I just tested with a product having weights of 0.4kg and 0.5kg and got the correct shipping cost of $7.45. Weight of 0.6kg goes to next level shipping cost of $10.05, which is correct as per the Auspost shipping calculator. The module retrieves the costs from Auspost. 

As per picture attached satchels have different postage costs. The modules are currently only designed to retrieve costs for parcels not satchels, but can calculate for products under 1kg if that is all you want.

post-290729-0-17009600-1440395605_thumb.jpg

Edited by auzStar

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons

awesome, following that setup 0.5kg works.

its not that far off satchel or parcel, it really comes down to the parcel dimensions which is not calculated individually per product anyway

3000 > 2000 postcode

0.5kg parcel -  $7.45
0.5kg satchel - $8.25

1kg parcel   -  $13.95

3kg satchel -  $13.40

3kg parcel - $16.15

3kg satchel -  $13.40

5kg parcel - $18.15

5kg satchel -  $17.10

the "savings" issue is when items fit in a satchel, the price is FIXED Australia wide.

my work around would be to just set the weights for those products to 0.5

3000 > 6000

0.5kg parcel -  $7.45
0.5kg stachel - $8.25

Ok,

BUT big difference on larger weights:

3000 > 6000

3kg parcel - $22.30

3kg satchel -  $13.40

5kg parcel - $28.60

5kg satchel -  $17.10

this would not be appealing for customers in those expensive areas,

any thoughts for a work around?

very keen on the "no signature" requirements fix also.

thanks (y)