• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] NEW Australia Post Shipping Modules for osC 2.3.x

auzStar

Official Support Thread for the NEW Australia Post Shipping Modules for osCommerce 2.3.x.

Report problems here.

I will monitor this thread and try to answer as many questions as I can.

Feedback and comments appreciated.

Download link to be provided ASAP.

Frank

My Add-ons
Advanced Cache Control Tool for osCommerce 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Ajax Product Listing for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support
Category New Products Carousel for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support
Category Popular Products Carousel for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support
Customer Testimonials for osCommerce 2.3.4 (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support
Front Page New Products Carousel for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support

Index Nested - Product Listing for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrapDownload Support
Match Categories in Search Results for osCommerce versions 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Modular Category Page for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap)
Download Support

NEW Australia Post Shipping Modules for osCommerce 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
NEW Equal Height Module for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrapDownload Support
Products Low Stock Report for osC 2.3.x (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support
Twitter Typeahead Autocomplete Search for osCommerce 2.3.4 (bootstrap and non-bootstrap)
Download Support

Upcoming Products Modules for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support

Assisted Add-ons
Scroll Boxes for osCommerce 2.3.x (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support

Bootstrap Add-ons created by other members
osCommerce Bootstrap Addons and Code

My Add-ons
Advanced Cache Control Tool for osCommerce 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Customer Testimonials for osCommerce 2.3.4 (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support

Match Categories in Search Results for osCommerce versions 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Download Support

NEW Australia Post Shipping Modules for osCommerce 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Products Low Stock Report for osC 2.3.x (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support
Twitter Typeahead Autocomplete Search for osCommerce 2.3.4 (bootstrap and non-bootstrap)
Download Support

Assisted Add-ons
Scroll Boxes for osCommerce 2.3.x (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support

• 1 month later...

Thank you. This add-on is fantastic.

However I have come across one little issue which is caused by the updated code in the "checkout_shipping.php" file. I'm using SSL encryption on this page. The updated code somehow results in some content on the page not being encrypted. Fortunately I don't get that annoying message pop-up on screen telling me about it which would be very concerning to customers. My testing applies to IE11 and Chrome v 38.0.2125.111m. This issue doesn't occur if I simply replace the amended "checkout_shipping.php" with the original "checkout_shipping.php". So this proves it's definitely one of those code updates in the "checkout_shipping.php" file. I'd really like to get this issue resolved to ensure no loss of orders.

All other encrypted pages aren't affected by this issue.

Please help :)

thanks in advance, Todd o/

Thank you. This add-on is fantastic.

However I have come across one little issue which is caused by the updated code in the "checkout_shipping.php" file. I'm using SSL encryption on this page. The updated code somehow results in some content on the page not being encrypted. Fortunately I don't get that annoying message pop-up on screen telling me about it which would be very concerning to customers. My testing applies to IE11 and Chrome v 38.0.2125.111m. This issue doesn't occur if I simply replace the amended "checkout_shipping.php" with the original "checkout_shipping.php". So this proves it's definitely one of those code updates in the "checkout_shipping.php" file. I'd really like to get this issue resolved to ensure no loss of orders.

All other encrypted pages aren't affected by this issue.

Please help :)

thanks in advance, Todd o/

Hi Todd,

Sorry you're having this issue. I'll look at the code ASAP and do some more testing to see what could be causing the problem with encryption.

cheers

Dom

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons

Hi Todd,

I wasn't able to replicate this issue with osCommerce ver 2.3.4 using the browsers you mentioned.

But with osCommerce ver 2.3.1 only Chrome reports that "there are other resources within the page that are not secure", but with all encrypted pages, not just "checkout_shipping.php".

Which version of osCommerce are you using?

Can you attach a screen shot of the encryption message you receive. And also paste the contents of the "checkout_shipping.php" causing the issue with your reply.

cheers   

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I have set this up on a fresh installation.

Problem I am having is that when you go to checkout and get to checkout_shipping.php

I get a 500 Internal Server Error and it generates a core file dump.

If I disable this module; checkout_shipping.php does not crash.

(background: on my live website I was using another aus post module from 12 months and it has worked for 10months, last few days it started causing internal server error, so with advice from webhost that its a problem with the code, I found your newer module. installed it. same problem. Best way to troubleshoot I though would be to do a fresh load of oscommerce, no mods and then install only this mod/addon - still have same issue - webhost still blames code.)

Any advice you can provide as to why it could be generating this error?

Thanks

luke

@@Warp

Luke.

No, it doesn't use session_unregister, it uses tep_session_unregister() (see below) which is a common function used right throughout osCommerce. And as you can see session_unregister is only used on servers running PHP 4.2 or less.

function tep_session_unregister($variable) {
    if (PHP_VERSION < 4.3) {
      return session_unregister($variable);
    } else {
      unset($_SESSION[$variable]);
    }
  }

I see you also reported another similar error in the forum "Version Checker Internal 500 error, fresh install" http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/398787-version-checker-internal-500-error-fresh-install/#entry1709856.

FYI osCommerce 2.3.4 is PHP ver 5.4 compatible as patches have been introduced since osc ver 2.3.3, see "PHP 5.4 Compatibility Fix (coming in v2.3.3)" http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/388344-php-54-compatibility-fix-coming-in-v233/.

Since you are having similar errors elsewhere, unrelated to this add-on, I doubt that this add-on is causing the issue at "checkout_shipping".

As mentioned in the documentation for this add-on "The Australia Post Shipping Modules should work in your server environment that has the specifications as recommended by the version of osCommerce you are using, and within which your osCommerce store operates trouble free. But it is impossible to guarentee that every variable can be covered."

This addon has been tested with osCommerce versions 2.3.1 to 2.3.4 with PHP versions 5.3 and 5.6 without issue but, as the line in red above states, it is difficult to test under every server scenario.

Once you have confirmed that the "500 Internal Server Error" no longer occurs in your osc 2.3.4 installation without this add-on installed, please report your results either way back here (error or no error) when you have tested again with this add-on installed.

If you are still having an issue I will try to assist.

cheers

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah I am sure something else is at play.

On advice elsewhere I set (via cpanel) PHP to V5.2 + Zend Optimisation and the internal error disappears for this addon and the version checker.

Web provider says very little has changed in the pass two weeks. They have put in place a new firewall system, but believe that is functioning fine... :/

Cheers

Luke

luke

@@Warp

Since you mentioned your provider has only changed their firewall system recently, I wonder if that might have anything to do with curl possibly not being able to do it's thing. The Auspost shipping modules and the version checker use curl to connect to outside servers. So firstly you need to make sure that curl is still enabled on your server and if so, verify with your provider that there are no issues with the curl functions attempting to access these external servers through the new firewall.

But that wouldn't explain why it works when you revert back to PHP 5.2. But still it wouldn't hurt to make sure that curl is enabled when using the newer versions of PHP and that curl still has access through the firewall. 

Just a thought.

cheers

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dominic

Very unsual.. everything has started working again.. running on latest PHP again.. and the oscommerce version thing is working.

Web provider is adament they haven't changed anything server side since I reported the issue... anyway it's working. Liking your script , I had a different aus post last year (thought that was a problem, but in hindsight, probably not!).

Do you think you will ever have this script support letter rates?

Cheers

Edited by Warp

luke

@@Warp

Hi Luke,

Glad it's working on latest PHP. Strange how you were getting those errors before. They probably just don't want to admit any fault.

Hadn't planned to support letter rates? Maybe!

Haven't even had a chance to start the satchels for future as mentioned in the doco. Have been working on other things.

Glad you like the addon. Has lots of options. Let me know if you can suggest any improvements. I've thought about having the "Domestic Courier Post (same day deliver)" and "Domestic Express Post (next day delivery)" services disabled on weekends for obvious reasons, but then again it does say "Business day" in the on-screen messages.

cheers :santa:

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons

• 1 month later...

HI All,
I am using this module but I am getting complain from my customers that the Australia Post Option is missing,

It keep telling them that;

Sorry, you are not authorised to use this service.

https://getsale.com.au/

Latest version of OSC 2.3.4

Any idea please?

Thanks

Mitchell

Edited by austcoll

Delivery Information Shipping Address

Shipping Address:
Diana Simpson
18 Fairbairn Ave
Killara, 2071
NSW, Australia
Please choose from your address book where you would like the items to be delivered to.

Change Address 

Shipping Method

((((Please Select)))) ?? (There is no option to choose, it keeps saying please selcet but no where to selcet?

Please select the preferred shipping method to use on this order.
pixel_silver_light.gifAustralia Post Express Post   ap_exp.gifShipping to Killara (2071) : 1 box - 5.8kg(s) total
Up to 2 Working Days Processing + Guaranteed next business day delivery within the Express Post network
(signature on delivery + insurance) Sorry, you are not authorised to use this service. pixel_silver_light.gifAustralia Post Parcel Post   ap_reg.gifShipping to Killara (2071) : 1 box - 5.8kg(s) total
Up to 2 Working Days Processing + Delivery in 2 or more business days
(signature on delivery + insurance) Sorry, you are not authorised to use this service.

Add Comments About Your Order

THIS MODULE WAS WORKING BEFORE, but all of the sudden stopped working!

Edited by austcoll

@@austcoll

Hi Mitchell,

Did you apply for own Auspost API keys as per the documentation? You can't keep using the supplied test keys.

For the live option in the shipping modules you need to apply for your own API keys. I just tested and works when not using the test keys, but with my own registered keys.

Visit Auspost here for API keys https://developers.auspost.com.au/

cheers

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons

@@austcoll

Did you apply for the "Postage Assessment Calculator" API key (it's in the documentation)? After copying and pasting into module (check that the complete key is entered including dashes) and then set to "live" mode.

This message "Sorry, you are not authorised to use this service." means there is a problem with your key. No one else has reported a similar problem and I'm not aware of any issue with the API's and Auspost. Also my tests with a live key are successful. If you are still having an issue with your API key then request another key or contact Auspost directly.

New "test" key (from Auspost website which I have tested) is 28744ed5982391881611cca6cf5c240, if you need to use this in the meantime. But you should be using your own API key when your website is in production mode.

cheers

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons

Hi

Thank you very much, it is working now, yesterday after I added my new API key I re installed the module and looks like all options had gone to TEST mode again, so I changed that again and all seem to be working again.,

With kind regards

Mitchell

Edited by austcoll

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I have tried installing this module on a new install of OSC and my current development version. All seems to go ok and I can install and enable the modules but none appear as a shipping options in checkout.

I am using OSC 2.3.4.

"Shipping is currently not available for the selected shipping address. Please select or create a new shipping address to use with your purchase."

I have tried different products with different weights, live and test server with API keys, different shipping addresses.

Would very much like to get thsi working so any help appreciated.

Settings of one of the modules.

Australia Post Courier Post (domestic) with optional Extra Cover (Signature on Delivery included)

Same business day service from metro to metro locations within the same state and within the Courier Post network. Must be lodged by 2pm, Monday to Friday (set a cut off time for customers below). Signature on Delivery and Tracking included. Email Track Advice available. Optional $5000 max Extra Cover. 22kg max. Maximum length 105cm. (Maximum cubic metres 0.25)

Module Version

Note: Australia Post Shipping Modules use their own maximum weight calculations, this one using the figure shown here, in kgs

tick.gif Australian currency is set as default.

Enable Australia Post Courier Post (domestic)
True

API Key
a01a43fc-a5ba-43ca-86ad-1f7760bremoved

Contact Server
Live

Dispatch Postcode

Cut off Time

Allow zero stock
True

Enable available shipping options
both

Display icon
True

Preferred icon
ap_cour.gif

Handling Fee

Handling Fee Method
True

Delivery Message
True

Reduce maximum weight

Allow split orders
True

Split using Max Weight
True

Hide module when products are over weight
True

Parcel Height (mm)

Parcel Width (mm)

Parcel Depth (mm)

Shipping Zone
Australia

Tax Class
GST

Sort order of display.

Hi. Forget my earlier post. It is now working. It had to do with setting the "shipping zone". When set to none it is now working. When set to Australia it would not work.

Thanks for a great module.

@@MongrelTrailers

Hi Roger,

You should be able to set "Shipping Zone" to Australia for the domestic modules, if you have setup your zones correctly in your store. i.e. entered all states for country Australia in the Zones setting.

But anyway, the domestic modules will only work for Australian delivery addresses regardless.

If you're getting that message in your post above when "Shipping Zone" is to Australia then something is not right with your setup. Check your Zones.

cheers

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I have recently installed the bootstrap version of OsCommerce (http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/396152-bootstrap-3-in-2334-responsive-from-the-get-go/) and just want to make sure that this Australia Post Shipping Module is compatible before I go ahead and install. (Please say yes  :) )

Thanks.

Hi,

I have recently installed the bootstrap version of OsCommerce (http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/396152-bootstrap-3-in-2334-responsive-from-the-get-go/) and just want to make sure that this Australia Post Shipping Module is compatible before I go ahead and install. (Please say yes  :) )

Thanks.

@@ninkharsag

Hi Jenni,

Sorry to give you the bad news, but no it isn't compatible with the bootstrap version.

No plans to update it at the moment (24hrs in a day just isn't enough these days). But I'll keep you posted.

best regards

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons

• 1 month later...

Hello, had a few long hours trying to work out a few mods on this, but im stuck and need some help, please!

I would like to change a few things:

Enable available shipping options
Select which shipping options (methods) you want to make available for this shipping module? Available options are: standard (without insurance), insurance (with extra cover) or both. (Signature on Delivery will be offered regardless of selection)

standard
 insurance
 both

I wouild like to offer: (only)
DELIVERY: (with no extras)

then if the amount is over XYZ or $300

DELIVERY: (with extra cover)

so the ability to remove the "required signature" option

i have played with \catalog\includes\modules\shipping\apdomreg.php

for hours, and can not figure it out.

also:

change the LIMIT it applies for postage Signature\Insurance (the $300 limits change to XYZ)

and:

how to remove the brackets on output:

define('MODULE_SHIPPING_AUSPOST_DOM_REG_TEXT_NO_EXTRAS', 'with no extras');

(with no extras)

hope someone can help asap. thank you.

@@mafiouso

Hi there, I'll look into this for you and get back to you as soon as I can.

cheers

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons