• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal Standard not working after upgrading 2.3.3.4 to 2.3.4

lee the bean

Post upgrade testing via sandbox - user pays at PayPal and is redirected back to site.

However is redirected back to shopping cart with a pink error message

error.gif Could not verify the PayPal transaction. Please try again.

Order moves from

Preparing [PayPal Standard] to Pending in admin orders and order details are: 

Date Added Customer Notified Status Comments 05/10/2014 22:12:00 cross.gif PayPal [Transactions] PayPal IPN Verified [Transaction ID: 22P19020M5494511X; Completed (Unverified; £5.79)] 

However - no order emails are sent out neither is stock deducted nor checkout_success called.

Any ideas?

Addendum - Live site / PayPal also has the problem.

The IPN has changed significantly post upgrade with many more parameters including parameters like &item_name (a list of all purchased products).

Hmmm.

Had to backout the PayPal Standard update (the only one I use). Doh...

• 1 month later...

Hi Tejas,

No - I had to backout the standard_ipn.php file. Have been waiting to see if I was alone with this problem, or if the developer had a comment / suggestion to make.

Lee

PS - Not sure why this topic was moved to add-ons - as this add-on upgrade is part of the 2.3.3.4 to 2.3.4 version update.

Edited by lee the bean

The topic was moved to the PayPal Add-On channel as the reported issue is related to the PayPal modules.

Could you try out the following PayPal App:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/398299-looking-for-testers-new-paypal-app/

It is currently still in beta during its testing phase - it will be released publicly in the next couple of days.

:heart:, osCommerce

• 1 year later...

I also got the same problem.
OSC 2.3.4
Pay Pal APP
I can get Balance via PayPal App in admin, no error.
I can went through the check out process.
I got the confirm email ,  got confirm order  both from PayPal and admin side.

But...  When I click back to my website, it brings me back to shopping cart which is not empty.  So confused.
Here's the detail in error log

<HTML><HEAD>   <TITLE>Access Denied</TITLE>   </HEAD><BODY>   <H1>Access Denied</H1>       You don't have permission to access "http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" on this server.<P>   Reference #18.2ffdb7ca.1477654189.156b558   </BODY>   </HTML>